Canada Kicks Ass
Thought 007 could never be a woman or black' Well, she's bot

1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  Next

Newsbot @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Title: Thought 007 could never be a woman or black' Well, she's both!
Category: Showbiz
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-07-15 01:14:28

Dragontail69 @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Well - I guess we will see how it does in the box office. No idea who she is does not really look like an action star.

stratos @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:05 pm

So in other words the title is right but she is not playing the role as "James Bond" she is just playing as the new 007 who replaces bond. Will be interesting, I might not go to the theater to watch it. Hardly do go anymore. RedBox has spoiled me.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:28 pm

So apparently a black woman just has to be the new 007 to show the world that EON and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios are really diverse and forward thinking. But a question. How do they explain the sudden vacancy in MI6's numbering system and if the British Gov't had any decency they'd have retired Bonds number after 57 years of loyal and unwavering service to the Crown?

I'm also pretty sure nobody would have had a problem with her being a different number but was a Female Bond but that would have meant that they wouldn't have been able to use the franchise to sell their product.

But what the hell, why do the logical thing when you can take a whole franchise down with you because of your hubris. Not to worry though, I'm sure if this one bombs they redeem themselves by remaking Casablanca with a hairy 6' tall tutu wearing trans gendered dude name Warren playing Ilsa.

Tricks @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Why the assumption she or the movie will be bad FOG?

BartSimpson @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:45 pm

Tricks Tricks:

Ghostbusters 2016.

Tricks @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:50 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Tricks Tricks:

Ghostbusters 2016.

So a movie that consists of a different director, producers, writers, source material, actors, music, cinematography, editing, production company, and distributor is the reason this movie will be bad?

BartSimpson @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:51 pm

Tricks Tricks:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Tricks Tricks:

Ghostbusters 2016.

So a movie that consists of a different director, producers, writers, source material, actors, music, cinematography, editing, production company, and distributor is the reason this movie will be bad?

It's part of the genre of 'reimagining' beloved characters. While some of these efforts turn out well (Captain Marvel) most of them don't.

Tricks @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:07 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
It's part of the genre of 'reimagining' beloved characters. While some of these efforts turn out well (Captain Marvel) most of them don't.

Bond is re-imagined every time a new actor comes on board. Daniel Craig is a very different Bond than Connery or Brosnan was. Lets save the outrage until we see if it's good or not for fucks sake.

Re-imagined characters aren't bad by default. Spider man into the spider verse had Miles Morales as a new Spider-man (along with several other variations), and it's probably the best Spider-man movie ever made, and potentially the best animated movie ever made. It's part of why people 10 years ago wanted Donald Glover to play Spider-man. Elementary has a female Watson, and it's a decent enough procedural drama.

Also Captain Marvel wasn't really re-imagined. But it's ironic you mention it, since Lynch was in that movie.

Why can't Lashana Lynch be just as beloved as Craig or Connery? Also, she's not playing Bond, so they aren't re-imagining jack shit. She's a new character.

BartSimpson @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Just did some reading about Bond #25.

In the movie Daniel Craig will be playing Bond but he will have retired and the 007 designation will have passed to the new girl who will not play Bond but instead a new character who may not survive the film.

That would be acceptable and maybe it'll work out. Hopefully the new movie is better than the forgettable 'Spectre'.

bootlegga @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Who is Lashana Lynch?

If you want to change things up for 007, at least use an A-lister, not some virtual unknown.

BartSimpson @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:22 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Who is Lashana Lynch?

If you want to change things up for 007, at least use an A-lister, not some virtual unknown.

She's going to be a 007 but she will not be Bond.

Bond will be played by another British guy for the 26th film. They're not going to retire Bond and then ask people to go see the new spy.

llama66 @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:04 pm

If they wanted to mix it up, I was hoping for Idris Elba

N_Fiddledog @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Dragontail69 Dragontail69:
Well - I guess we will see how it does in the box office. No idea who she is does not really look like an action star.

Best guess is it will do all right, but less faith in what follows.

It will get a lot of free advertising from the controversy and it's riding in a strong, historical, franchise's wake.

I think it will follow the Last Jedi, Doctor Who, Captain Marvel model. The Franchise is strong enough to bring people in to see what it's about but I wouldn't expect traditional fans to buy into following series or movies.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:50 pm

Tricks Tricks:

Past history of gender swapping for the sake of being politically correct.

Here's just a couple of it's great successes. Ghost Busters, Oceans Eight, The New Karate Kid, American Psycho II, Overboard.

If Hollywood can't think of anything better than destroying legacies and franchises to further women roles in film then they're as bad if not worse than the twisted assholes in their industry that use their power to denigrate and rape women at will.

This whole gender altering craze is nothing more than a smoke screen designed to make the studios and the male players that run the place look inclusive and woke when the reality is something totally different.

1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  Next