Canada Kicks Ass
Favourite and best guitarist?

1  2  3  Next

lions_40 @ Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:22 pm

OK so, I was just wondering, who do you guys think is the best guitarist ever, and who is your favourite guitarist? I would say that the best ever is Jumi Hendrix of course, he was so far ahead of his time that it is very hard not to pick him. My personal favourite would be Eric Claption. I think he is underrated and he is probably up there with Hendrix for influential guitarists. Also, he was half canadian :wink:. So what are your guys' thoughts?

IkeaMan @ Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:31 pm

lions_40 lions_40:
OK so, I was just wondering, who do you guys think is the best guitarist ever, and who is your favourite guitarist? I would say that the best ever is Jumi Hendrix of course, he was so far ahead of his time that it is very hard not to pick him. My personal favourite would be Eric Claption. I think he is underrated and he is probably up there with Hendrix for influential guitarists. Also, he was half canadian :wink:. So what are your guys' thoughts?

Many to pick from....how about Paul McCartney?

Geed @ Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:43 pm

sdfklslgdslkdlkdg

Blue_Nose @ Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:43 pm

Paul McCartney isn't exactly known for playing the guitar... he played bass with the Beatles.

I'm going to have to go with Pat Metheny...

xerxes @ Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:56 pm

If I had a list of top favourites it would be:

Hendrix
Eddie van Halen
Eric Clapton
and Tom Morello

Ripcat @ Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:23 am

Jimmy Page
Jeff Beck
Joe Satriani
Peter Frampton

To name a few.

Oh, and Randy Rhodes!!!

Robair @ Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:18 am

When I was a kid I wanted to be Joe Perry! When I first started messing with the guitar...

Anyway, guys that inspire the heck out of me

Blues: Eric Clapton and SRV

ROCK: Dimebag, Zack Wylde, Angus... ...never was a big Hendrix fan, or Zepplin for that matter. I like listening to Eddie Van Halen play!

But when I play the guitar, I sound the most like Bobby Baker and Paul Langlois, I think. Might have something to do with all the Hip I listen too....

phiscott @ Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:20 am

Randy Rhodes, Slash, Angus Young, Eric Clapton, Kirk Hammet...there's so many

Robair @ Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:24 am

Duh, forgot Slash... put him under my rock section too.

Blue_Nose @ Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:28 am

My first vote was for a jazz artist, so since we're categorizing, for rock, I'll go with Steve Morse from Yes.... listen to "Mood for a Day" from Yessongs (or the original from Fragile)....

lions_40 @ Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:29 pm

I really like Pete Townshend and Brian May, dont think anybody has mentioned those two. Also Carlos Santana is an amazing guitarist.

canuckns @ Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:55 pm

Joe Satriani
Jimmy Page
Stevie Ray Vaughan

canadian1971 @ Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:56 pm

Finally someone says Stevie Ray...hands down imho.

canuckns @ Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:58 pm

canadian1971 canadian1971:
Finally someone says Stevie Ray...hands down imho.

Hellz yeah. I can't believe he didn't make the first post.

Ripcat @ Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:00 pm

Robair mentioned him. (SRV)

Anyways there are lots of great guitarists so its tough to pin a champ title on any of them.

1  2  3  Next