Canada Kicks Ass
Alberta premier out-polls even her own party in latest poll

bootlegga @ Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:47 am

$1:
CALGARY — If there was any doubt Alison Redford is basking in the glow of a political honeymoon, a new poll suggests Alberta’s 14th premier is even more popular than her party.

The Angus Reid Public Opinion poll of 802 Albertans conducted Oct. 17 to 19, provided exclusively to the Calgary Herald, also found that 44 per cent of decided or leaning voters would cast a ballot for Redford’s party, the governing Progressive Conservatives, if a provincial election were held today.

The Wildrose party led by Danielle Smith is in second place with 22 per cent support, the Alberta Liberals headed by Raj Sherman have 16 per cent support, but are followed closely by Brian Mason’s NDP at 13 per cent. The newly formed Alberta Party, led by Glenn Taylor, holds two per cent support.

But Redford has upwards momentum: she’s the party leader who the most Albertans (42 per cent) say they have a better opinion of than they did three months ago. Personally, she has a 55 per cent approval rating.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Alber ... story.html

dino_bobba_renno @ Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:04 am

It's not hard to have high polling numbers when you haven't done anything. If you would have asked those same 800 people who were polled about Alison Redford 3 months ago I bet they probably wouldn't even have known who she was. Time will tell if she's any good.

Bruce_the_vii @ Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:17 am

working from memory I can recall that one new BC leader had record high poll while the party had record low poll. I can't recall any detail but I remember making a joke of it and getting lots of laughs.

Freakinoldguy @ Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Bruce_the_vii Bruce_the_vii:
working from memory I can recall that one new BC leader had record high poll while the party had record low poll. I can't recall any detail but I remember making a joke of it and getting lots of laughs.

That might have been the queen of the marionettes, Christie Clark. She polled high when she first was given the mantle of the "chosen one" by BC Liberals, even though her predecessor King Gordon had driven his parties fortunes farther down the toilet than the S Trap.

Now that she's been in power for awhile, things have changed drastically, she hasn't come through on her promises and her popularity is rapidly approaching that of Canada's High Commisionaire to the UK in this province.

So in retrospect, it might take awhile till Ms Redford has amassed the usaual amount of poltical blunders and faux pas' before you really know how popular she is.