Canada Kicks Ass
Jian Ghomeshi received emails from woman after alleged attac

1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  Next

Newsbot @ Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:34 pm

Title: Jian Ghomeshi received emails from woman after alleged attack, court hears
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: ShepherdsDog
Date: 2016-02-02 15:32:21
Canadian

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:34 pm

There seems to be some credibility issues with the complainant.

andyt @ Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Well, she says she was trying to trick him into confessing. I'm guessing these women didn't just walk out and leave the first time he tried something like this because he was cute (he drove a yellow VW beetle, this apparently made him trustworthy) charming and most importantly famous.

But I seriously doubt he obtained clear consent from these women before punching them in the face or choking them, etc. And even if he did, he is one sick fark.

xerxes @ Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Still though. This does undermine the Crown's case. One wonders if they knew this before this witness took the stand.

andyt @ Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:57 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Still though. This does undermine the Crown's case. One wonders if they knew this before this witness took the stand.

CBC just saying it was a surprise, and that the witness claimed she just recently remembered the e-mail. Lots of her saying her memory is fuzzy, while in interviews on CBC she was very clear about what happened.

martin14 @ Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:42 pm

xerxes xerxes:

No, because checking your 'sent' folder is just too much work.

I didn't.

I didn't.

I didn't.

Oh I was trying to trick him.

Like it doesn't count or something. :wink:

andyt @ Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:41 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/j ... -1.3432233

And another witness bites the dust. She was kissing and cuddling with him after he punched her in the face and choked her because "she was trying to normalize the situation." What a lot of bullshit.

And still he's a puke for what he likes to do to women. I don't believe he asked for permission, but because he was famous and could help heir careers they were willing to put up with it. Until they could get more attention for claiming assault.

ShepherdsDog @ Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:24 pm

And we wonder why so many women were turned on by 50 shades..... :?

Thanos @ Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:29 pm

I'll keep in mind that a good defense lawyer, and Ghomeshi has more than enough money to afford one of the best, can make anyone look like a liar. Hopefully the judge/jury can see through that. No excuse if the prosecution dropped the ball though with not prepping in advance which they had more than enough time to do. Looks terrible on them if they didn't know any of this in advance and the little weasel ends up walking because of it.

martin14 @ Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:48 pm

Thanos Thanos:
I'll keep in mind that a good defense lawyer, and Ghomeshi has more than enough money to afford one of the best, can make anyone look like a liar. Hopefully the judge/jury can see through that. No excuse if the prosecution dropped the ball though with not prepping in advance which they had more than enough time to do. Looks terrible on them if they didn't know any of this in advance and the little weasel ends up walking because of it.

Sorry, but the defense lawyer didn't fire up the email after the fact.

Defense lawyer didn't go kissing/cuddling and continue meeting him after the fact.

There isn't much to see through, those things happened.

If the Crown didn't know about these after the event contact from the women,
they are incompetent.

If they knew and decided to go to trial anyway, this is just a witch hunt.

stratos @ Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 am

$1:
If the Crown didn't know about these after the event contact from the women,they are incompetent.

Or she lied to them over and over.

martin14 @ Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:09 am

stratos stratos:
$1:
If the Crown didn't know about these after the event contact from the women,they are incompetent.

Or they lied to them over and over.

FTFY

stratos @ Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:30 am

[B-o]

Brenda @ Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:06 am

Kissing and cuddling still does not mean they want sex...
No is no, even when there is already intercourse. Stop is stop...

peck420 @ Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:23 am

Brenda Brenda:
Kissing and cuddling still does not mean they want sex...
No is no, even when there is already intercourse. Stop is stop...

The problem is that the kissing and cuddling occurred after the alleged assault and, that the witness told the prosecution/investigators that there was no interaction after the alleged assault.

Not really a question of whether or not no means no, more a question of witness credibility and/or prosecution ineptitude.

The really really sad part, is that regardless of his guilt or innocence, having two of the accuser's affidavits found faulty, the entire case could potentially be lost.

If I was involved, I would be having a very 'calm' conversation with the prosecution team. They just don't appear to be doing their due diligence.

1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  Next