Canada Kicks Ass
'No one should face this abuse': Rape threats about Poilievr

Newsbot @ Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:07 am

Title: 'No one should face this abuse': Rape threats about Poilievre's wife referred to RCMP | National Post
Category: Political
Posted By: Scape
Date: 2022-09-26 13:15:02
Canadian

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:07 am

Strutz @ Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:28 am

I said it in another thread that it is deplorable that there are people who resort to personal threats against politicians and their families. I can't imagine having that much hate within.

bootlegga @ Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:47 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Yeah, it's hard to feel sorry for PeePee when he sicked his followers on reporter Rachel Gilmore this summer, who received very similar threats from some of the same people who threatened his wife.

I definitely don't agree with this kind of abuse, but the saying "Live by the sword, die by the sword" comes to mind here.

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:55 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
I definitely don't agree with this kind of abuse, but the saying "Live by the sword, die by the sword" comes to mind here.

Yup. Catherine McKenna, Maryam Monsef, . . . it's a long list of people the far right targeted. Can't feel sad for them now that the farther right they created turns on them.

Thanos @ Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:43 pm

Pretty sure that most of PeePee's fans & followers were absolutely ecstatic when the deputy PM got cornered in that elevator earlier this summer by the Grand Prairie Braveheart who kept screaming "c**T!" right in her face. So fuck them on their faux outrage when some whackjob, who is either one of them (in good standing with the rest of them) or one of their contemporaries in Maxime Bernier's camp, unloads and shows not only his true personal nature but the true character of the entire freedumb movement.

Interesting though that the righties are keeping fairly quiet about what Mackenzie said. They're probably trying to figure out a way to condemn him without pissing off his rabid listeners & followers, given that those kinds of people are a bedrock of the conservative base now. If it'd been a leftie who'd said the same things the Rebel "News" would have about six articles per day about it for the next four months.

DrCaleb @ Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:58 pm

At least Pollivre managed to condemn that incident with Freeland. Good on him for that.

Scape @ Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:07 pm

PP is like the guy who has a pack of untrained Rottweilers in his back yard. Thinks it's cool and make him look powerful and intimidating but when they get off leash and maul the kid next door he has to put them down.

I'm just joking of course right...:roll:

xerxes @ Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:10 pm

Pierre Poilievre asks extremist group to go back to threatening other peoples’ families

$1:

OTTAWA – Opposition Leader Pierre Poilievre took to social media today to decry the far-right extremist group Diagolon’s threats against his wife, noting that it’s totally cool for Canada’s growing conservative extremists to threaten other peoples’ families, but something altogether different when it’s his own.

The leader of the federal Conservatives made these comments after the group’s leader Jeremy McKenzie took a break from appearing in photographs with Mr Polievre to record a podcast where he suggested sexual violence against Mr Polevre’s wife, Anaida.

“No family should face these sorts of threats,” said Mr Poilievre about the group who, without complaint from him or his office, has threatened black families, gay families, Muslim families, transgendered families, liberal families, city-dwelling families, and families that wear masks in public over the past months.

Mr Poilievre then went on to add “It’s one thing when these people spend a month making the downtown of our capital city unlivable, or issuing violent sexual threats against female journalists, as I don’t really care what happens to my political enemies. But issuing those same threats against my wife? That’s when I go from hanging out with you in coffee shops, to sending strongly-worded tweets!”

“It’s not the threats of violence themselves that are the problem,” an aide to Mr Poilievre said anonymously. “You want to sexually threaten a woman walking because she’s walking down the street wearing a hijab? Power to you, that’s the Canada we both believe in. What we’re asking is that you just not also do it to us.”

When asked whether it was at all hypocritical to care about the group’s history of abuse now, and not earlier in their year-long spree of political intimidation and threats, Mr. Poilievre had a rationale tied to his own political outlook.

“I’m a family values Conservative,” Poilievre explained, his glasses fogging from the heat of his angry little breaths. “This means that I only value my family, and not anyone else’s.”

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2022/09/pierre-poilievre-asks-extremist-group-to-go-back-to-threatening-other-peoples-families/

JaredMilne @ Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:33 pm

These kinds of threats have zero place in politics, whether it be against Ana Poilievre, Chrystia Freeland, any journalist you can name, or activists like Nora Loreto.

The people who make these kinds of threats are usually compensating for an undersized package somewhere anyway.

Scape @ Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:45 pm

They NEVER had a place in politics until they were invited in. That Pandora's box was opened long ago PP just has his attack dogs come home to roost.

He was Harper's attack dog, now the dogs are biting him. In order for civil discourse to be restored in needs to be done publicly and evenly. Just joking, I was drinking isn't going to fly going forward, there needs to be jail time for terrorists.

herbie @ Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:18 pm

$1:
These kinds of threats have zero place in politics

except against Trump. I mean the guy's not just a walking dartboard when he opens his mouth it attracts darts like nails to a magnet :twisted:

bootlegga @ Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:26 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
At least Pollivre managed to condemn that incident with Freeland. Good on him for that.

I'd argue that he condemned it - he basically much said, "Yeah, it was bad, but look at all the mean attacks on me."

He turned what should have been a condemnation into a 'Woe is me' moment.

Thanos @ Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:51 pm

And there's no indication that he and the party will stop courting any of the various Proud Boy-type of dipshits either. Or even make the basic connection that these idiots were at the very heart of the trucker convoy PeePee used as an image multiplier to boost himself to the leadership of the CPC. Look at me, Canada! Look at me! I'm front & center doing photo-ops with the very people who all came off their meds simultaneously for their journey to Ottawa, who got all their information on COVID from Alex Jones, Donald Trump, and Dr. Oz, and who took a piss on the National War Memorial! Watch us all fight for your FREEDUMB from, I dunno, a functioning health care system! Yay me!