Canada Kicks Ass
Canada placed on copyright blacklist

Wada @ Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:55 pm

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ ... ology/home

So the US is back to bullying other nations, eh, and this time it's our nation. Greed is what got the US where they are today you MF dickheads. :rock :twisted:

bootlegga @ Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Frankly, I'm proud we're on the list. Our system is far more fair than the US system were corporations can hold creative patents (like for Steamboat Mickey) for 120 years, at which time they'll no doubt claim that because the corporation doesn't die like traditional authors, it should be allowed to hold the copyright forever.

N_Fiddledog @ Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:11 pm

I have a prediction. This is just the beginning of the new American administration's move to whip Canada into recognizing its place. Next comes moves against energy policy, then NAFTA. Ultimately what they want is they say jump, and we say how high.

Choban @ Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Idiots should have though of these laws and rules when the technology to pirate music and movies was invented. Pretty sure it came from the states, companies like Sony that are involved in the music and movie industries are the first ones to release dvd burners and such, so suck it up princesses, you made it able to be done, you have to pay for it

bootlegga @ Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:29 pm

$1:
Washington also wants Canada to put an end to the flow of pirated and counterfeit movies and DVDs that cross its porous borders. In particular, Washington wants Canadian customs officers to be given the authority to seize pirated materials rather than have to seek a court order each time they suspect a shipment. The flow of pirated and counterfeit material not only enters Canada from abroad but much of it winds up crossing into the United States.

“Canada's weak border measures continue to be a serious concern for intellectual property owners,” said the annual report issued Thursday by the U.S. Trade Representative.

I'm far more worried about the flow of illegal firearms from the US to give fig about a camcorder version of Paul Blart. Besides, as the Wolverine leak proved last month, the vast majority of illegal movie downloads come from the industry themselves.

hurley_108 @ Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:33 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
$1:
Washington also wants Canada to put an end to the flow of pirated and counterfeit movies and DVDs that cross its porous borders. In particular, Washington wants Canadian customs officers to be given the authority to seize pirated materials rather than have to seek a court order each time they suspect a shipment. The flow of pirated and counterfeit material not only enters Canada from abroad but much of it winds up crossing into the United States.

“Canada's weak border measures continue to be a serious concern for intellectual property owners,” said the annual report issued Thursday by the U.S. Trade Representative.

I'm far more worried about the flow of illegal firearms from the US to give fig about a camcorder version of Paul Blart. Besides, as the Wolverine leak proved last month, the vast majority of illegal movie downloads come from the industry themselves.

R=UP

My guess is that these "extra endings" you posted about were concocted after the leak to entice people into the theater. At least one of them was. The other one was to further fleece the fans by enticing them back a second, or third, or however many times it takes them to see both.

CrazyCanuck007 @ Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Music sales are not because of pirating, and movie takes are down not because of pirating...they are down because both industries have NO TALENT BEHIND THEM!!!

Re-make after remake....Now they are remaking Drop Dead Fred....

'Nough Said!!!

bootlegga @ Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:54 pm

hurley_108 hurley_108:
bootlegga bootlegga:
$1:

R=UP

My guess is that these "extra endings" you posted about were concocted after the leak to entice people into the theater. At least one of them was. The other one was to further fleece the fans by enticing them back a second, or third, or however many times it takes them to see both.

Don't worry, I'm sure a bunch of fan websites will compile locations of where to go see which ending. :wink:

Zipperfish @ Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:06 pm

Big surprise--another failed Tory promise.

Scape @ Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:38 pm

Don't forget in China copyright means copy, right? Can fight global warming so why fight this?

Anastasios @ Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:34 am

i bet the US is triple of what is pirated here