Canada Kicks Ass
Toronto company offers cash to �cannabis connoisseurs� to smoke marijuana

1  2  Next

Newsbot @ Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:52 am

Title: Toronto company offers cash to �cannabis connoisseurs� to smoke marijuana
Category: Health
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2018-09-20 06:39:49
Canadian

DrCaleb @ Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:52 am

Here you go T, new job opportunity. Send your resume now!

Pay isn't great, but the benefit package is really high.

raydan @ Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:28 am

Seems I'm not enough of a connoisseur. :(

DrCaleb @ Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:40 am

raydan raydan:
Seems I'm not enough of a connoisseur. :(

Didn't know you were in to it. :(

Just knew Thanos needs a new career.

raydan @ Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:55 am

The last time I tried it was 15 years ago with my ex GF at a party we were hosting.
The others found us fast asleep on the couch. :lol:

This stuff is way too strong now for my tastes.

DrCaleb @ Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:19 pm

raydan raydan:

I hear you there. I haven't tried it in more than 30 years.

Although, I might try an edible when they become legal. If I can get the buzz I get from a bottle or two of wine, without the consequences, it might be nice once in a while.

From what I glean, edibles are the best way to get a measured amount.

peck420 @ Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:52 pm

[popcorn]

I think I wanna see where this convo goes...

Freakinoldguy @ Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:30 pm

I suppose it was inevitable. :roll: Distillery's and Breweries do it so this is just more of the same.

But, given the claims about medical marijuana's healing, health benefits and use as drug can you imagine the furor if Purdue Pharma went looking for oxycontin connoisseurs. ROTFL

herbie @ Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:51 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
raydan raydan:

I hear you there. I haven't tried it in more than 30 years.

Although, I might try an edible when they become legal. If I can get the buzz I get from a bottle or two of wine, without the consequences, it might be nice once in a while.

From what I glean, edibles are the best way to get a measured amount.

You sound like me. However, I rediscovered a cookie I put in the freezer to try when I had the urge three summers ago.
Most likely I'll go into a legal store, buy something and give it to my daughter just because I finally can do it legally.

rickc @ Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:30 pm

The problem with edibles is that it takes to long for the effects to kick in. You can eat one and still feel nothing after an hour. Then you make the fatal mistake of eating more. Next thing you know you are super stoned. The kind of stoned where you are not having any fun at all. The kind of stoned where you think that you may be the first person in recorded history to die from an overdose of weed. The kind of stoned that lasts all day long. I would not recommend edibles for first time users, or anyone who has anything to do or anywhere to go for the next 8 hours.

Vape pens are the way to go. Instant results. They don't stink the place up. You could use it in a crowded bar and no one would know its cannabis. Its better for your lungs. No ash or by products of combustion. Lower temps as well. Take one hit and wait 20 minutes to see where you are and where you want to go. Its easier to stay in your limits that way. Once you decide on a vape brand you know and like, you know what to expect. The THC and CBD levels are a lot more consistent with the vape cartridges than regular weed. Yoy science! [B-o]

herbie @ Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:31 pm

$1:
The problem with edibles is that it takes to long for the effects to kick in. You can eat one and still feel nothing after an hour. Then you make the fatal mistake of eating more

Except for most of us who figured that out when we were 14....
I don't know what the hate on is for vaping. Sounds too much like the goodie two shoes have just added it because it's something new and makes them feel like their scapegoats are 'getting away with something"...
Anything that COULD help people stop smoking tobacco has been ruled out, small packs of cigs, flavoured tobacco, 3/4 of cigarillos and the quit options hidden even more than tobacco. Goddam Superstore hides the patches and gum away on weekends when the pharmacist isn't there, SaveOn doesn't carry them at all, stores that sell smokes aren't even required to carry them at all, FFS I may have to try quitting by subbing dope cuz it's easier to get than Nicorettes :D

DrCaleb @ Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:47 am

rickc rickc:
The problem with edibles is that it takes to long for the effects to kick in. You can eat one and still feel nothing after an hour. Then you make the fatal mistake of eating more. Next thing you know you are super stoned. The kind of stoned where you are not having any fun at all. The kind of stoned where you think that you may be the first person in recorded history to die from an overdose of weed. The kind of stoned that lasts all day long. I would not recommend edibles for first time users, or anyone who has anything to do or anywhere to go for the next 8 hours.

That's kind of the point though. You plan ahead. Just like you can't make a good meal and have a couple good/great bottles of wine and have a buzz instantly. It takes planning.

