Newsbot @ Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:36 pm

Title: Oakville mayor sorry for tweets comparing veterans to Nazis, mercenaries
Category: Military
Posted By: llama66
Date: 2015-08-29 17:13:55
Canadian

Freakinoldguy @ Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:36 pm

Wow. 8O

I have no words to describe my contempt for this piece of Crap. Despite political differences even Veterans are allowed to support whatever party they so desire and this line of thinking should be more attune to people commenting on the CBC comments section than a duly elected official.

Hopefully his constituent's turf his sorry Goodwining ass out of office in the next election.

fifeboy @ Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:51 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Wow. 8O

I have no words to describe my contempt for this piece of Crap. Despite political differences even Veterans are allowed to support whatever party they so desire and this line of thinking should be more attune to people commenting on the CBC comments section than a duly elected official.

Hopefully his constituent's turf his sorry Goodwining ass out of office in the next election.

I agree and one would hope he is turfed in his next election! However, one question. Why the picture with JT? Did JT (who I don't support) condone what he said? If he did I missed it in the article. If not than the Sun is a more miserable sack of shit than even I ever suspected!

Jabberwalker @ Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:35 am

I live in Oakville and this is the first that I have heard of it. I deeply dislike the mayor, though. I watched him use a neighbourhood association (I was in his neighbourhood at the time) to railroad and generally humiliate a a nice, seniour citizen couple who objected to having a stop sign put on their front lawn. The man is a bully.

He is also an unabashedly Liberal Party partisan and he uses his office to perpetuate that line ( to deaf ears, for the most par). He is also the proprietor if the TV cable channel YTV. I can't wait for the next November 11th. Oakville attracts thousands to the cenotaph and he will be roundly booed, if he had the balls to show up.

He's also a Yank, BTW.

ccga3359 @ Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:31 am

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
I live in Oakville and this is the first that I have heard of it. I deeply dislike the mayor, though. I watched him use a neighbourhood association (I was in his neighbourhood at the time) to railroad and generally humiliate a a nice, seniour citizen couple who objected to having a stop sign put on their front lawn. The man is a bully.

He is also an unabashedly Liberal Party partisan and he uses his office to perpetuate that line ( to deaf ears, for the most par). He is also the proprietor if the TV cable channel YTV. I can't wait for the next November 11th. Oakville attracts thousands to the cenotaph and he will be roundly booed, if he had the balls to show up.

He's also a Yank, BTW.

I wish Cllr. Fred Oliver were still around. He would've ripped a strip or to off of him.

Does anyone have a link to the offensive tweet?

CountLothian @ Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:23 am

ccga3359 ccga3359:

i have a link to the sun article , the only one using the word Nazi was Jason Kenny.

if i'm wrong please tell me.

i think he used comparisons and linked to wiki to describe how he felt about security being used.

i'm not defending the man, but it has turned ugly.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/29/oakville-mayors-tweet-criticizing-private-security-for-pm-stirs-up-twitter-controversy

Freakinoldguy @ Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:42 pm

CountLothian CountLothian:
ccga3359 ccga3359:

i have a link to the sun article , the only one using the word Nazi was Jason Kenny.

if i'm wrong please tell me.

i think he used comparisons and linked to wiki to describe how he felt about security being used.

i'm not defending the man, but it has turned ugly.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/08/29/oakville-mayors-tweet-criticizing-private-security-for-pm-stirs-up-twitter-controversy

Wow this guy is nothing more than a walking talking anti Conservative, pro Liberal Advertising Campaign who would appear to be using his position as Mayor to further a personal political agenda that in all likelihood is diametrically opposed to what some of his voters believe. 8O

https://twitter.com/OakvilleMayor?ref_s ... r%5Eauthor

I'm sure somewhere in all that nauseating partisan rhetoric you can find the offensive tweet unless of course he's deleted it but, I just spent 20 minutes making myself sick reading his ass kissing, bag licking tweets about Mr. Trudeau and the Liberal party so, I'm out.

This statement should make his position on the Conservatives using Commissionaires for security quite clear.

$1:
“Any political parties had private police using veterans before?” Burton tweeted Friday night, including links to Wikipedia articles on Adolf Hitler’s Brownshirts and Benito Mussolini’s Blackshirts. “Any others?

Any political parties had private police using veterans before? 1) https://t.co/5l9Ww0EcdW 2) https://t.co/EarLpbWIlS Any others?

Click on the link if you don't think he was comparing the Conservatives to the Nazi's?

CountLothian @ Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Click on the link if you don't think he was comparing the Conservatives to the Nazi's?

He never used the word nazi,and i'm not backing the guy up.

But Jason Kenny did and thats just Godwin's law creeping into one of our government minister's tweets.

FinnyTheDog @ Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:47 pm

He didn't use the word Nazi, he linked to it

Oakville mayor in Twitter uproar for comparing Harper security to Nazi militias

http://globalnews.ca/news/2192684/oakvi ... -militias/

$1:
Any political parties had private police using veterans before? 1) https://t.co/5l9Ww0EcdW
2) https://t.co/EarLpbWIlS

Any others?

