Canada Kicks Ass
Bianca Andreescu makes history, to play Serena Williams in U

1  2  Next

Newsbot @ Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Title: Bianca Andreescu makes history, to play Serena Williams in U.S. Open final
Category: Sports
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2019-09-06 00:08:23
Canadian

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Won't that be something if our teenage, Canadian, tennis girl finds a way to beat the superwoman, legend of tennis - Serena Williams.

I know I'll be watching at 1 o'clock tomorrow afternoon. Should be TSN.

BartSimpson @ Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:58 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Won't that be something if our teenage, Canadian, tennis girl finds a way to beat the superwoman, legend of tennis - Serena Williams.

I'm rooting for Canada!!! :rock: :rock: [flag] [flag]

raydan @ Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:06 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

She already beat her once.

N_Fiddledog @ Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:19 pm

Was that the time after Serena's comeback from pregnancy when she bowed out due to illness?

Bianca was pretty classy there as I remember. She went over to Serena and told her how she understood and how Serena had always been her idol and was the greatest player ever. Something like that anyway.

Strutz @ Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:32 am

I'm looking forward to the game today. :rock:

I've never really paid much attention to pro tennis before but I have been watching Bianca's matches. Regardless of the outcome of the final she has made a name for herself and is sure to have a successful career ahead. She is a very classy and talented player.

N_Fiddledog @ Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:18 pm

The American smart-guy experts when they switch from Canadian broadcasters to Americans are telling us Bianca doesn't have a chance.

Crossing my fingers. Muttering 'Be wrong American smart-guys. Be wrong."

Starting any minute.

raydan @ Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:03 pm

That was good... congrats to the first Canadian major winner. [cheer]

Question: Who's the cute blonde with the white top and no bra in Bianca's box? :?

CDN_PATRIOT @ Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:04 pm

SHE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

American Media: "Serena is the best, Serena is unbeatable, Serena will easily win the U.S. Open...."

Bianca Andreescu: "HOLD MY BEER!"

[flag] [flag] [flag]

-J.

N_Fiddledog @ Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:09 pm

[cheer] [cheer] [cheer]

N_Fiddledog @ Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:13 pm

I was thinking of Bianca as being a big girl but standing next to Serena she looks like a midget.

Bianca kissing the cup will be a front page pic on papers across the country in the morning papers.

3.85 million dollars. Holy Smokes!

Strutz @ Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:10 pm

That was awesome! :rock:

We went to our neighborhood pub to watch along with many others (actually I was surprised by how many people there were watching) and it was a blast to all be cheering together for every point. I sure didn't think it would be over as quickly as it was.

What a classy and humble gal Bianca is and she earned and deserved the win against Serena, who was an idol of hers and had so many years of success.

Mowich @ Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Quite the accomplishment for a 19-year-old young lady who started the season in the 152nd position.......and will finish it in 5th. Absolutely outstanding. Many congratulations to Bianca. :rock:

xerxes @ Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:04 pm

Yay Bianca! She played a damn good game of tennis. Serena was obviously not at her best but that doesn’t take anything away from Bianca. If she stays healthy she has a bright future ahead of her.

N_Fiddledog @ Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:18 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Bianca kissing the cup will be a front page pic on papers across the country in the morning papers.

1  2  Next