Canada Kicks Ass
Moving soon to Alberta!

Previous  1  2  3  Next

Richard @ Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:54 am

On the move again Ruez your going to live out of a box man.. :D

putz @ Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:57 am

For IT fields last time I checked Edmonton is the leader in IT in Western Canada, and second only to TO and Montreal I believe.

Schleihauf @ Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:58 am

I think you all scared him off.

ziggy @ Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:00 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
ziggy ziggy:
RUEZ RUEZ:
Yogi Yogi:
The company that I do most of my work for is hiring 'newbies' starting at&17,50/hr plus benefits and apprenticeship.
There is a catch tho, NO CRIMINAL RECORD
Do tell, I am in the market for a new job.

On that HRDC site you should register and pick some keywords for the jobs you might be interested in,when something matches it will automatically send the job to you via email.

I get about 30 a day in my email useing equipment operator,pipeline and grader operator as the keywords. I was quite amazed at how many new jobs come up every day.
Interesting, I didn't know you could do that. I use that site daily so that will come in handy.

Want to go drive some of the worlds biggest rock trucks?

http://www.elkvalleycoal.ca/cache/page_1258.html

Good pay with benefits in BC's beautifull Elk Valley,union job(except greenhill mine)fairly stable and a 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift. They have 5 mines in the valley.

EDIT-
$1:
Fording River Operations - Pit Utility / Haul Truck Driver

Are you interested in an ideal mix of urban amenities and outdoor lifestyle? The pristine East Kootenay region of British Columbia offers an ideal mix of urban amenities and outdoor lifestyle. Fishing, hiking, skiing and snowmobiling in some of the world's premier locations are just moments away.

Elk Valley Coal's Fording River Operations located near Elkford, BC has an immediate opening for a:

Pit Utility/Haul Truck Driver

We are currently recruiting for the position of Pit Utility/Haul Truck Driver. This casual, entry level position requires heavy lifting and the ability to work outdoors in any condition. Previous heavy equipment operation or industrial experience is preferred but not required. Extensive training will be provided to those selected.

Candidates who are looking for the opportunity to advance are encouraged to apply. A high school diploma or GED, and a valid Class 5 driver's licence are required.

Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically by February 28, 2007 to [email protected] briefly outlining how their experience, skills and career goals match Elk Valley Coal's requirements. You may also apply via facsimile to (250) 865-5015 or by mail to:

ELK VALLEY COAL CORPORATION
Fording River Operations
Attn: Darren Schmidt
PO Box 100
Elkford, BC
V0B 1H0

Please refer to Job #1290 when submitting your application.

We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.

ziggy @ Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:04 am

Utility truck is a labourers job,best one in the mine as far as some are concerned,2 guys driving around in a pickup or flatbed hiab running errands and pulling sausage.

grainfedprairieboy @ Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:04 am

LOULOULOU LOULOULOU:
I am amazed at how little people know about Edmonton. It is actually a far better city then Calgary, dispite what people think.

Edmonton is the greatest city in the greatest province in the greatest country in the world.

[youtube width=425 height=350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zXZCSUdfSs[/youtube]

RUEZ @ Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:05 am

Richard Richard:
Not by choice this time. I kind of screwed myself. I applied for a job at Canfor and got a call and an interview. In the meantime I turned down a few other jobs because the Canfor one pays 23 per hour. I got a call yesterday and they say I didn't make the first cut and I "may" get a call at the end of March. Well my car payments haven't stopped coming out of the bank and I'm almost out of money so I'm desperate now. Actually scared is a better way to describe it.

RUEZ @ Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:09 am

ziggy ziggy:
Utility truck is a labourers job,best one in the mine as far as some are concerned,2 guys driving around in a pickup or flatbed hiab running errands and pulling sausage.
Sounds interesting and it's a beautiful area of the province but I wonder how many hours you get in a "casual" position?

ziggy @ Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:11 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
Richard Richard:
Not by choice this time. I kind of screwed myself. I applied for a job at Canfor and got a call and an interview. In the meantime I turned down a few other jobs because the Canfor one pays 23 per hour. I got a call yesterday and they say I didn't make the first cut and I "may" get a call at the end of March. Well my car payments haven't stopped coming out of the bank and I'm almost out of money so I'm desperate now. Actually scared is a better way to describe it.

