Canada Kicks Ass
Intresting Albertan Statistics

Previous  1  2

danikyvor @ Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:30 am

Don't worry Mr Canada, you're not the only Lib in Alberta. I fall into that category too :lol:

bootlegga @ Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:52 am

Bruce_the_vii Bruce_the_vii:
Hi Ziggy:

It's been reported in toronto papers that the Alberta economy is not that hot for the average person. Also the statistics canada figures for Edmonton put it at very much lower level of people working than Calgary.

Yeah, I find that is true. If you aren't in the oilpatch or health care (or have some other professional designation), you have to be a salesperson to make big bucks here. Biotech is another field that is really growing here in Alberta, as well as IT and construction. Labourers in general are doing very well. I know a welder who owns three houses and has almost a million bucks in the bank (not too shabby for a 30 year old).

The boom is GREAT if your field has an application in the oil patch though. My sister went to a technical school back in the 80s and took Chemical Technology and now makes $80,000 a year analyzing soil samples for the oil patch.

The flip side is that 'support' careers aren't making all that much right now, mostly because a lot of boomers in those fields haven't retired yet. I have several friends who graduated with Education degrees working part time at the public library, managing a GAP and so on. And those who made the mistake of getting a generalized university education (like myself), are working for $40,000 a year. That's pretty good if you're single and/or don't have a huge student loan, but if you're planning a family, it's next to impossible.

Mr_Canada old @ Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:39 am

dimoreien dimoreien:
Don't worry Mr Canada, you're not the only Lib in Alberta. I fall into that category too :lol:
Yay! Comrade! :P

WDHIII WDHIII:
dimoreien dimoreien:

OMG theres TWO OF YOU?????????? 8O

SOUND THE ALARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

C'mon, I have a Liberal section in my school...

It's called my Social Studies class room.... The only Liberal piece of Alberta, ;)

Hide.

Over there are some booklets with the "I am Canadian" rants on them.... That'll ward off the Albertan Separatist Scum atleast...

Previous  1  2