— Rob Burton (@OakvilleMayor) August 29, 2015

Link 1

The Milizia Volontaria per la Sicurezza Nazionale (MVSN, "Voluntary Militia for National Security"), commonly called the Blackshirts (Italian: camicie nere, CCNN) or squadristi, was originally the paramilitary wing of the National Fascist Party and, after 1923, an all-volunteer militia of the Kingdom of Italy

Link 2

The Sturmabteilung (SA; German pronunciation: [ˈʃtʊɐ̯mʔapˌtaɪlʊŋ] ( listen); meaning Storm Detachment or Assault Division) in Nazi Germany, functioned as the original paramilitary wing of the Nazi Party. It played a significant key role in Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1920s and 1930s. Their primary purposes were providing protection for Nazi rallies
and assemblies, disrupting the meetings of opposing parties, fighting against the paramilitary units of the opposing parties, especially the Red Front Fighters League of the German Communist Party (KPD), and intimidating Slavic and Romani citizens,
unionists, and Jews - for instance, during the Nazi boycott of Jewish businesses.

Jabberwalker @ Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:57 pm

The man is a flaming asshole. I have met with him several times, over the last twenty years. If you think that the press is presenting him in a bad light .... Sorry, no.

He is a classic narcissist, bully and clearly very out of touch with the people of Oakville. His face and disgrace are splashed all over the front page of one of the bigger Toronto newspapers (Sun). I know this town. He will not be re-elected. There is an inordinately large population of ex-servicemen, here for a few reasons. The Army Central Command used to be in Oakville until the Trudeau long knives and a fair piece if the local population grewup here a base brats, then later stayed ( It's a realy nice town).

I was one of about 120 musicians performing classical music at an event last May. The Mayor opened it up with a weird, rambling an disconnected speech that left us looking at each other wondering what the hell he was on. Perhaps he was pissed when he made his Tweet. Anyway, he has apologised , figures that's enough and is willing us to move on.

Anyway, there I a movement afoot callng for his resignation. He might a well. He just let of a cliff.

ccga3359 @ Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:03 pm

The man is a flaming asshole. I have met with him several times, over the last twenty years. If you think that the press is presenting him in a bad light .... Sorry, no.

He is a classic narcissist, bully and clearly very out of touch with the people of Oakville. His face and disgrace are splashed all over the front page of one of the bigger Toronto newspapers (Sun). I know this town. He will not be re-elected. There is an inordinately large population of ex-servicemen, here for a few reasons. The Army Central Command used to be in Oakville until the Trudeau long knives and a fair piece if the local population grewup here a base brats, then later stayed ( It's a realy nice town)

That would explain the military housing off of Rebecca St. I never knew that, I couldn't figure out why it was there as there aren't any CFB's anywhere close. And yes Oakville is a great town.

Jabberwalker @ Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:21 pm

ccga3359 ccga3359:

He is a classic narcissist, bully and clearly very out of touch with the people of Oakville. His face and disgrace are splashed all over the front page of one of the bigger Toronto newspapers (Sun). I know this town. He will not be re-elected. There is an inordinately large population of ex-servicemen, here for a few reasons. The Army Central Command used to be in Oakville until the Trudeau long knives and a fair piece if the local population grewup here a base brats, then later stayed ( It's a realy nice town)

That would explain the military housing off of Rebecca St. I never knew that, I couldn't figure out why it was there as there aren't any CFB's anywhere close. And yes Oakville is a great town.

Kerr Street runs ight up he middle if the old base. The boxy, mass produced housing radiating off of along both sides of Kerr were wartime housing for Defence employees. There is a complex of ex DND admin buildings along the Eastern side of the street above Rebecca that looks like a school campus is now a training centre and hostel for he mentally disabled. If you walk along Bond Street at the southern limit of the campus, you will clearly see the Royal Canaadian Army shield ( crossed swords and mapleaf) on the side of one of the buildings. The park across the road (Westwood) was a helicopter landng field. There is another group of DND buildings that survives just on the north edge of downtown. It is a seniors home called Trafalgar Village now at the corner of Trafalgar, Randall.

Trivia:Rob Burton has been the Santa Claus on the float in the parade for the last handful of years. My son rode the float a few years ago and there he was, no doubt about it. The fathers with kids on the float walked long behind, spread out across the street and all of us wearing shades. We joked that we looked like Santa's Secret Service detail. I didn't realize it until now. Maybe, because I was previously in the Navy, thst made me some sort of jack-booted Nazi elf guarding Santa.

Freakinoldguy @ Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:42 pm

But Jason Kenny did and thats just Godwin's law creeping into one of our government minister's tweets.

Semantics, nothing more. I could compare Pierre Trudeau to Hitler by simply
asking what other world leaders have invoked Marshall Law and then posting links like this online.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_Fire_Decree

No need to come right out and claim Trudeau was a Nazi because, by connecting the two disparate yet somewhat similar decrees I just made the connection in peoples minds, even if that connection is held by an extremely tenuous thread.

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:13 pm

Semantics, nothing more. I could compare Pierre Trudeau to Hitler by simply
asking what other world leaders have invoked Marshall Law and then posting links like this online.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_Fire_Decree

No need to come right out and claim Trudeau was a Nazi because, by connecting the two disparate yet somewhat similar decrees I just made the connection in peoples minds, even if that connection is held by an extremely tenuous thread.

Now now, Count Cuckhold doesn't like it when you use logic and/or facts. Logic and facts have no place in his fairly tale world where anyone who doesn't suck his dick in agreement with his inane ramblings is obviously a beer swilling, Fox News watching, Harper loving, ultra right-wing Conservative.