How you can see 5 planets in one night, no telescope require

Newsbot @ Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:50 am

Title: How you can see 5 planets in one night, no telescope required
Category: World
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2018-07-13 14:09:37
Canadian

Hyack @ Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:50 am

WOW.......I just had a look see to the Southeast and there was Mars shining a bright red, it definitely looks like the angry red planet. Well worth staying up a wee bit late to have a look at it.....

DrCaleb @ Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:54 am

Hyack Hyack:
WOW.......I just had a look see to the Southeast and there was Mars shining a bright red, it definitely looks like the angry red planet. Well worth staying up a wee bit late to have a look at it.....

I recall it back in 2003 when it was the closest in 60k years. You could almost make out it was a planet, not just a red dot.

Well worth a look.

xerxes @ Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:31 am

Yeah, Mars has been amazingly red and easy to spot in the night sky. It’s easy to see why it was named for the ancient gods of war.

Hyack @ Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:18 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Hyack Hyack:

I recall it back in 2003 when it was the closest in 60k years. You could almost make out it was a planet, not just a red dot.

Well worth a look.

Remember that myself, you could see it hanging just above the western horizon while sitting in our lunchroom at about 10:00pm.