Canada Kicks Ass
Microsoft Edge Is Proving To Be A Nasty Surprise For Many Af

1  2  Next

Newsbot @ Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:03 pm

Title: Microsoft Edge Is Proving To Be A Nasty Surprise For Many After Their PC Updates Windows 10
Category: Tech
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2020-07-06 06:30:20
Canadian

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:03 pm

I've got it on my desktop and if it upgraded i never noticed but as far as the you have to set it up thing. Well yes and no. The setup screen came up but it had a box at the bottom that said "setup now" and one that said "later". So, since I don't use it I just hit the "later" box and carried on.

I don't know how often it'll pop up but if hitting a box saying later is a life altering experience that some people can't handle they should really get a life and quit bitching because there's considerably more shit going down that's worth fighting about than an occasional popup.

xerxes @ Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:31 pm

Exactly. Edge has been there since the last big Windows update. It's mildly annoying for two minutes then it's gone and you don't have to use it ever again.

herbie @ Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:26 pm

The nasty surprise is it works better than the old one did but didn't fucking totally delete Internet Explorer like it should have.

Thanos @ Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:43 pm

Would doing a manual delete of IE help it run better?

herbie @ Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:37 pm

To this day, at least once a week I see a system with Windows 10 where they're using IE as the default browser. Almost as often as people ask me to fix Chrome because it doesn't start with Google as the home page....
but you know how choosing beggars are. They get something free and then they whine about all the effort they went through to get rid of it because it's just too hard to not use it.

Thanos @ Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:44 pm

My computer hates Google for some reason. I had to delete it altogether because it was causing too many slowdowns. I only use Google now for Gmail and the sign-in for YouTube. I actually sort of like Edge in general, mostly because IMO the superior search engine is Bing, especially for searches of *ahem* the hotties. They did piss me off with the new version of Edge though. It refuses to save passwords. The previous one allowed a full delete of history without clearing the password field. Now, with the new one, I have to log back in to all sites the next day, including CKA, if I've shut the computer off at night. Don't like this new method, it's annoying.

xerxes @ Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:45 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Would doing a manual delete of IE help it run better?

You can't. It's part of the Windows DNA.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:24 pm

herbie herbie:
To this day, at least once a week I see a system with Windows 10 where they're using IE as the default browser. Almost as often as people ask me to fix Chrome because it doesn't start with Google as the home page....
but you know how choosing beggars are. They get something free and then they whine about all the effort they went through to get rid of it because it's just too hard to not use it.

Do you get alot of Shaw customers bitching about Yahoo becoming the default web browser after every major McAfee security update? It happens to me continually and it's a bit of a pain in the ass having to go into Google settings, browsers and reset the default browser to Google. I've tried removing Yahoo but McAfee must put it back in every update.

First world problems. XD

Tricks @ Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:39 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
herbie herbie:

Do you get alot of Shaw customers bitching about Yahoo becoming the default web browser after every major McAfee security update? It happens to me continually and it's a bit of a pain in the ass having to go into Google settings, browsers and reset the default browser to Google. I've tried removing Yahoo but McAfee must put it back in every update.

First world problems. XD

Don't use Mcafee?

Tricks @ Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:42 pm

Thanos Thanos:
My computer hates Google for some reason. I had to delete it altogether because it was causing too many slowdowns. I only use Google now for Gmail and the sign-in for YouTube. I actually sort of like Edge in general, mostly because IMO the superior search engine is Bing, especially for searches of *ahem* the hotties. They did piss me off with the new version of Edge though. It refuses to save passwords. The previous one allowed a full delete of history without clearing the password field. Now, with the new one, I have to log back in to all sites the next day, including CKA, if I've shut the computer off at night. Don't like this new method, it's annoying.

control + shift + delete and deselect passwords after scrolling down.

Though, you shouldn't be saving passwords in browsers anyways, but if you wanted to, that will prevent them from being removed when you clear cache/history.

Thanos @ Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:52 pm

I do that through Settings. What I meant is that even when I leave that passwords box unchecked and do a history delete I still have to re-enter the passwords later for all my usual sites. The only time it seems to want to save them is if I stay online constantly, like from morning to late at night. If I shut the computer down at the end of the day I have to do the passwords again when I open Edge up for another session.

DrCaleb @ Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:18 am

xerxes xerxes:
Exactly. Edge has been there since the last big Windows update. It's mildly annoying for two minutes then it's gone and you don't have to use it ever again.

The update this article is talking about is happening now. You may not have recieved it yet.

PluggyRug @ Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:52 am

Tricks Tricks:

Don't use Mcafee?

Exactly. There's a tool to completely remove McaFee.

DrCaleb @ Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:21 am

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Tricks Tricks:

Don't use Mcafee?

Exactly. There's a tool to completely remove McaFee.

Called Fedora Linux. ;)

1  2  Next