Canada Kicks Ass
3 military aircraft from Spokane sent to Montana following d

1  2  3  4  Next

Newsbot @ Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:16 am

Title: 3 military aircraft from Spokane sent to Montana following discovery of possible Chinese spy balloon
Category: Strange
Posted By: Scape
Date: 2023-02-03 00:14:46

Scape @ Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:16 am

DrCaleb @ Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:53 am

Nothing burger. Their LEO satellites likely have more capability.

bootlegga @ Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:32 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

The only way this thing is a threat is if it carried some sort of EMP device, but even then, a balloon is the worst type of delivery vehicle for an EMP weapon.

And despite all the pearl clutching Republicans/Conservatives are doing right now, I guarantee you that NORAD knew about this days ago, and checked it out well before it got to North America.

DrCaleb @ Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:45 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

The only way this thing is a threat is if it carried some sort of EMP device, but even then, a balloon is the worst type of delivery vehicle for an EMP weapon.

And despite all the pearl clutching Republicans/Conservatives are doing right now, I guarantee you that NORAD knew about this days ago, and checked it out well before it got to North America.

Weather balloons are not really steerable. And every weather service launches a weather balloon twice day from ~100 locations worldwide.

One balloon isn't a big deal. Now, China claims it is a weather balloon. But China isn't the most reliable with what they tell the world, but even if it is a super secret spy balloon it's pretty lame.

bootlegga @ Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:50 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Weather balloons are not really steerable. And every weather service launches a weather balloon twice day from ~100 locations worldwide.

One balloon isn't a big deal. Now, China claims it is a weather balloon. But China isn't the most reliable with what they tell the world, but even if it is a super secret spy balloon it's pretty lame.

Exactly my point that a balloon would be a terrible delivery device, because it's not controllable really.

Let's not forget that Japan tried bombing North America with fire balloons during World War 2, and that wasn't successful for the same reason:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fu-Go_balloon_bomb

Strutz @ Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:21 am

Marjorie Taylor Greene calls on Biden to shoot down Chinese spy balloon, says Trump would have done it already

$1:
"President Trump would have never tolerated this. President Trump would have never tolerated many things happening to America."
Ummm... that would be former President

$1:
The official also said that the situation was not unique — the US has tracked such balloons before under other administrations, he said, leaving open the possibility that this had also happened under the Trump administration.
You would think weather balloons were a new thing the way the way they're going on about it.

bootlegga bootlegga:

Exactly!

xerxes @ Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:48 pm

It is literally, a trial balloon.

DrCaleb @ Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:54 pm

Seems deflated. I don't think it will float.

MeganC @ Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:16 pm

For once the US air forces says something is a weather balloon and they're right! :lol:

Strutz @ Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:11 pm

For once? [huh]

DrCaleb @ Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:56 pm

Strutz Strutz:
For once? [huh]

UFO's. Roswell. ;)

Strutz @ Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:35 am

U.S. considering plan to down Chinese balloon over Atlantic

Strutz @ Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:03 pm

All is ok now it's been taken care of...

U.S. downs Chinese balloon, a flashpoint in U.S.-China tensions

$1:
On Saturday, Ashlyn Preaux, 33, went out to get her mail in Forestbrook, South Carolina, and noticed her neighbors looking up - and there it was, the balloon in the cloudless blue sky. Then she saw fighter jets circling and the balloon get hit.

“I did not anticipate waking up to be in a `Top Gun' movie today,” she said.

:lol: Oh, the drama!

DrCaleb @ Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:35 pm

That's why they spend so much on defence. To keep them safe from evil balloons.

1  2  3  4  Next