Canada Kicks Ass
Stephen Colbert calls Windsor the 'Earth's rectum'

Gunnair @ Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:43 pm

$1:
Stephen Colbert calls Windsor the 'Earth's rectum'
CBC News Posted: Nov 13, 2012 2:05 PM ET Last Updated: Nov 13, 2012 8:18 PM ET Read

Comedian Stephen Colbert has once again taken a swipe at Windsor.

In his latest jab, Colbert calls Windsor “the Earth’s rectum.”

The insult comes in his new book, America Again: Re-becoming the Greatness We Never Weren’t.

In a chapter about green energy, Colbert writes:

“Before we can harness geothermal power, we have to take the planet’s temperature with a geothermometer. And I have no idea where the Earth’s rectum is!”

A footnote at the bottom of the page simply reads “Windsor, Canada.”

There is the off-chance Colbert could be referencing Windsor, N.S., since the footnote does not mention Ontario. There is also Grand Falls-Windsor, N.L.

Five years ago, Colbert called Windsor, Ont., "the worst place on Earth” during his Word segment on The Colbert Report.

Windsor Mayor Eddie Francis responded to the insult by saying, "There are many Windsors in Canada. So it could be Windsor, Nova Scotia, Windsor, Quebec, Windsor, Newfoundland. But with regards to Colbert, it's just Colbert being Colbert. Like I've said before, I don't even think he's been through the city."

Francis went on to say that Colbert was just a comedian trying to sell books and get a few laughs.

Ewwww.....did Detroit come out?

Freakinoldguy @ Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:45 pm

And the best part of this is, because alot of the supposedly politically savvy people use him and John Stewart as their sole source of "news" it'll become a fact rather than a joke. :P

RUEZ @ Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Flint Michigan is actually the asshole of the world. True story.

commanderkai @ Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 pm

So, is Detroit/Flint region the shit that's coming out of the Earth's rectum?

Thanos @ Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:27 pm

Detroit/Flint/Highland Park is the bleeding 'roid that is situated right next to the rectum.

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:27 pm

I take it Colbert is an expert on assholes.