Canada Kicks Ass
ISIS growing threat to Canadian peacekeepers in Sinai

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:47 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/global- ... -1.3512727

But....but.....but we're not at war with them, so why should we worry about them? Perhaps we need to send Justin over there to give them a hug and take a picture.....so they don't feel excluded.

BartSimpson @ Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:13 am

Justine will have to raise Canada's defense posture from "Cower" to "Flee!"

Freakinoldguy @ Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:04 pm

I'd be interested to know what their ROE's are given the fact that our new PM thinks we aren't at war with the murderous goat humping thugs from ISIS.

Hopefully they can defend themselves at will and not have to contact the UN or NDHQ before returning fire because, if they do we'll sure as shit lose people especially since the Liberals seem to have this misconception that the Military is just boy scouts with adult leadership.

herbie @ Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:05 pm

FFS you guys are hopeless.
Just remember, the one who gets it in the cup gets to keep all the quarters in there....

Thanos @ Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:11 pm

Don't worry, the sainted blue helmet is all the protection they'll ever need. :roll:

What the hell are we doing in a place that isn't even merely a hot zone but an active ISIS front? If all we're doing is preventing the Egyptians from going in and murdering all the ratfuckers like they deserve then we're part of the problem and not the solution. :evil:

herbie @ Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:50 am

Right on, addressing the subject! WTF are the peacekeepers doing there 30+ peaceful years later, don't these fucking missions ever end?
Maybe the UN is actually at fault for the ISIS threat there by maintaining the demilitarization of the Sanai. And WTF did they DO if all we even heard about the area for decades were stories about tunnels into Israel?
Israel just doesn't want a threat on their border - they'd probably allow Egypt to roll in, flatten ISIS and then maintain a small presence. The UN should broker that and get the fuck out.

BRAH @ Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:44 pm

herbie herbie:
Right on, addressing the subject! WTF are the peacekeepers doing there 30+ peaceful years later, don't these fucking missions ever end?
Maybe the UN is actually at fault for the ISIS threat there by maintaining the demilitarization of the Sanai. And WTF did they DO if all we even heard about the area for decades were stories about tunnels into Israel?
Israel just doesn't want a threat on their border - they'd probably allow Egypt to roll in, flatten ISIS and then maintain a small presence. The UN should broker that and get the fuck out.

Trust Fund Trudeau's dream is to have Canada peacekeeping the World. 8O

Freakinoldguy @ Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:19 pm

herbie herbie:

The point is that if we're gonna leave them in shitholes like this (and like you and Thanos I'm definately not in favour of it), we should ensure that at the very least they can defend themselves. But, given our and the UN's past history in that area I'm not all that confident that they can so without violating their ROE's which, might just make them either sitting ducks or criminals.

herbie @ Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:52 pm

Okay then, WTF is with the whining over Trudeau when he doesn't have fuck all to do with them being there or their UN ROE?
Long as they're allowed to shoot back if they're shot at, good enough. Or pull out, makes no difference.

Freakinoldguy @ Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:12 pm

herbie herbie:
Okay then, WTF is with the whining over Trudeau when he doesn't have fuck all to do with them being there or their UN ROE?
Long as they're allowed to shoot back if they're shot at, good enough. Or pull out, makes no difference.

Because he's going to do this.

$1:
The prime minister wants to increase Canada's contributions to peacekeeping missions, which have fallen to a few dozen troops in recent years from a high of several thousand in the mid-1990s.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/02/10 ... 03990.html

So he may have fuck all to do with the Sinai but it was his party and his daddy that put them there in the first place so they are ultimately responsible. As for your little quip about being able to fire back. Well that may sound like a good response but it's alot more complicated than that. First off you have to have definite orders saying when you can fire back and under what circumstances so, even if you have those orders giving you the ability to defend yourself you have to be "able" to fire back which apparently we aren't able to do in the first place.

$1:
Canadian Forces members are stationed in the middle of a growing insurgency in Egypt’s North Sinai region but defence experts say they are unequipped to take on the increasingly bold attacks being launched around — and against — them by ISIS’s regional affiliate.

http://ipolitics.ca/2015/09/03/canadian ... erts-warn/

So here's the readers digest version.

