Canada Kicks Ass
Saskatchewan, what you think about it?

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9 ... 13  Next

Tman1 @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:19 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
PJB PJB:
Ruez...Why is that? What makes BC appear so attractive? Granted it is a beautiful province but, now I hate to say this as it may appear racist, it is being Asianized...Now is that even a word. It is becoming the second far east.
I suppose in some communities like Richmond there is a higher percentage of Asians, I stay away from the lower mainland though. The only reason I can honestly think of for people to be attracted to BC is the milder weather. In the Okanagan the last few years it wasn't unusual to go two months in the summer with temperatures close to 30 degrees. I dislike BC because the influx of people has driven the house prices up to where a starter used home costs you 250-300k. I can't understand why in a province the size of BC we have the prices we do. BC is beautiful but if you ever want to own a home and you don't want to pay 2k or more per month for a mortgage it's best to move elsewhere.

Isn't BC governed by Liberals?

In anycase, what is the current GST/PST rate in BC. I know Sask has reduced its PST.

RUEZ @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:21 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
P.S. I hear Regina is beautiful...
I'm sure he'll be flattered you think so.

Tman1 @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:22 pm

:lol:

RUEZ @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:23 pm

Tman1 Tman1:

In anycase, what is the current GST/PST rate in BC. I know Sask has reduced its PST.
The BC Liberals are more like conservatives, and the PST rate is 6.5%.

Tman1 @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:24 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Tman1 Tman1:

Sask PST is at 5% now so perhaps it might be a small diffrentiation from BC. :wink:

RUEZ @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:27 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Tman1 Tman1:

Sask PST is at 5% now so perhaps it might be a small diffrentiation from BC. :wink:
You don't have to sell me, I'm applying for every job that I see there. I'm mostly attracted by the cheaper housing though.

PJB @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:28 pm

Arctic Menace...I take it you have never been to Regina...I has a park that is larger than Central Park in New York and water that tastes like the East River. It is a city that should not exist...Impossible to get lost because all you have to do is drive either East/West or North/South and you leave it in half an hour. LMAO

The PST in SK is currently, I think 6%...But...Our power rates have gone up and our energy (natural gas) rates are going up.

We have these wonderful crown corporations that tend to increase their rates realitively easily but have a helluva time reducing them.

The love to increase rates when it comes time for the next provincial budget so the government of the day can cook the books and balance the budget.

Tman1 @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:30 pm

It's 5% not 6%.

RUEZ @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:31 pm

PJB PJB:
Arctic Menace...I take it you have never been to Regina...I has a park that is larger than Central Park in New York and water that tastes like the East River. It is a city that should not exist...Impossible to get lost because all you have to do is drive either East/West or North/South and you leave it in half an hour. LMAO

The PST in SK is currently, I think 6%...But...Our power rates have gone up and our energy (natural gas) rates are going up.

We have these wonderful crown corporations that tend to increase their rates realitively easily but have a helluva time reducing them.

The love to increase rates when it comes time for the next provincial budget so the government of the day can cook the books and balance the budget.
So are you a Saskatchewan party supporter? Looks like there is going to be an election pretty quick too right?

PJB @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:31 pm

Ruez...You will also notice a big decrease in your auto insurance rates. SGI is pretty good for keeping rates low and, we are actually getting a rebate this year. The one thing I would recommend is that you get an additional private policy on your vehicle that brings your deductible down. Currently the basic deductible is 600 dollar and with a SRE you can buy it down to 100 dollars.

PJB @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:32 pm

Ruez...I am an anyone but NDP supporter...lol

Tman1 @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:33 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Tman1 Tman1:

I thought it was 7%?

I don't know much about housing costs or affordable housing but I do know that housing is booming in Saskatoon. That is a good thing right?

PJB @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:33 pm

Thanks Tman...I really wasn't that sure

RUEZ @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:35 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Tman1 Tman1:

I thought it was 7%?

I don't know much about housing costs or affordable housing but I do know that housing is booming in Saskatoon. That is a good thing right?
Damn you're right, shit it used to be 6.5.

PJB @ Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:35 pm

Tman...Housing is booming all over Saskatchewan, But then again RTM's are booming in SK too because they are being moved to Alberta

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9 ... 13  Next