Canada Kicks Ass
Sorry Alberta

Previous  1  2  3  Next

Tman1 @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:29 pm

Gunbunny Gunbunny:
I may be in shilo but I'm from Red Deer and that is where my house is going to be built when I get home from Afghanistan. I tell you that I'm begining to get tired of the BS coming out of ottawa about "western aileanation". Ottawa and the Liberal party of Canada are talking about BC, Sask. & MB. Alberta is not even in there minds. They don't care and they wouldn't help if we begged for it. That is why we are arogant and the at is why we see as the minerals in Alberta as Albertian not canadian. the Liberal party of Canada has no reason to care exept to take the money out of Alberta and give it to everyone east of the Manatoba border.

I understand where you're coming from but unfortunatly, Sask, B.C, and Manitoba aren't even in Ontarios minds anyways so don't think you're the only lonely boat chum. It's that Albertan attitude that I'm talking about, your arrogant because you think about yourselves, nobody else. I've lived in Alberta most of my life and I know what you're talking about but live elsewhere and there is a whole new spectrum in front of your eyes. It's not just about Alberta, it's about the whole country.

Monorprise @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:53 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Actually I have to agree with Monodork. I don't see any U.S state doing any of this S*!t that Canada is doing. Quebec whineyness, Albertan arrogance, Ontarians being high and mighty asses. We need a solidified Canada.

By the way, that is one ugly flag. Nice originalness of having a star on it..reminds me of communism.

The lone WHITE Star Pre-dates that of the advent of communism by at least 70 or so years. Communism and it represent theater of Texas, often called the Lone star state, as it was the only state that was ones its own independent Republic, assigned from the Original 13.
It was also the original flag of the Texas republic although reinstituted in 1845 when it was finally admitted into the union, having been trying for many, many years. That led to the Mexican-American war. Because the Mexicans having lost Texas nearly 10 years prior, and having signed an agreement releasing Texas. Maintain general hostilities and harassment, of Texans, and had told the United States that if they annexed Texas as we Texans had been asking them to. And an election was basically held on it, as the US and Texans army’s prepared for war with Mexico. With the outcome, Texas was officially admitted into the Union as the 28 state of the United States of America. With a Mexican attack on American troops along the southern border of Texas on Apr. 25, 1846 so begin the Mexican-American war. The end of that war came practical when an American army occupied Mexico City (The heart of Mexico) Sept. 14, 1847. Arguably one could say that was the last military invasion of the United States, although for the Mexicans that was not so much the case, so its general referred as 1812 as being the last, considering there view point puts it in dispute. + 1812 was actually a full scale invasion, were practical every state in the Union was at War with a hostile Army marching thou its territory.

In any case the Mexican army would not official cross in to the United States of America under the legal orders of the their government until Katrina in 2005, this time in peace, as friends under a new NAFTA relationship, of friendship and alliance. So it’s a pretty big change in the attitudes of our relationship since the American-Mexican war more than 165 years ago! Still there are many Texans who don’t yet fully trust or like the Mexicans from central Mexico, and were not all too pleased with them being allowed to cross the US/México border, white frankly I think New Mexico would feel the same way, as would Arizona and California. But for Louisiana, we will do it!!!

Anyway the Texan flag:
The flag was adopted as the state flag when Texas became the 28th state in 1845. As with the flag of the United States, the blue stands for loyalty, the white represents strength, and the red is for bravery.
http://www.50states.com/flag/txflag.htm

Arctic_Menace @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:02 pm

You don't hear Americans trying to seperate because it says in their constitution that they can't seperate.

Tman1 @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:13 pm

You didn't have to go into that history lesson as I know all that but It's still and unoriginal ugly flag.

Gunbunny @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:14 pm

Monorprise:

You should study up on the origins of Communism and you would realise that Marx & Engles started their writings in the 1830's not to mention that before that the chruch of Jerusalem (the Second Crusade) was trying to employ many of the "Values" of communism. The star thing is just a throw back to the old USSR. Besides this is a discution about a provence in Canada.

Tman1:

I'm not saying that they don't get left behind I'm saying that if the Liberals had the oppertunity to buy votes in Sask and in the Tob they would. They are already starting the buying process in BC. They know that the southern quarter of Saskatchewan sits on the fence and he's hoping to take a few seats from the southern half of Mb. The Liberals do not care about Alberta. To them and the rest of central and eastern Canada we seem to be the redheaded stepchilds of the country.

RUEZ @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:28 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
You didn't have to go into that history lesson as I know all that but It's still and unoriginal ugly flag.
Dude you shouldn't rag on someones flag, I've heard people say the same thing about Canada's flag, and I think that's unacceptable.

