Canada Kicks Ass
A&W sold out of its new plant-based burger all across Canada

1  2  3  Next

Newsbot @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:19 am

Title: A&W sold out of its new plant-based burger all across Canada in a matter of weeks
Category: Business
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2018-09-18 08:05:25
Canadian

Robair @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:19 am

I wanted to try one, but yea, sold out...

Thanos @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:21 am

Really hoping for a Soylent Green scenario here. It's not made from kelp, it's made from people! :twisted:

Robair @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:23 am

Dude... :|

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:32 am

Robair Robair:
Dude... :|

He just gets dark sometimes. :/

Robair Robair:
I wanted to try one, but yea, sold out...

In a typical media screw up, they reported incorrect information about a very large study that showed if you replace your carb intake calories with meat protein and calories, you don't live as long. But what they failed to report is the same study showed if you replace your carb calories with veggie protein and calories, you live much longer.

I wanted to try one too. I liked A&W burgers. Been a while.

Coach85 @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:40 am

Gross. I’ll just take regular beef.

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:52 am

Coach85 Coach85:
Gross. I’ll just take regular beef.

You wouldn't like the onion rings then. They are 100% vegetable too.

herbie @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:56 am

Vegan daughter wanted me to try one, said they were first veggie thing that actually left a 'meaty blood taste' and put her off a little. Her normal bf said they were pretty good.

Robair @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:40 am

I've heard good reviews from carnivores that I know.

Really wanted to try one but all out.

They cook them on the same greasy grill as the meat burgers though... so it could be due to meat fat getting on the veggie patties....

herbie @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:14 pm

They're not supposed to.
Supposedly the beet juice is what makes the 'blood'.
And A&W states they'll be back Oct 1st

It's about time for vegetarian/vegan/gluten free basics become a required compnent in cooking classes. I have celiac friends that have gotten sick because some idiot chef cooked on the same grill or used a contaminated utensil. Or the immigrant/rookie server just nods her head yayaya when given instructions and forgets five feet from the table...

llama66 @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Really hoping for a Soylent Green scenario here. It's not made from kelp, it's made from people! :twisted:

Oh Gawd. Now I want two.

raydan @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:13 pm

If you don't want to eat meat, why do want something that tastes, bleeds and looks like meat? [huh]

Robair @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:24 pm

herbie herbie:
They're not supposed to.
Supposedly the beet juice is what makes the 'blood'.

$1:
Beyond Meat Burger patties are cooked on the same grill as beef, bacon, and eggs and may come into contact with these ingredients.

link

Freakinoldguy @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:51 pm

Thanos Thanos:

I'm pretty sure that's already Mickey D's. [B-o]

Freakinoldguy @ Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:52 pm

raydan raydan:
If you don't want to eat meat, why do want something that tastes, bleeds and looks like meat? [huh]

R=UP

Well said.

1  2  3  Next