Title: Soldiers awarded US$134 million in suit against Omar Khadr
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2015-07-02 15:41:14
Canadian

martin14 @ Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Good.

xerxes @ Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:58 pm

In a way. I doubt he's rolling in that kind of cash.

BeaverFever @ Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:15 pm

In other news, the descendants of the Viet Cong also owe US Veterans billions of dollars.

Any Japanese pilot attacking Pearl Harbour who was fired on by a "non-combatant" is welcome to also sue Us servicemen.

/end sarcasm

2Cdo @ Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:27 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
In other news, the descendants of the Viet Cong also owe US Veterans billions of dollars.

Any Japanese pilot attacking Pearl Harbour who was fired on by a "non-combatant" is welcome to also sue Us servicemen.

/end sarcasm

Why did I KNOW you would come to your little pets defence. :roll:

QBall @ Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:53 am

$1:
Salt Lake City lawyer Laura Tanner said this week that collecting the award from 28-year-old Omar Khadr could be a challenge, but she's looking for a Canadian law firm to help begin the process.

I don't know of too many law firms that are going to leap at the opportunity to waste time trying to collect a ludicrous amount of money from someone who a) is in prison and b) has never worked a day in his life.

2Cdo @ Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:55 am

QBall QBall:
$1:
Salt Lake City lawyer Laura Tanner said this week that collecting the award from 28-year-old Omar Khadr could be a challenge, but she's looking for a Canadian law firm to help begin the process.

a) is in prison and b) has never worked a day in his life.

I thought he got released?

andyt @ Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:32 am

I think this is to forestall any possible money Khadr is awarded from the Canadian govt.

QBall @ Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:47 am

Apparently he's out on bail so my statement he's in jail was off. Maybe if his lawsuit has a chance of success against the Canadian government this may cause the lawyers up here to become more interested in helping the Yanks get their money.

BRAH @ Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:58 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:

/end sarcasm

Why did I KNOW you would come to your little pets defence. :roll:

You were expecting him to hold Terrorist Omar Khadr accountable for his actions? 8O

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:15 am

andyt andyt:
I think this is to forestall any possible money Khadr is awarded from the Canadian govt.

Bingo!

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:20 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

/end sarcasm
And in further news, the pussified leftists of Canada have determined that any German's still alive who fought during WW2 in the "Milk Bottle Brigades" that were captured and held as POWs deserve to be awarded millions.

BeaverFever @ Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:59 am

You calling 2Cdo a pussified leftist?

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:42 am

xerxes xerxes:
In a way. I doubt he's rolling in that kind of cash.

What's a book and movie deal worth, I wonder? Who would get the dough in Kahdr's case? I think it may be a little different than say Holmolka's

Also, isn't there a possibility Khadr might benefit from a lawsuit of his own.

Also, after he's finished with the facade of living with his Progressive lawyer, Muslim Brotherhoody type organizations like NCCM, ISNA, or MAC may come calling with deals. There's a possibility he may have value as a representative. Lots of Wahhabi money still floating around.

If I was one of his victims I'd sue too, just to make sure he didn't find a way to benefit from the misfortunes of my family

Unsound @ Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:47 am

Still has not been explained to my satisfaction why throwing a grenade at people who are shooting at you in a war zone is a crime.

Don't get why it's so hard for you people to understand that no one objects to the stuff out of warm feelings for Khadr. There's some very important principals at stake here. Can the Canadian government just arbitrarily decide which citizens it will treat like citizens and which will be abandoned to the mercies of a foreign government?

But I suppose it's easier to just chant "terrorist lover" over and over again instead of defending your own position.

1  2  3  Next