Canada Kicks Ass
Our Neighbours Could be Terrorists!

1  2  Next

tamtam10 @ Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:16 pm

I found a really interesting article talking about how Canada is a safehaven for terrorists, and its implications for Canada-US relations. It's especially relevant given the tragic terrorist attack in Mumbai. The article can be found at:

http://informedvote.ca/2008/12/our-neighbours-could-be-terrorists/

llama66 @ Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:21 pm

Canada has been for years accused of being a so-called "safe-haven" for terrorists. I find this article is a bit on the sensational side, I think the situation is not as bad as this article make it out to be.

TattoodGirl @ Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm

well I think my neighbour is a Nazi...does that count?....you should be here during Oktoberfest 8O

Yogi @ Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:54 pm

What??? Don't YOU 'strap on the ol lederhosen' and par-tay on, TG??? :lol:

TattoodGirl @ Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:56 pm

Yogi Yogi:

God NO!!!...you should hear these assholes at Oktoberfest and all the time...the are german immigrants and dont like me cuz I am half pole/jew and Ojibwe....hehehe I am the demon angel!!! :twisted:

the boots are something i would wear and might actually own something like them :lol:

Xort @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:21 am

But most of our terrorists just want to kill their former countrymen. Although overall I'd like a more responsible immigration policy.

sandorski @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:32 am

ho hum. How many actual Terrorists have gone from Canada to the US? I recall 1 caught at the Border planning some Y2k bombing in L.A. and that's it. None of the 9/11 Perps came from Canada. Seems to me that Canada is a convenient scapegoat for those trying to escape responsibility.

ShepherdsDog @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:22 am

$1:
I am half pole/jew and Ojibwe

do you sometimes find yourself going, 'oh yeah...inhale, exhale, inhale...now I feel better.' :twisted:

tamtam10 @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:14 pm

sandorski sandorski:
ho hum. How many actual Terrorists have gone from Canada to the US? I recall 1 caught at the Border planning some Y2k bombing in L.A. and that's it. None of the 9/11 Perps came from Canada. Seems to me that Canada is a convenient scapegoat for those trying to escape responsibility.

You're absolutely right but I think your statement misses the point. Given what happened in Mumbai and given the risk of terrorism around the globe, I think we need to act BEFORE something like this occurs. Just because practically no one has been caught infiltrating the border doesn't mean it's not an issue we must address before it's too late.

TattoodGirl @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:19 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:

do you sometimes find yourself going, 'oh yeah...inhale, exhale, inhale...now I feel better.' :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I figure my parents met in a bar and thought it would be hysterical to create a kid that would be the brunt of ALL jokes :lol:

Robair @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:36 pm

Yogi Yogi:
Men wear lederhosen, women wear dirndl.

Oh and lederhosen are quite comfy, actually.

Yogi @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:38 pm

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
$1:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I figure my parents met in a bar and thought it would be hysterical to create a kid that would be the brunt of ALL jokes :lol:

'Satuday night, and a bottle of gin,

Momma got drunk, and Daddy got in'!

sandorski @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:53 pm

tamtam10 tamtam10:
sandorski sandorski:

You're absolutely right but I think your statement misses the point. Given what happened in Mumbai and given the risk of terrorism around the globe, I think we need to act BEFORE something like this occurs. Just because practically no one has been caught infiltrating the border doesn't mean it's not an issue we must address before it's too late.

Sure we should "act", but on what?

martin14 @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:06 pm

Yogi Yogi:

and how do YOU know that one, Yogi ??

;)

Yogi @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:23 pm

martin14 martin14:
Yogi Yogi:

and how do YOU know that one, Yogi ??

;)

A 'short' process of deduction, my Dear Watson!

How else to explain my very existence? No one could possibly believe that had my parents an inkling as to how I would turn out, that my birth would not have been much like that 'mole game' You know the one. 'Everytime the mole TRIES to stick his head out of the hole someone is waiting, watching, closely, with bat in hand, their sole purpose to 'smack said mole' in the noggin, and make him 'stay in there'! :lol:

1  2  Next