You have a trade or any tickets?

I remember fracmaster and a few other well serviceing companies were advertising they would train,you had to relocate to strathmore area though(just east of Calgary),plus I know United safety is allways looking for safety hands,think there was an ad in the sun last week.

ziggy @ Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:19 am

RUEZ RUEZ:
ziggy ziggy:
Sounds interesting and it's a beautiful area of the province but I wonder how many hours you get in a "casual" position?

Casual is code for temp worker for 3 months,that saves the company from some union problems if they let you go. You would get the same hours as full timers except you dont get asked for OT unless every one else turns it down.

The nice thing about a 4x4 shift is they let you swap shifts,one crew is allways going to be opposite you so you take 4 days holidays which gives you 12 days off,and say you have no more vacation hours left,you find someone who will work your 4 and you work theirs,or you can let them have the money for the days they worked for you.
Then you have 20 days off.

Some people dont like the 2 nightshifts in the 4 day cycle and literally sell them,there's allways some greedy bugger who will work every hour if they could.

RUEZ @ Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:29 am

ziggy ziggy:
You have a trade or any tickets?

I remember fracmaster and a few other well serviceing companies were advertising they would train,you had to relocate to strathmore area though(just east of Calgary),plus I know United safety is allways looking for safety hands,think there was an ad in the sun last week.
No tickets unfortunately. I have a lot of experience in different things including CNC machining but never got to the point of being certified. I could have done that in Edmonton but I got sick of it there.

grainfedprairieboy @ Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:46 am

Lord Black Lord Black:
I'm glad you feel that way.

Is this guy still here? :roll:

Saskanna @ Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:19 pm

Ziggy, you going to send me the contacts you mentioned? My friend got a week's work north of Fort MacMurray but that ends MOnday but now has been offered a month or so of work driving "water truck" with another outfit. But, he has to go to Calgary for a one hour orientation course? Then home for a week and then they will fly him in from Regina! Sorry but friend's wife didn't know the name of the Company that hired him for this "water truck" job? I'll try and find out.

Meanwhile, if you have anything that can help would be much appreciated. I've given them a 1-800 number to call for jobs and also noted that HRDC Site. I was in there(the HRDC site) but they aren't online. I would have to get together with them and register them online and then take the e-mails for them. I'd be willing to do that but most places also want you to FAX or apply online. I"m trying to get them to get a FAX at least.

Anyway, Ziggy, hope the leg is getting better? Waiting to hear from you. regards, :)

ziggy @ Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:00 am

Saskanna Saskanna:
Ziggy, you going to send me the contacts you mentioned? My friend got a week's work north of Fort MacMurray but that ends MOnday but now has been offered a month or so of work driving "water truck" with another outfit. But, he has to go to Calgary for a one hour orientation course? Then home for a week and then they will fly him in from Regina! Sorry but friend's wife didn't know the name of the Company that hired him for this "water truck" job? I'll try and find out.

Meanwhile, if you have anything that can help would be much appreciated. I've given them a 1-800 number to call for jobs and also noted that HRDC Site. I was in there(the HRDC site) but they aren't online. I would have to get together with them and register them online and then take the e-mails for them. I'd be willing to do that but most places also want you to FAX or apply online. I"m trying to get them to get a FAX at least.

Anyway, Ziggy, hope the leg is getting better? Waiting to hear from you. regards, :)

I'll try and put them all together today.
Most good camps pay well but they also keep the same people year after year.
The cook can make or break a job sometimes,people work harder when they arent pissed off so its worth it to pay well for a good cook.
I know ours is good cause when the guys have finished their tour they usually take a few pics of the dessert table to show the wife when they get home. :wink:

If your buds running a water truck I would think he would be busy,depending on what its doing I guess,I know vac trucks stay fairly busy here.

I saw a few camp jobs on the HRDC site that said wage negotiable.

Previous  1  2  3  Next