Newsbot @ Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:21 pm

Title: Keystone XL pipeline approval by U.S. Senate expected today
Category: Uncle Sam
Posted By: Regina
Date: 2015-01-29 12:29:23
Canadian

martin14 @ Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:21 pm

The Senate just passed it.

Now just watch as Obama-the-great-friend-of-Canada vetoes the bill.

BartSimpson @ Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:23 pm

Obozo promised that he will veto Keystone in the same speech where he said he'd veto all sorts of other things and then had the nerve to say that he wanted to work together with the new Congress. F*cking liar.

Regina @ Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:33 pm

My good friend and best man at my wedding has been working out of Houston for the past 2 years. Wonder what he's been doing there............while working for Trans Canada Pipeline?? :lol:

2Cdo @ Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:39 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Obozo promised that he will veto Keystone in the same speech where he said he'd veto all sorts of other things and then had the nerve to say that he wanted to work together with the new Congress. F*cking liar.

And the leftie Canadians bought into his bullshit. :(

BartSimpson @ Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:08 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

And the leftie Canadians bought into his bullshit. :(

Yep, and for six years now they've blamed all of Obama's shortcomings on Bush. If you only listened to the Canadian left you'd think we have two Presidents down here:

Obama who does the stuff they like and Bush, that SOB who does the stuff they don't like.

Jabberwalker @ Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm

Regina Regina:
My good friend and best man at my wedding has been working out of Houston for the past 2 years. Wonder what he's been doing there............while working for Trans Canada Pipeline?? :lol:

The Trans Canada Pipeline proposal to extend petroleum transport to Quebec and Ontario will hook them up to an extensive network of North-South pipelines in the Eastern part of the continent. They mostly lead to and from the Gulf. That Trans Canada Pipeline for good ole Eastern Canada extension is actually a "plan B" in case the Keystone doesn't get built. One way or another, Canadian petroleum is going to the Gulf ... by train, if necessary.

Regina @ Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:47 pm

It already goes by train........

Jabberwalker @ Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:55 pm

... sometimes even gets there...

BRAH @ Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:28 am

:roll:

stratos @ Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:02 am

If Obama Vetoes the bill I don't think Congress has enough votes (67) to over turn it.

Zipperfish @ Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:24 am

I gather Obama actually has a pretty good economic record so far. As for Keystone, well, guess what: The "Take a pipeline up the wazoo or we're sending in the exploding trains" ain't the best PR campaign ever. Seems to be primarily about partisan politics. Maybe it wiull be an election issue. Conversely, I do think six years for a government review of the thing is ridiculous.

2Cdo @ Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:27 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I gather Obama actually has a pretty good economic record so far. As for Keystone, well, guess what: The "Take a pipeline up the wazoo or we're sending in the exploding trains" ain't the best PR campaign ever. Seems to be primarily about partisan politics. Maybe it wiull be an election issue. Conversely, I do think six years for a government review of the thing is ridiculous.

It's always about partisan politics, never about jobs or economy, no matter what politicians say.

Zipperfish @ Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:48 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
It's always about partisan politics, never about jobs or economy, no matter what politicians say.

I agree, especially in the US. If Obama saw votes in it, they'd be layin' pipe right now.

2Cdo @ Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:54 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

I agree, especially in the US. If Obama saw votes in it, they'd be layin' pipe right now.

I seen some figures this morning that showed well over 50% support for Keystone across the entire political spectrum.

He doesn't want it and he will veto it to avoid looking like he is weak. Unfortunately he's too late for that. :lol:

1  2  Next