Canada Kicks Ass
Omnibus Supply chain collapse thread

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ... 20  Next

DrCaleb @ Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:17 am

Went to Costco yesterday. They had no leafy greens. No cottage cheese, or cream cheese.

Very strange.

bootlegga @ Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:58 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Went to Costco yesterday. They had no leafy greens. No cottage cheese, or cream cheese.

Very strange.

They haven't had lettuce for about a month and are hoping to have some by month's end - the explanation I was given was that their supplier had an issue in California/Mexico. But we did pick up spinach on Saturday, and they had salad kits as well, just not heads of romaine. If you really want lettuce, Wal-Mart, Sobey's and most other grocery stores stock it, but it's far more expensive than Costco is.

On the dairy front, I haven't bought much dairy from Costco since they switched to Beatrice - some of their products are made in the US, and their milk has a weird plasticky taste. Whenever we buy dairy now, I always read the label and only buy dairy made in Canada with milk from Canadian cows.

DrCaleb @ Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:41 pm

They usually have the big tubs of Island Farm cream cheese, which is 100% Canadian. I don't really drink milk itself, I just like to make dip for veggies.

I was at the 93st Costco on Sunday. No spinach. No Lettuce. No kale. Cheap raspberries though. It's weird to see, but I think that is the only Costco where you can get a whole lamb.

DrCaleb @ Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:14 am

herbie @ Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:43 pm

I often grab those 710ml bottles of Pepsi Zero. Last ones from WalMart for $4.49 six pack. Weds they were at $6.40 @ SaveOn, Thurs they were $9.29... double what I paid a few weeks back.
The shelves were bare, no bread, the aisles were crammed with boxes, no one stocking anything, no price tags on many things I looked at, frozen breaded fish was TWENTY BUCKS for 540gms...
and Trudeau's not even here I'm starting to think maybe he's not the one that tells Jimmy P what to do!

Strutz @ Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:02 am

I read about the lettuce issue earlier today.

Lettuce fans tossed by soaring prices, leading to expensive salads, substitutions

I haven't bought any lettuce type items in ages. With the too-often recalls, especially with any items from California, it became a thing we just avoided buying. The one type we have bought on occasion is a "living butter lettuce" from a local grower.

Strutz @ Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:09 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
On the dairy front, I haven't bought much dairy from Costco since they switched to Beatrice - some of their products are made in the US, and their milk has a weird plasticky taste. Whenever we buy dairy now, I always read the label and only buy dairy made in Canada with milk from Canadian cows.

R=UP We only buy dairy products made here as well. We extend that sentiment to almost all grocery products we buy when it is possible.

herbie @ Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:21 am

Enough is enough!
I can gripe about no lettuce, bread, milk out of stock and absurd prices but they were out of my vape pods!!!!!
They made a comment THREE WEEKS AGO how they were down to only 3 flavors, and last week down to only one. I found out at like 7 pm last night.
'the gov't made them pu excise stickers on them and we haven't been able to...'

Fucking SaveOn has more excuses than items on their shelves.

So I'm driving an hour south to the next town and while I'm there I will do a couple weeks grocery shopping. And go for dinner where they don't serve puke and are actually open when people eat dinner.

Strutz @ Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:09 pm

herbie herbie:
So I'm driving an hour south to the next town and while I'm there I will do a couple weeks grocery shopping. And go for dinner where they don't serve puke and are actually open when people eat dinner.

An hour drive isn't so bad to do a good stock up every couple of weeks. It'll be worth it I'm sure.

DrCaleb @ Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:23 pm

Strutz Strutz:
herbie herbie:

An hour drive isn't so bad to do a good stock up every couple of weeks. It'll be worth it I'm sure.

And perhaps they will get the hint to stock things people want to buy.

herbie @ Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:13 pm

Not likely.
I bought almost ALL the vape pods their gas station had. THe girl there said don't worry I'll have more tomorrow. Instead of some manager's lame excuse for not doing their job for a month.
They also had bread. Right there from $1.99, That pop was 2/$9.00 less than half the price.
And MEAT... the cows in the next town have different meat, not just burgers OR $55kg steaks. Well worth a few bucks of gas.

Tricks @ Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:03 pm

Who the fuck vapes? :lol:

DrCaleb @ Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:48 am

Beijing in lockdown as China hits COVID-19 case record

DrCaleb @ Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:51 am

Tricks Tricks:
Who the fuck vapes? :lol:

Everyone who doesn't want to smoke anymore, but can't quit nicotine; and every teen who fell for the Juul advertising designed to get them to start smoking alternatives. Plus those who saw the neckbeard with the weird contraption that smells like bubblegum and wondered what it was like.

Never underestimate the power of addiction.

herbie @ Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:35 am

No shit, would always fail quitting after 1-3 years and be instantly back to 2 packs a day.
And all the rules are made by assholes that never smoked, goddam Chrischun Temperance reboots.
Can't sell small packs anymore - they helped me quit once
Can't sell flavors anymore - grape flavoured cigarillos helped once
Flavored vapes are only to addict kids - so much for neckbeards smoking watermelon vapes. Hell I laugh how they banned ALL FLAVOURS but 10,000 variations of tobacco flavor are OK
HIDE THE QUIT SMOKING AIDS FROM VIEW IN STORES 0 they contain nicotine so they're just BAAADDD mmm'kay? And make sure patches are triple the cost of cigarettes

The doctor says steam & nicotine won't kill ya.

Never underestimate the power of addiction. I have a full understanding of how my son OD'd from fentanyl, how the ex died a pisstank...

Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ... 20  Next