Cute Manitoba-made campers make a comeback

Newsbot @ Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:09 pm

Title: Cute Manitoba-made campers make a comeback
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2017-08-21 20:44:08
Canadian

Strutz @ Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:09 pm

My ex-husband and I had a Boler many years ago. Actually, our honeymoon was a 10 day camping trip, mostly spent on the Oregon coast, using it. It was pretty funny that in every campground we stayed at we were always the littlest trailer there but honestly, it suited our needs quite well.

The refurbished one in the picture in the article looks a hell of a lot better than ours did although I wouldn't go with yellow. :lol:

herbie @ Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:55 pm

Douchebag in town did about $300 worth of yardwork for $500 for an old lady that had one and suggested she give it to him instead.
She told me she "knew" it was worth $1000 but she couldn't be bothered to list it.
Douchebag had it on Kijiji for $6000 next day....

DrCaleb @ Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:01 am

I considered one after reading the article. Would be an easy hook up to pull behind my car trailer on trips to Washington state or Gimli. :)

Better than risking bedbugs in a ratty motel!

herbie @ Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:15 am

Haven't put a hitch on my Wrangler yet because they don't even make a little trailer like the Boler that costs less then the Wrangler did!
Have the 2 door model, only rated for 1000 lbs. Years ago I had a 24 footer and a Bronco and that thing could sway dangerously. Ditched them cuz it was cheaper to stay in motels and eat out than pay for the gas.

BartSimpson @ Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:54 pm

My father bought a rip-off version of this camper that was made in California. We had it about a year before he sold it off but that one year was probably the best year of my entire childhood. We camped at Yosemite, Mount Shasta, Yellowstone, and Monterey.

Best fucking year of my whole childhood. [B-o]

herbie @ Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:21 pm

Wife won't tent it at all, haven't gone camping in 25 years. All she does is bitch at every hotel or motel we stay at's shortcomings. Kids in apartments, relatives now all in condos...
Hunted for a year for something suitable for the Jeep and concluded a used motorhome towing the thing was cheaper than it towing a trailer! But then she threw a shitfit and we dropped $60K on home renos and she wants even more.

DrCaleb @ Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:47 am

herbie herbie:
Wife won't tent it at all, haven't gone camping in 25 years. All she does is bitch at every hotel or motel we stay at's shortcomings. Kids in apartments, relatives now all in condos...
Hunted for a year for something suitable for the Jeep and concluded a used motorhome towing the thing was cheaper than it towing a trailer! But then she threw a shitfit and we dropped $60K on home renos and she wants even more.

The way I see it, I'm too old and have enough disposable income that I don't have to tent, even if I am camping. Cabelas sells some awesome canvas tents, with outdoor stoves and army type cots and incredible -60c sleeping bags, such that I could happily camp in comfort outdoors even in winter.

This little camper, as a second trailer behind my race cars, would easily fit when I go out of province to races. With a slight suspension adjustment, it would be a pretty good off road trailer too, being so light. :)