Tman1 @ Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:32 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
Tman1 Tman1:
Dude you shouldn't rag on someones flag, I've heard people say the same thing about Canada's flag, and I think that's unacceptable.

It's a state flag, I think it's unoriginal. I'm not talking about the United States of America flag. I'm not saying Canada's provincial flags are original either. I stand by my comment. If you see something I don't....by all means.

ziggy @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:32 am

Now that's funny,if someone knew their history they would know that my small town was the only communist party in Canada during WW2,before anyone starts ragging,we also sold more war bonds then anywhere else in Canada and even had a corvette(HMCS Blairmore) named after our town because of the contributions towards the war. Because most of the communities inhabitants were from a communist country they didnt see anything wrong with communism. If you knew your Canadian history then you would know all about Tim Buck and Canada's earliest labour movement. But hell,they sure wont teach you about this in school.

Monorprise @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:39 am

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
You don't hear Americans trying to seperate because it says in their constitution that they can't seperate.

While it doesn’t actual say that in the Constitution, the US constitution does give the federal government the right to suppress insurrection(much the same as your government has historically done the same thing, only many, many more times) , which is effetely the same thing provided that the federal government under the rest of the union allows it.
The reason for this is actual extremely important, if state are allowed to succeed on their own with out the acknowledged approval of the rest of the union. then they like Québec in Canada can uses that to blackmail and defraud other states to the detriment of their rights as equals.
In short succession is impossible, unless the US federal government agrees to it, unless you are able to beat it in a military conflict. But largely its kind of a fuzzy issue in American laws, that is still debated in some parties in regard to the US Civil War pretty much exclusively. Specifically on whether or not the “confederacy” actual existed legally to start with. Legally according to the only court case president I know of had to deal with a man from Texas who had committed a crime during the civil war and for his defense he argued that since Texas was succession at the time he was not subject to the US authority (it was an interstate crime as I recall) when the crime was committed and their for not guilty the reply by the judge was that the outcome of the civil war established secession is not possible and thief ore he was still guilty.
But in actually it is an issue of some minor controversy that has never before, and never again attempted.
If you really want to get down to it, the Civil war broke out upon the basis’s of a fundamental lie, by southern elite democrats, about the intentions and abilities of the north which didn’t actually exist as such, and would never have happened like that had they not rebelled, which effetely gave Abraham Lincoln the authority to liberate the slave in the southern states that were in rebellion. (Note Not all southern states rebelled, for example the broader southern slave states remained with the north, many of which still had slavery, that didn’t end until after the civil war when the free blacks had taken over the southern state, in majority, and the passage of the 13 amendment to the US constitution, officially making slavery illegally, for the entire union.
This could and would never have happened had the south not jumped the gun in the first place. The truth reason was that of politics, in my view,
But the American Civil war, had reassured a number of vital American concepts, upon which the southern had used to sell insurrection, and it was not a unanimous sell, by any means, by contract much of the US Military which was made of southern chose sot remain with the union and fight against their home states. But many more still could not ignore the calls of their families at home and their home state and joined the confederate army. Which for it relatively smaller size base, and industry limitations were way better than that union army, which was made up mostly of northerners and while the civil war was by far the most costly war in all of American history, more American died in every other declared war since + most of the undeclared ones. Far more union solders died that that of southern sounders. Even thou the south eventual admitted defeat honorably and for the most part stood down as a military force.
The civil war although fought under in ignorant, was an extremely important conflict not only in establishing the supremacy of the union over a minority of states, but also in reestablishing the principles upon which the United states was founded, and not just freedom for all men being created equal, but also that of the willingness to take up arms in its defenses. Which was the case at least as proceeded on both sides patricianly the south. Who saw slavery as a “right”. May we never repeat it, but may we always stand ready, to up hold our rights and that of our constitution, against what is true, and not merely illusion that their would one day be a form of “oppression”!!! :) :D 8) :wink:

Monorprise @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:10 am

Gunbunny Gunbunny:
Monorprise:

You should study up on the origins of Communism and you would realise that Marx & Engles started their writings in the 1830's not to mention that before that the chruch of Jerusalem (the Second Crusade) was trying to employ many of the "Values" of communism. The star thing is just a throw back to the old USSR. Besides this is a discution about a provence in Canada.

