Canada Kicks Ass
This is a test

ridenrain @ Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:08 pm

This is just a test to see if I can post without signing in.
We're having a lot of anonimous folks and I wanted to see if it was possible.

ridenrain @ Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:10 pm

Interesting..I still show up as myself. Are these folks posting from the school library or are they doing something else.

What exactly is the advantage to letting people post when they can't be bothered to register?

Ripcat @ Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:14 pm

Did you log out first?

ridenrain @ Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Yup.
I didn't flush my cache or purge my cookies (euwww.) or anything like that.

Ripcat @ Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Wow, I'm logged out and still post as myself even though I'm missing out on tons of features!!!!

ridenrain @ Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:18 pm

What is the purpose of "guests" being able to do this?

Ripcat @ Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:21 pm

Great, I had to try about 6 passwords before I got the right one.

Pimpbrewski @ Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:36 pm

Not sure, but it is because people are responding through the articles on the 1st page. They don't even have to be signed on to comment.

Ex-Expat @ Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:41 pm

Another bug? Or a setting?

Brenda @ Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:04 am

That has been that way all day :?

mtbr @ Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:11 am

I will give it a shot

mtbr @ Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:16 am

It works http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?nam ... 981#790981
second comment

I switched web browsers and blocked all popups I added the comment in the news section and it appears in the regular forums.

Heavy_Metal @ Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:38 am

yah, this is a weird situation, i have posted while not being logged in and gotten the anonymous tag, but it has also strangely enough happened when i am logged in as well.

Ex-Expat @ Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:30 pm

Also notice on Mtbr's test post, that next to "Anonymous" is the gold maple leaf for "CKA Gold Member" - despite the fact that his logged-in profile doesn't have it.

Then I switched browsers and tried it myself here (first post). On the not-logged-in browser it shows up as Guest, no gold leaf. On the logged-in browser it shows up as Anonymous, no gold leaf. I verified that the post showed up in both browsers, one logged in and one not.

Then, dig this... after about 5 minutes, the post mysteriously disappeared.

Tried again here (second post).

Then after about 5 minutes, that one mysteriously disappeared too.

Very weird.

The problem is reproduced by going to the main page and clicking an item under "Canadian News/Latest News" - the page opens with the article to the right and the sidebar on the left with comment textbox. I tried several other ways but this was the only way I was actually able to get a textbox. Everything else such as clicking the "Comment" button or trying from the Forums pages gave me no option to post.