Canada Kicks Ass
The Radiant Abyss of the Nihilist Right-Wing

Previous  1 ... 58  59  60  61  62

BartSimpson @ Thu May 21, 2020 10:17 am

raydan raydan:
Nobody has ever asked me who I voted for in any job interview.

I had it happen once and did not get the job. Not much I could have done about it either.

xerxes @ Thu May 21, 2020 10:18 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
raydan raydan:

I had it happen once and did not get the job. Not much I could have done about it either.

Probably for the best.

raydan @ Thu May 21, 2020 10:20 am

I wouldn't answer the question.

BartSimpson @ Thu May 21, 2020 10:42 am

xerxes xerxes:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
raydan raydan:

Probably for the best.

True. I doubt I would have liked the job.

Thanos @ Thu May 21, 2020 12:08 pm

The job itself would have been fine. The hateful people you would have ended up working for would have been pure shit to deal with if that's the kind of way they're behaving during an interview. Wise old welder told me one day, when I was having a bad time with some of the "leadership", that there was nothing wrong with the place or the job, just with the ones who somehow ended up in charge. Works out that way everywhere. :|

Zipperfish @ Thu May 21, 2020 3:13 pm

People don't quit their job; they quit their boss.

BeaverFever @ Thu May 21, 2020 5:28 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
xerxes xerxes:
This is naked corruption.

But, but, but it's Trump's right to hire and fire AGs! So if Pompeo or McConnel ask him to replace AGs that are investigating them with friends, it's perfectly legal.

/s

I'm irritated that these Obama appointees were not removed after Trump took office. He needs to clean house just like Obama did when Obama took office.

He’s not an “Obama appointee”. He was an IG under Bush in a different department and tHen transferred to State under Obama. Which also proves your second claim about Obama “cleaning house” is also bullshit.

herbie @ Thu May 21, 2020 7:46 pm

It's called "draining the swamp".
So only the scum is left...

DrCaleb @ Mon May 25, 2020 8:10 am

$1:
Leaked Senate Talking Points Say Internet Surveillance Warrants Would Force FBI to Let Terrorists Bomb Things

Requiring federal agents to have “probable cause” to eavesdrop on the internet activities of American citizens poses a direct threat to national security and would force the FBI to stand by while terrorist plots unfold on U.S. soil, according to a leaked copy of talking points distributed to Senate lawmakers this month.

The talking points, which were distributed by the Senate Judiciary Committee, according to a spokesperson for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, seek to provide a communications guide for promoting an amendment floated by McConnell this year that would have expanded the U.S. Justice Department’s use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

The document was circulated on Capitol Hill ahead of a Senate vote this month to reinstate three key FBI surveillance authorities under the USA FREEDOM Authorization Act, including Section 215 of the Patriot Act, which expired March 15.

The Daily Beast first reported on the McConnell amendment on May 11. A draft being circulated in the Senate reportedly contained an “alarming expansion of Attorney General Bill Barr’s powers under FISA” and “explicitly permits” the warrantless collection of Americans’ internet search and browser data by the FBI.

https://gizmodo.com/leaked-senate-talki ... 1843612179

DrCaleb @ Wed May 27, 2020 8:57 am

$1:
Local News Stations Run Propaganda Segment Scripted and Produced by Amazon

Local news stations across the U.S. aired a segment produced and scripted by Amazon which touts the company's role in delivering essential groceries and cleaning products during the COVID-19 pandemic, and its ability to do so while "keeping its employees safe and healthy."

The segment, which was aired by at least 11 local TV stations, and which was introduced with a script written by Amazon and recited verbatim by news anchors, presents a fawning picture of Amazon, which has struggled to deliver essential items during the pandemic, support the sellers that rely on its platform, and provide its workers with the necessary protective equipment. Each anchor introduces the script then throws to an Amazon-produced look "inside" an Amazon fulfillment center, which is narrated by Amazon spokesperson Todd Walker:

"Millions of Americans staying at home are relying on amazon to deliver essentials like groceries and cleaning products during the COVID-19 outbreak.

For the first time we're getting a glimpse *inside* Amazon's fulfillment centers to see just how the company is keeping its employees safe and healthy.. While delivering packages to your doorstep.

Todd Walker takes us inside."

The segment features interviews with Amazon employees who profess to be dedicated to their job.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/4ayv ... -by-amazon

DrCaleb @ Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:19 am

$1:
U.S. Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana law regulating abortion clinics

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday struck down a Louisiana law regulating abortion clinics, reasserting a commitment to abortion rights over fierce opposition from dissenting conservative justices in the first big abortion case of the Trump era.

Chief Justice John Roberts joined with his four more liberal colleagues in ruling that the law requiring doctors who perform abortions have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals violates the abortion right the court first announced in the landmark Roe v. Wade decision in 1973.

In two previous abortion cases, Roberts had favoured restrictions.

The Louisiana law is virtually identical to one in Texas that the court struck down in 2016.

"The result in this case is controlled by our decision four years ago invalidating a nearly identical Texas law," Roberts wrote, although he did not join the opinion written by Justice Stephen Breyer for the other liberals.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/u-s-supre ... -1.5631137

Previous  1 ... 58  59  60  61  62