Honestly I don’t chair if you want to declare Marx & Engles for establishing the first form of communism, I honestly can’t say under even theatrically standpoints I can agree with that broad accretion. And in actual honesty the so called "Values" of communism, are in fact common among most all western civilizations, including that of America, the differences is, theses “Values” are not Communism, nor are they justly expected thou that which is communism! They are fundamentally christen values, and christens values, are not that of forced state run charity their that of voluntary helping, and that’s not just giving people food, that’s making shore they have a chance to learn how to get food, for themselves! In this regard communism at least in my view has absolutely nothing to do with that of the values of Christianity, as it is a process by which a government forces the enslavement of the entire population! And that is not at all Christian! But then again nether were the crusades in reality. 8O :roll: :) :wink:

Monorprise @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:08 am

Gunbunny Gunbunny:
I may be in shilo but I'm from Red Deer and that is where my house is going to be built when I get home from Afghanistan. I tell you that I'm begining to get tired of the BS coming out of ottawa about "western aileanation". Ottawa and the Liberal party of Canada are talking about BC, Sask. & MB. Alberta is not even in there minds. They don't care and they wouldn't help if we begged for it. That is why we are arogant and the at is why we see as the minerals in Alberta as Albertian not canadian. the Liberal party of Canada has no reason to care exept to take the money out of Alberta and give it to everyone east of the Manatoba border.

I thank you dearly for your Service!! *Mono Salutes you from New Mexico, USA*

GunRunner @ Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:46 am

Waaa Waaa Waaa..... Welcome to the club! Where the hell do you think most of the money Ontario puts in the coffers has been going all these years!!!! I was in the army for 15 years, and except for the time in Germany, I was posted in out west in Winnipeg, and loved it there. But I couldn't believe the difference in the military bases when I got a chance to go to Valcarcia (sp) one year on a Div Int Op. Holly Shit!! these guys lived in what looked like hotels compared to our barracks, and EVERYTHING was under a roof. It looked like most of the building had been built in the 80's, instead of the early 50's like they were in Ontario and Manitoba and the rest of Canada. And these guys never had to outside in bad weather, every single building was conected with a tunnel or covered walkway. I remember talking to one soldier in their mess and asked him what he did. Oh I train on our biathlon team..... Yea ok, but what do you do most days.... No that's it, all I do, train, ski and shoot for the team, well we go to competitions too.....

And all they did was bitch that the rest of Canada was picking on them!!! Sound like anyone else on this posting????

Monorprise @ Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:11 pm

GunRunner GunRunner:
Waaa Waaa Waaa..... Welcome to the club! Where the hell do you think most of the money Ontario puts in the coffers has been going all these years!!!! I was in the army for 15 years, and except for the time in Germany, I was posted in out west in Winnipeg, and loved it there. But I couldn't believe the difference in the military bases when I got a chance to go to Valcarcia (sp) one year on a Div Int Op. Holly Shit!! these guys lived in what looked like hotels compared to our barracks, and EVERYTHING was under a roof. It looked like most of the building had been built in the 80's, instead of the early 50's like they were in Ontario and Manitoba and the rest of Canada. And these guys never had to outside in bad weather, every single building was conected with a tunnel or covered walkway. I remember talking to one soldier in their mess and asked him what he did. Oh I train on our biathlon team..... Yea ok, but what do you do most days.... No that's it, all I do, train, ski and shoot for the team, well we go to competitions too.....

And all they did was bitch that the rest of Canada was picking on them!!! Sound like anyone else on this posting????

I don't know how they do it their, but general the US puts military training base's where they most be of uses in the USA, like at least one in all the types of terrain we have. From the artic in Alaska (a lot there) to the deserts of the south west New Mexico to California, to the temperate woodlands of the east coast George thou main. to the tropical rainforest jungles in Hawaii.(where we got a lot of army/navy/ and air force bases, for active duty given its head of pacific command.)
And then in addition there are percent military forts, bases, and ports in party much every state that A allows them, and B we need a base their. Most states general compete to have a military base, but ultimately it’s up to the military where they want or need to go.
And then of course there are state military/army bases which every state in the Union has, for their state National Guard, which makes up the build of the regular us army, only now their funded by the feds in large part thou the states but all trained by the state government and officers are appointed by the states. They are also under the states command and control until called up into federal services such as in time of war.
Theses are our “citizen solders” called in the American Revolution the Militants.

ridenrain @ Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:40 pm

Get used to it.
If you don't have the votes of Ontario or Quebec, you really don't matter.
BC's only being smoozed because of the port facilities.
Since all the provinces say they dislike Ottawa, why can't we seperate Ontario instead?

Sorry.. Maude Barlow was on the radio and I could feel myself getting dumber and dumber as she spoke.

ziggy @ Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:45 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Get used to it.
If you don't have the votes of Ontario or Quebec, you really don't matter.
BC's only being smoozed because of the port facilities.
Since all the provinces say they dislike Ottawa, why can't we seperate Ontario instead?

I'll donate my "prosperity cheque" to you.

:lol:

Previous  1  2  3  Next