Canada Kicks Ass
Legault calls for end to CN strike, citing propane 'emergenc

REPLY

1  2  Next



Newsbot @ Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:26 am

Title: Legault calls for end to CN strike, citing propane 'emergency'
Category: Business
Posted By: Martin15
Date: 2019-11-22 08:23:49

   



Martin15 @ Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:26 am

Bastards Eastern Dark Freezing yeah something like that. :lol:

   



DrCaleb @ Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:36 am

It's too bad there wasn't an underutilized gas pipeline we could use to send them some propane.

   



uwish @ Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:16 am

the irony is jut too good to pass up

   



herbie @ Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:38 am

Striking workers call bullshit. Jason Kenney calls logic: there's these pipeline things....

   



uwish @ Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:10 pm

I say let them run out and suffer just long enough to really comprehend what BS they are claiming and how life would be without hydrocarbons.

   



Freakinoldguy @ Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:47 pm

uwish wrote:
I say let them run out and suffer just long enough to really comprehend what BS they are claiming and how life would be without hydrocarbons.


R=UP

   



BartSimpson @ Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:07 pm

DrCaleb wrote:
It's too bad there wasn't an underutilized gas pipeline we could use to send them some propane.


There would be except for Fuck Alberta.

   



DrCaleb @ Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:25 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
DrCaleb wrote:
It's too bad there wasn't an underutilized gas pipeline we could use to send them some propane.


There would be except for Fuck Alberta.


There is, because there was talk of reversing the flow of it and using it to ship Bitumen to New Brunswick to be refined for use in Quebec. But Quebec vetoed it. So . . . let them reap what they sowed.

   



Mowich @ Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:23 am

I could understand a small rural town possibly finding themselves with only 5 days of propane in the tanks but an entire province? This has to be one of the best examples of emergency preparedness in Canada./s
No big deal though as it's only the farmers who put food on the table that are in the lurch and really who gives a hoot about them when the majority of citizens are kept nice and cozy with their natural gas heaters.

   



DrCaleb @ Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:29 am

Mowich wrote:
I could understand a small rural town possibly finding themselves with only 5 days of propane in the tanks but an entire province? This has to be one of the best examples of emergency preparedness in Canada./s
No big deal though as it's only the farmers who put food on the table that are in the lurch and really who gives a hoot about them when the majority of citizens are kept nice and cozy with their natural gas heaters.


This is called 'capitalism', or 'just in time delivery'. It eliminates the need for expensive propane storage infrastructure, because rail cars will deliver propane exactly when it is needed. Until they don't.

   



Robair @ Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:03 am

Mowich wrote:
I could understand a small rural town possibly finding themselves with only 5 days of propane in the tanks but an entire province? This has to be one of the best examples of emergency preparedness in Canada./s


I can heat my house with natural gas, electricity or wood.





Because I'm paranoid? Prepared?

   



DrCaleb @ Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:37 am

Quote:
Pembina Pipeline comes to Quebec's rescue with propane shipments

Pembina Pipeline Corp. is stepping up to ease a looming propane shortage in eastern Canada sparked by a railway stoppage, striking a chord for national unity at the same time as east-west tensions grow.

Calgary-based Pembina plans to ship propane to parts of Canada, including Quebec, in a bid to help “fellow Canadians.” The pipeline operator is preparing unit trains, made up of 105 cars, with propane sourced from western Canada, the company said in a statement late Sunday.

“We believe the provinces can work together in the spirit of unity to secure a safe, reliable and long-term supply of energy from each other, rather than from foreign countries who do not share Canadian values,” it said in its release. “The best question is: why would we not?” said Chief Executive Officer Michael Dilger

. . .

Pembina’s helping hand comes as the nation’s separatist movement is gaining ground in western Canada. Albertans have become increasingly frustrated with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as Canadian crude oil prices slump, strained by pipeline bottlenecks and the exodus of multinational companies.



https://calgaryherald.com/commodities/e ... 31295f0768

   



CDN_PATRIOT @ Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:31 am

Shouldn't the feds be reconvening early to end the strike? I always thought that CN Rail was considered an essential service. You'd think this would be a priority for a minority government that could use some brownie points. But then, look who's in charge....

:idea:

-J.

   



Thanos @ Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:59 am

DrCaleb wrote:
Quote:
Pembina Pipeline comes to Quebec's rescue with propane shipments

Pembina Pipeline Corp. is stepping up to ease a looming propane shortage in eastern Canada sparked by a railway stoppage, striking a chord for national unity at the same time as east-west tensions grow.

Calgary-based Pembina plans to ship propane to parts of Canada, including Quebec, in a bid to help “fellow Canadians.” The pipeline operator is preparing unit trains, made up of 105 cars, with propane sourced from western Canada, the company said in a statement late Sunday.

“We believe the provinces can work together in the spirit of unity to secure a safe, reliable and long-term supply of energy from each other, rather than from foreign countries who do not share Canadian values,” it said in its release. “The best question is: why would we not?” said Chief Executive Officer Michael Dilger

. . .

Pembina’s helping hand comes as the nation’s separatist movement is gaining ground in western Canada. Albertans have become increasingly frustrated with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as Canadian crude oil prices slump, strained by pipeline bottlenecks and the exodus of multinational companies.



https://calgaryherald.com/commodities/e ... 31295f0768


Won't mean a thing to any of them. :|

   



REPLY

1  2  Next