Canada Kicks Ass
How is Calgary these days (from a former Calgarian)?

Previous  1  2  3

Banff @ Sun May 07, 2006 1:50 am

ziggy ziggy:
Banff Banff:
ziggy ziggy:
No traffic lights on the deerfoot,first one is 60 kliks south at Nanton,sure isnt slow anymore. South city limits to the airport in the north east is 20 minutes.

3 sets of lights from Douglasdale to Highway 22 on Deerfoot and Deerfoot always crawls at rushhours and it is fully equiped with year round road repairs matresses , insulation , chairs , lumber , any many other types of debri . To Nanton is good from the city limits . Bulldoze all businesses and traffic lights on 16th av North and add another deerfoot trail In the NW from shaganappi over edworthy and down sarcee and then over the weaselhead and reservoir then you'll have something serious . Other than that we just need to convince Ikeaman to get rid of the highway lights and it will be clear sailing in every direction .

Last monday,South city limits to the airport and back to 22 x in 40 minutes,no lights anywhere on deerfoot and I was in rush hour. I dont know the city that well as Im working in eaglewood blvd and staying east of shepard in a motorhome. Not a "genstar community" :roll:

Next time you drive by fish creek park bring me an xtra large triple triple,I'll be the guy on the baby cat hanging on the 2 to 1 slope. :wink: Right by the "back-hoe crossing" sign. :o heh,I love stopping traffic,heh heh! payback. :wink:

ya ...fair enough , triple triple it is ... sorry for all the venting but I don't need Calgary like I used too . It's more Canmore , Banff and Lake Louise that I really miss . Maybe one day I will return .

ziggy @ Sun May 07, 2006 1:51 am

There is no lights on deerfoot,clear sailing from Nanton to Deadmonton. :o That's good for me because they call me wrong way after a couple drive by's for the marque de lorean trail or whatever it's called.(22x) :oops: That's when she's 25 foot motorhome over the median to get back in the right direction,they frown on that sort of stuff in Calgary. :o

I blame it on the truckers,they get on your right hand side and you cant see the signs,ya,that's it. :o

ziggy @ Sun May 07, 2006 1:53 am

Banff Banff:
ziggy ziggy:
Banff Banff:
ziggy ziggy:
No traffic lights on the deerfoot,first one is 60 kliks south at Nanton,sure isnt slow anymore. South city limits to the airport in the north east is 20 minutes.

3 sets of lights from Douglasdale to Highway 22 on Deerfoot and Deerfoot always crawls at rushhours and it is fully equiped with year round road repairs matresses , insulation , chairs , lumber , any many other types of debri . To Nanton is good from the city limits . Bulldoze all businesses and traffic lights on 16th av North and add another deerfoot trail In the NW from shaganappi over edworthy and down sarcee and then over the weaselhead and reservoir then you'll have something serious . Other than that we just need to convince Ikeaman to get rid of the highway lights and it will be clear sailing in every direction .

Last monday,South city limits to the airport and back to 22 x in 40 minutes,no lights anywhere on deerfoot and I was in rush hour. I dont know the city that well as Im working in eaglewood blvd and staying east of shepard in a motorhome. Not a "genstar community" :roll:

Next time you drive by fish creek park bring me an xtra large triple triple,I'll be the guy on the baby cat hanging on the 2 to 1 slope. :wink: Right by the "back-hoe crossing" sign. :o heh,I love stopping traffic,heh heh! payback. :wink:

ya ...fair enough , triple triple it is ... sorry for all the venting but I don't need Calgary like I used too . It's more Canmore , Banff and Lake Louise that I really miss . Maybe one day I will return .

I was starting to think you were our soil consultant for UMA engineering.

ziggy @ Sun May 07, 2006 1:58 am

Just look for my truck.

Banff @ Sun May 07, 2006 2:07 am

ziggy ziggy:
Banff Banff:
ziggy ziggy:
Banff Banff:
ziggy ziggy:

I am and the soil quality is crap so go ahead and take a piss on it if the portas don't show up ...just make sure you're hanging it out on the side of the hoe away from the 22x especially around rush hour ... oh thats right there are too many houses around there and alot of those people on the east side have really high powered scopes . Anyway I better go get some ZZZZs because I have to go listen to my 5 year old play on the babygrande at the school infront of a crowd tomorrow . and if I don't get some sleep I won't look like the proud dad that I am . G'd night

ziggy @ Sun May 07, 2006 2:19 am

Banff Banff:
ziggy ziggy:
Banff Banff:
ziggy ziggy:
Banff Banff:
ziggy ziggy:

I am and the soil quality is crap so go ahead and take a piss on it if the portas don't show up ...just make sure you're hanging it out on the side of the hoe away from the 22x especially around rush hour ... oh thats right there are too many houses around there and alot of those people on the east side have really high powered scopes . Anyway I better go get some ZZZZs because I have to go listen to my 5 year old play on the babygrande at the school infront of a crowd tomorrow . and if I don't get some sleep I won't look like the proud dad that I am . G'd night

ok,I only mentioned it because our dirt guy dropped a name on me when he found out where I call home and the name he dropped was a guy that was my best friend and fishing bud for 20 years.As for the scopes :oops: It's a small sacrifice to make for all the bandwidth I sucked off of Big Chuck and Steph with their unsecured wireless network at lunchtime when I would surf the net with the laptop. :wink: I know a few guys from UMA,Kim ring a bell? How about Wade? Excellence in excavating,that's my new motto for now. :wink: :wink:

ziggy @ Sun May 07, 2006 2:27 am

$1:
I am and the soil quality is crap
It is,but were hitting 1880 and 13.5 percent moisture,the dirt is a mixed bag,truck dumps from all the basement excavations,plus fill from Kidco and their big show across the street. Everythings passed so far. The dirt guy's happy,I'm happy. :lol:

PRH977 @ Wed May 10, 2006 1:46 pm

Many thanks for your many replies. Judging by some of them, I've obviously touched a (raw) nerve.

I sit back and think 'sigh.....whatever happens in life I just want the one chance to see Canada again'. Call it a 'strange' attachement but as I may have already said it's all to do with wanting to see the country where I was born. Yes, I would certainly like to see Calgary again (very much so, even, given the fact I was born there) but at the end of the day it's BC I'm most drawn to because of its out-of-this-world scenery (and Western Alberta where such scenery can be found as well).

Quebec also fascinates me but that's mainly due to the fact I'm a great lover of France and all things Francophone. To be honest, I just love the Quebec French accent because of its quirkiness.

I live here in Europe (UK) and have a Dutch passport as my parents are Dutch (it makes living in the UK so much easier) yet still I renew my Canadian passport every five years, living in hope that some day (when my numbers come up in the lottery) I can visit Canada.

danikyvor @ Wed May 10, 2006 1:51 pm

PRH977 I'll send you a postcard and some maple syrup this summer! my husband and I are going to Canada for nearly a month. I am so excited, my first trip home in nearly three years! We're flying to Vancouver, spending a week in Victoria and then taking the train over the Rockies to Edmonton. :)

Previous  1  2  3