Canada Kicks Ass
NAFTA Super HighWay - Canada links to Mexico!

Previous  1  2  3  4

WBenson @ Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:07 pm

I hope people realize that roads have existed for centuries and that they're rarely nefarious plots to take sovereignty away. The "NAFTA Superhighway" has existed for years. It is currently existing freeways.

There are trucking agreements that are new, however. Those do not a superhighway make. Most of the rumors stem from the "Trans-Texas Corridor," which is a Texas-operated plan to put freeways, railways, and pipelines together. Since they're together, they must obviously be evil.

The only new "superhighway" is the one Texas wants for their own reasons. The other ones all exist already.

WBenson @ Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:09 pm

Toro Toro:
Finally, what never made sense to me was was it would be extended to Winnipeg?

The road is already extended to Winnipeg, so I guess it made sense to leave it there.

kevlarman @ Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:57 pm

There should be some great things to these superhighways, such as centralizing the flow of major trade traffic that will ineveitably end up clogging up Texas's already much-abused highways system. The trade will undoubtely come and just watch, with the aging and the passing (death that is) of the much of the older, baby-boom generation in the USA, trade with Cuba will open up and I'd bet any amount of money that trade won't just end up in Florida, it will end up in the Port of Houston as well.

And with that trade you'll not only get expanded trade and yes, job growth, you'll get a surge in crime. Especially organized crime. We're right now experiancing an escalation between immigrant gang warfare between the established Houston gangs and the gun-toting Coyotes from Mexico over human trafficking profits. So when that NAFTA superhighway comes through (and it will and it DOES exist.. :roll: ) as well as trade with Cuba opens up, you watch crime go through the roof. PDT_Armataz_01_35 .

Anyways, the Super Corridor or NAFTA superhighway debate is just starting to build a good head of steam here in the South Texas area. Here's some links.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/ ... 4d7b9.html

http://www.corridorwatch.org/ttc_2007/CWA0709080.htm

sasquatch2 @ Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:10 pm

Super Corridor or NAFTA superhighway is just BS.

What I have witnessed is much needed upgrades/repairs to the Interstate System to deal with the current traffic.

This is reactive and not proactive.

It is similar to the I75 upgrades in Tennesee and Georgia in the last 30 years.

Previous  1  2  3  4