Canada Kicks Ass
Uh... Is anyone else getting this?

1  2  Next

Public_Domain @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:41 am

All the links and text on CKA seems to have become invisible. The links and text are still there (I can select the text and paste it elsewhere) and the links still work.

BartSimpson @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:46 am

Nope. Works fine for me. I'm on IE9 right now.

Brenda @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:46 am

Works fine in Chrome for me

desertdude @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:47 am

Nope

Public_Domain @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:48 am

This happened while I was reading the CBC. i looked back at CKA and for some reason it all looks like this now. I can see the text in posts, and for links I'm just kinda using memory.

I'm using Firefox (did not restart, so no update or anything). No other website looks like this...

Firefox on Android shows no problems.

Hmm...

I'll have to try something. Sorta think it might be another program I have running over-stepping its "won't touch processes that are being used" rule

Public_Domain @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 am

This format gives an apocalyptic feel to this website... A city without people; a site without links.

Every click is an adventure now!

PluggyRug @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:58 am

Exit your browser, blow away all the cookies relating to CKA, reconnect to CKA and login.

Brenda @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:01 pm

It's a CBC conspiracy...

BartSimpson @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Try disabling Java. There is a possibility that you picked up the exploit that's running around and its impacting php views.

sandorski @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Working fine on Firefox here.

Public_Domain @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 pm

Oh fun! The links are back but everything is italicized!

I haven't really been anywhere that would give me a reason to think there's been some sort of Java issue.. It's been years since I've had a proper virus, or malware, or what have you. Though if this was an exploit, I have to scratch my head as to exactly wtf it's doing.

Can't close the program I'm thinking is interfering with my Firefox for a few more hours, we'll see how it all looks at that point

If I do have some sort of exploit on my computer, I'd laugh, since I'm in the process of beefing up my security and they picked the damnedest of times

Public_Domain @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Whelp, off to school... Unplugging the internet because now I'm paranoid as shit.

Talk to you guys later

BartSimpson @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:51 pm

Just try disabling Java. :wink:

Public_Domain @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:13 pm

:lol: But then the Onion News won't play videos!

I will. Might also avoid connecting to the internet until I figure it out.

I did disable Java, for a short while.

Part of that whole Java fear is focused in a rash of computer infections in "the Okanagan region", which is where I am.

I also have a theory in who is a part of it. An ass clown teenager who is highly computer savvy and wealthy via exploits and identity theft. Hate the punk.

A year or so ago he showed me how he hacked the Conservative government's website and posted a fake story saying Stephen Harper is in the hospital after choking on potatoes (or something like that). He knows how to make viruses, and isn't above financial exploitation. Had dozens of PayPal accounts filled with money...

I told him if he ever compromised anything of mine I'd fucking maim him... so I hope he's not behind it.

Haven't talked to him in awhile, but I do have a retarded photo of him dressed like a girl.

I'm rambling.

BartSimpson @ Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
I told him if he ever compromised anything of mine I'd fucking maim him.

:lol:

1  2  Next