ziggy @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:21 am

another topic derailed. :oops:

Brenda @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:27 am

ziggy ziggy:
another topic derailed. :oops:

so... what's new? :twisted:

It's been an interesting read :wink:

Kenazo @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:44 am

Just a quick word of advice, from a tax standpoint, if you make under about $35,000 there is almost no tax benefit to going w/ RRSP's. You will probably never been in a lower tax bracket than you're in now. Save your RRSP room for a time in the future when you expect to be making more. If you think you'll always be making under $35,000 go nuts! :)

DerbyX @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:00 am

Kenazo Kenazo:
Just a quick word of advice, from a tax standpoint, if you make under about $35,000 there is almost no tax benefit to going w/ RRSP's. You will probably never been in a lower tax bracket than you're in now. Save your RRSP room for a time in the future when you expect to be making more. If you think you'll always be making under $35,000 go nuts! :)

True. Th elast 2 years running I only put as much into my RRSP as needed to drop me to a lower tax bracket.

The only point I'm not sure about is would you save more by investing later because of the tax savings or will you save more by investing now because your RRSP will gain in value by a given amount over that same time period.

I guess it depends on how much return you get on your investments and whether or not an employer is matching your contribution.

grainfedprairieboy @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:04 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
Kenazo Kenazo:

True. Th elast 2 years running I only put as much into my RRSP as needed to drop me to a lower tax bracket.

The only point I'm not sure about is would you save more by investing later because of the tax savings or will you save more by investing now because your RRSP will gain in value by a given amount over that same time period.

I guess it depends on how much return you get on your investments and whether or not an employer is matching your contribution.

You could save it all by self managing your investments within a tax sheltered RRSP.

What are your goals? Early retirement? Bigger house? Increased Income or better lifestyle in retirement?

DerbyX @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:15 am

grainfedprairieboy grainfedprairieboy:
DerbyX DerbyX:
Kenazo Kenazo:

You could save it all by self managing your investments within a tax sheltered RRSP.

What are your goals? Early retirement? Bigger house? Increased Income or better lifestyle in retirement?

My goal is to build up an income generating portfolio and, if I learn to play the market properly, make money by buying and selling stocks over the short haul.

My company RRSP is already tax sheltered and I desire I can deposit it anywhere I want though they are affiliated with Manulife and offer a portfolio of some 40 mutual funds to invest in. Currently I invest in 6 different funds. I doubt I could have achieved the return on my investment thatthey have.

Now that my RRSP is financially on track to provide a good income at normal retirement age I am using my extra money to invest in stocks. So far it has been less then successful but like anything there is a learning curve. I actually looked at Ziggy's stock tip and if the power hadn't cut out last night might have seriously invested. A few things made me hesitant. Both AEM stocks have been declining steadily for about 3 months just as my other mineral pick and both picks announced better then expected mineral analysis. Unless I am missing something that should have been a good thing. By that rationale I should invest in some mining company that reports they found nothing of worth but are going to dig a bunch of holes just for the hell of it.

Toro @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:01 am

I buy stuff that is going to rise in price and sell things that are going to fall in price.

ziggy @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:08 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
grainfedprairieboy grainfedprairieboy:
DerbyX DerbyX:
Kenazo Kenazo:

My goal is to build up an income generating portfolio and, if I learn to play the market properly, make money by buying and selling stocks over the short haul.

My company RRSP is already tax sheltered and I desire I can deposit it anywhere I want though they are affiliated with Manulife and offer a portfolio of some 40 mutual funds to invest in. Currently I invest in 6 different funds. I doubt I could have achieved the return on my investment thatthey have.

Now that my RRSP is financially on track to provide a good income at normal retirement age I am using my extra money to invest in stocks. So far it has been less then successful but like anything there is a learning curve. I actually looked at Ziggy's stock tip and if the power hadn't cut out last night might have seriously invested. A few things made me hesitant. Both AEM stocks have been declining steadily for about 3 months just as my other mineral pick and both picks announced better then expected mineral analysis. Unless I am missing something that should have been a good thing. By that rationale I should invest in some mining company that reports they found nothing of worth but are going to dig a bunch of holes just for the hell of it.

Agnico just bought out Cumberland resources,first thing they did was change the mine plan from 3 small pits to one huge one.This is going to be a big mine.Bigger then Kemess

Biblical_Christian @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:28 am

Biblical_Christian Biblical_Christian:
I can haul any kind of equipment, too. I only have to make sure the exchaust pipes are covered, cause the turbo would be spinning from the wind, with no lubricant, cause the motors not running, hey? and make sure the windsgield is facing the back. it depnds on the compney where they want the windsheild facing , some don't care.
Most Heavy Equipment you have to steer into the lo-boy. The Dozer can be tricky and dangerous, Because it has 2 tracks, It has a pivot point. AFter going over half way it really slams onto the deck. Gotta keep the blade up, too. People been fired for slamming the blade onto the deck, too hard on the deck. Just gotta line up the Dozer it will climb into the trailer all by itself on the lowest gear you have. It can be scary, thou. Not too many people wanna do it, lol.

ziggy @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:32 am

I can haul any kind of equipment, too. I only have to make sure the exchaust pipes are covered, cause the turbo would be spinning from the wind, with no lubricant, cause the motors not running, hey? and make sure the windsgield is facing the back. it depnds on the compney where they want the windsheild facing , some don't care.
Most Heavy Equipment you have to steer into the lo-boy. The Dozer can be tricky and dangerous, Because it has 2 tracks, It has a pivot point. AFter going over half way it really slams onto the deck. Gotta keep the blade up, too. People been fired for slamming the blade onto the deck, too hard on the deck. Just gotta line up the Dozer it will climb into the rest all by itself on low gear. It can be scary, thou. Not too many people wanna do it, lol.
Just before it hits the pivot point lower the blade to the deck,then lift it as you advance,dont rip up the skids. :wink: a pic of my old kitty "cat"

ziggy @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:35 am

Dont do this BC. :oops:

ziggy @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:36 am

Dont do this BC. :oops:

Biblical_Christian @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:37 am

Catbucket, hey? i never heard that one before, cool.

Clogeroo @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:37 am

$1:

Update: He turned out to be a bag of shit and we let him go. It's not that he was lazy or anything he just couldn't get a grip on the equipment and was becoming a real safety issue.

Aw here I thought you may actually have a heart. :P

Biblical_Christian @ Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:39 am

Catbucket? I never heard that one before. Cool.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next