From what I've read too, edibles are the way to get the most potency from the product. Although, I have been directed in the direction of oils, so I'll look at that as well.

rickc rickc:
Vape pens are the way to go. Instant results. They don't stink the place up. You could use it in a crowded bar and no one would know its cannabis. Its better for your lungs. No ash or by products of combustion. Lower temps as well. Take one hit and wait 20 minutes to see where you are and where you want to go. Its easier to stay in your limits that way. Once you decide on a vape brand you know and like, you know what to expect. The THC and CBD levels are a lot more consistent with the vape cartridges than regular weed. Yoy science! [B-o]

For me, I am trying to avoid inhaling it. As a long time tobacco smoker, who has been quit a long time as well; I don't want to re-trigger that habit. I could see smoking it or vaping it as a way to get back into the tobacco habit.

Because there are times, sitting out on the porch listening to some blues, watching the sun set after a good meal with a good glass of whisky, that I really miss a good pipe. 8)

PublicAnimalNo9 @ Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:19 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
I suppose it was inevitable. :roll: Distillery's and Breweries do it so this is just more of the same.

But, given the claims about medical marijuana's healing, health benefits and use as drug can you imagine the furor if Purdue Pharma went looking for oxycontin connoisseurs. ROTFL
Oxycontin kills. But there are different varieties of weed. I've had weed that literally blew my doors off. But I've also had weed that acted like an analgesic. Shit was amazeballs. It had the same painkilling qualities as an opioid with none of the nasty side-effects or addiction factor.

Freakinoldguy @ Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:35 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

Oxycontin kills. But there are different varieties of weed. I've had weed that literally blew my doors off. But I've also had weed that acted like an analgesic. Shit was amazeballs. It had the same painkilling qualities as an opioid with none of the nasty side-effects or addiction factor.

Opioids don't kill, opioid abuse kills. If you're in genuine pain you aren't going to become an addict because you get no "pleasure" from it's use you only get relief.

$1:
2. Myth: Everyone gets addicted to pain drugs if they take them long enough.
Reality: "The vast majority of people, when prescribed these medications, use them correctly without developing addiction," says Marvin Seppala, MD, chief medical officer at the Hazelden Foundation, an addiction treatment center in Center City, Minn.

https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/f ... -7-myths#2

But if you're making the claim that marijuana isn't addictive. I've got some bad news for you it may not be "as" addictive for recreational users as the opiods but once again if you're using it for pleasure you can become addicted just like anything else.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20365112

But, I'm glad it worked for you as an analgesic because that's the main objective of pain management be it opioids or cannabis.

BTW I'm currently taking cannabis oil in the recommended dosage of 1 part THC to 20 parts CBD for my arthritis and it doesn't work worth shit. I'm up to what they consider the highest single dose at a time. But, because I only take it prior to going to bed, when I spoke to the the "supplier" their phone reps gave me their two solutions. Either buy the much more expensive product to try out with no guarantee it'll work or just take much more of what I'm taking now. :roll:

When I explained to some woman about the lack of effect of their product I was told to take it 3 time a day and when I asked if I'd test positive for impaired driving if I did what she suggested, there was a deadly silence on the other end of the phone.

So, for people who think the commercial marijuana growers are better than the pharmaceutical companies, give your head a shake because neither one of them has your best interest at heart. But like I said before. Can you imagine the uproar if a pharmaceutical company told you to take more oxycontin because the current dosage wasn't working well but with a drug that's never been properly tested nobody seems to care. [huh]

Miracle drug or snake oil. I think it will depend on the individuals reaction to it because like any drug people react differently. But until it's fully and properly tested I'm going to withhold judgement on it's benefits.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/cannabis ... -1.4786864

rickc @ Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:45 am

I have not found anything as effective as weed for insomnia. I do not know how or why but a few years ago I became an insomniac. I would feel tired and go to bed. It would feel like I had been in bed for hours and I would look at the clock to find that only 30 minutes had passed. I would get up and be posting online while drinking bourbon and coke. I would stay up until 2:00 am when I had to be up by 5:00 am. I was tired all the time. I looked like a vampire during the day. I was either wide awake all night, or having horrible dreams if I did fall asleep. My body was tired, but my mind would not stop racing. Tossing and turning all night or horrible dreams if I did fall asleep. Booze was not helping. All it did was make me gain weight and edit my posts the next day. Booze makes me drunk and angry when I over consume. It did not slow down my overactive brain when it was time to sleep. I can take a couple of hits of weed and I am out like a light. If I do have dreams, they are pleasant. I do not wake up in cold sweats wondering if what I was dreaming was real. When I wake up, I do not have a hangover like I did with booze. I feel refreshed like I have not felt in years.

1  2  Next