Newsbot @ Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:27 pm

Title: Saudi pumping millions to promote Wahhabism in India
Category: World
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2015-07-01 16:06:29

N_Fiddledog @ Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:27 pm

Wikileaks tells us Islamic schools in Canada like Saudi money too:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/nat ... e25223573/

Also the Muslim Brotherhood organization, Muslim Association Of Canada.

http://www.blazingcatfur.ca/2015/06/22/ ... nd-canada/

No Wahhabi talk though, so maybe we're all right.

andyt @ Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:11 pm

IF it's Saudi Money, I would guess it's funding wasabi, even if they don't state so outright.

This is the root of it. Worry about ISIS etc, send people do die in vain wars, but send the Saudis home on special planes after 911, never talk about the root of it all. It's why I can't take all the sturm und drang about jihadism all that seriously - our govts seem to be in on it. I think we're being bullshitted in a major way here. It's not all Muslims, it's not Islam, it's this shit.

And I still haven't heard a really convincing argument why we continue to suck Saudi dick. Maybe it's just all a game to keep people occupied about what's really going on.

MeganC @ Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:32 pm

andyt andyt:
IF it's Saudi Money, I would guess it's funding wasabi

The Saudis are funding sushi!!! I hope its real wasabi and not that green horseradish junk!!!

herbie @ Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:51 pm

Wasabi doesn't go well with pakoras r samosas. Good luck to them...

N_Fiddledog @ Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:27 am

andyt andyt:
it's not Islam, it's this shit.

When you say, "this shit", I'm going to assume you mean Wahhabism and not the Japanese hot sauce you alluded to earlier.

Very well, if Wahhabism is not Islam, what is it?

You are saying Wahhabism is a problem, aren't you?

So what is it then? Is it an ideology? Why can this ideology of Wahhabism be a problem, but the ideology of Islam can not?

sandorski @ Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:57 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
andyt andyt:

When you say, "this shit", I'm going to assume you mean Wahhabism and not the Japanese hot sauce you alluded to earlier.

So what is it then? Is it an ideology? Why can this ideology of Wahhabism be a problem, but the ideology of Islam can not?

It is a Subset of Islam, but not Islam itself.

andyt @ Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:00 am

Yes, but I also meant the bullshit that's playing out where it's obvious that SA is promoting jihad around the world yet the West keeps sucking their dick. So the subset of Islam is a factor being used to cause strife, but there is a reason why, and why we don't do anything about it, just keep pretending it's only about the jihadis. Ie jihadism is not a cause but a result of a deeper cause. I know looking at root causes is anathema, but there seems to be something pushing this that goes deeper than religion, and that the West is complicit in.

N_Fiddledog @ Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:05 am

sandorski sandorski:

I see. But I don't hear you denying that this subset is responsible for what Andy calls "the shit."

And it is an ideology, of course. So an ideology can be thought of as responsible for "the shit" then, correct?

So here's an interesting thing about Wahhabism. I've heard it said there is a doctrine in Wahhabism of "three pillars - One Ruler, One Authority, One Mosque."

But ISIS claims fealty to Abu Bakr Baghdadi. With the Wahhabis it's the House of Saud. After that their ideological inspiration draws from the same source. So would ISIS be kind of a subset of a subset then? Two parallel ways of thinking, drawing from the same master source?

Wikipedia has an entry titled "Iran and state-sponsored terrorism." So this suggests Iran can also be responsible for "the shit." But Iran is Shia. Wahhabis are Sunni. They refer to Shia as Takfir, or unbelievers. But we've both agreed "the shit" can be ideologically sourced.

So then, we've established the fact that a finger can be pointed at ideology for "the shit". Sandy tells us an ideology can form subsets. Very well, is their one main ideological source that can connect all theses subsets, I wonder. Let's think about that. Hmmm...

sandorski @ Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:27 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
sandorski sandorski:

I see. But I don't hear you denying that this subset is responsible for what Andy calls "the shit."

And it is an ideology, of course. So an ideology can be thought of as responsible for "the shit" then, correct?

So here's an interesting thing about Wahhabism. I've heard it said there is a doctrine in Wahhabism of "three pillars - One Ruler, One Authority, One Mosque."

But ISIS claims fealty to Abu Bakr Baghdadi. With the Wahhabis it's the House of Saud. After that their ideological inspiration draws from the same source. So would ISIS be kind of a subset of a subset then? Two parallel ways of thinking, drawing from the same master source?

Wikipedia has an entry titled "Iran and state-sponsored terrorism." So this suggests Iran can also be responsible for "the shit." But Iran is Shia. Wahhabis are Sunni. They refer to Shia as Takfir, or unbelievers. But we've both agreed "the shit" can be ideologically sourced.

So then, we've established the fact that a finger can be pointed at ideology for "the shit". Sandy tells us an ideology can form subsets. Very well, is their one main ideological source that can connect all theses subsets, I wonder. Let's think about that. Hmmm...

Prepared to use the same "Reasoning" elsewhere?

BartSimpson @ Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:27 am

sandorski sandorski:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
andyt andyt:

While Wahhabism is a movement within Sunni Islam it is not a schism of Sunni Islam given that there is not one single Sunni-issued fatwa declaring Wahhabism to be heretical or apostate.

Therefore it is Islam.

N_Fiddledog @ Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:31 am

sandorski sandorski:

Explain.

sandorski @ Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:21 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
sandorski sandorski:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

While Wahhabism is a movement within Sunni Islam it is not a schism of Sunni Islam given that there is not one single Sunni-issued fatwa declaring Wahhabism to be heretical or apostate.

Therefore it is Islam.

No. Doesn't matter if it's a schism or not. It is clearly part of a schism.

sandorski @ Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:23 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
sandorski sandorski:

Explain.

If the Westboro Baptist Church is part of Christianity, then obviously the Westboro Baptist Church is Christianity. By your argument.

BartSimpson @ Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:58 am

sandorski sandorski:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
sandorski sandorski:
(Wahhabism) is a Subset of Islam, but not Islam itself.

Therefore it is Islam.

No. Doesn't matter if it's a schism or not. It is clearly part of a schism.

The best counter to your willful ignorance is from a 'mainstream' and liberal Sunni Muslim:

$1:
Do not fall victim to the false propaganda that Wahhabism doesn't represent Islam. It so does.

Wahhabis don't refer to themselves as such. They call themselves Muslims.

Abdul-wahhab, "founder" of Wahhabism, didn't come up with his own rules. Rather, he called to monotheism and skipping "schools of thoughts" by going directly to the Hadith and Quran.

In other words, it's pure Islam. Barebones Islam. Puritan Islam. Doesn't get more "Islam" than this.

That's it. Wahhabism - monotheism plus direct use of Quran and Hadith. In other words, purist Islam. Or Islam as it should be.

Don't tel Islamist apologist mislead you. Many Muslims criticize Wahhabism because it's barbaric, and I agree. Muslims don't want to deal with the reality of the barbarism of Islam.

1  2  Next