Trudeau the elder sends troops to the Sinai in 1981 and successive gov'ts leave them there through the decades. Trudeau's son becomes Prime Minister, ignores the threat of ISIS to our troops in the Sinai because of course we aren't at war with them. He then starts making promises to the UN that Canada will start contributing more to peacekeeping missions despite the fact that he has reneged on his election promise to give the military the equipment to do their jobs. A fact which, in the Sinai might just start costing us Canadian lives.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

herbie @ Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:20 pm

We GET IT that you hate Trudeau(s) but it has fuck all to do with it.
It doesn't matterif his Daddy or Joe bloody Clark sent them there, that's what we did when the UN asked for peacekeepers.
Just like it doesn't matter if Justin Trudeau doesn't want to call it a "war" or not.
Seeing as how this is the first news that ISIS is becoming a threat to UN posts in the Sanai, it's most likely he wasn't aware of that much before you and I were. How about an actual opinion or suggestion on what to DO about it rather than a "My omelette didn't rise, Thanks Obama!"
Right now ISIS there is a little threat. What response to it so it won't get bigger? Its not ultimtatley our decision, or the American's or the UN's that matters it's Egypt's. Their country.

Thanos @ Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:23 pm

They're not a threat until a Canadian observer gets abducted and ends up in a beheading video a couple of days later. If they aren't going to be allowed to defend themselves and are subject to some idiotic UN rules of the sort that got the Belgian paratroops murdered in Rwanda then get them the fuck out of there NOW. :evil:

Freakinoldguy @ Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:54 pm

herbie herbie:
It doesn't matterif his Daddy or Joe bloody Clark sent them there, that's what we did when the UN asked for peacekeepers.
Just like it doesn't matter if Justin Trudeau doesn't want to call it a "war" or not.
Seeing as how this is the first news that ISIS is becoming a threat to UN posts in the Sanai, it's most likely he wasn't aware of that much before you and I were. How about an actual opinion or suggestion on what to DO about it rather than a "My omelette didn't rise, Thanks Obama!"
Right now ISIS there is a little threat. What response to it so it won't get bigger? Its not ultimtatley our decision, or the American's or the UN's that matters it's Egypt's. Their country.

ROTFL

I'm glad you don't think it's his problem but, like it or not, it is his. So, if you don't think he should be worried about our troops, maybe he shouldn't have become the PM because if anything happens it'll be on his watch the same as it would have been for Harper.

As for finding out about it at the same time you did. Well, allow me to point out that if his Gov't and their intelligence gathering services are so fucked up that they have to wait for the press to tell them what's happening in the Middle East we're deeper in the shit than I first thought.

But, since you asked for a solution I'll give you a few. Mr. Trudeau has three logical choices. He should either pull our troops out of the Sinai immediately or, at the very least he should give them the equipment and support he promised so they can properly defend themselves. Or, he can just leave everything the same and hope it all just goes away which, if it doesn't isn't going to look good on him, his party or his Gov't.

Then, he should start by refusing to send anymore Canadian troops on peacekeeping missions so long as those missions fall under the auspices of the United Nations. Because till those hypocrites clean up their ineptitude, nepotism and stop the rape culture their people have been precipitating, all our participation in their self serving expeditions would do is enable them to continue their bad behaviour unabated while unnecessarily putting our troops in harms way.

Freakinoldguy @ Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:54 pm

herbie herbie:

ROTFL

I'm glad you don't think it's his problem but, like it or not, it is his. So, if you don't think he should be worried about our troops, maybe he shouldn't have become the PM because if anything happens it'll be on his watch the same as it would have been for Harper.

As for finding out about it at the same time you did. Well, allow me to point out that if his Gov't and their intelligence gathering services are so fucked up that they have to wait for the press to tell them what's happening in the Middle East we're deeper in the shit than I first thought.

But, since you asked for a solution I'll give you a few. Mr. Trudeau has three logical choices. He should either pull our troops out of the Sinai immediately or, at the very least he should give them the equipment and support he promised so they can properly defend themselves. Or, he can just leave everything the same and hope it all just goes away which, if it doesn't isn't going to look good on him, his party or his Gov't.

Then, he should start by refusing to send anymore Canadian troops on peacekeeping missions so long as those missions fall under the auspices of the United Nations. Because till those hypocrites clean up their ineptitude, nepotism and the rape culture their people have been precipitating, all our participation in their self serving expeditions would do is enable them to continue their bad behaviour unabated while unnecessarily putting our troops in harms way.

Thanos @ Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:09 pm

I'm assuming it's going to be the third option because less than six months into a new Liberal government and we're already back to 1994 with it's overall "hmmm, let's consult with the UN first" attitude before they make even the most mild of decisions.

Next four to eight years are gonna be a bad time to be in the forces. I suggest that anyone who wants to serve resign from their Canadian service and go join up with the Yanks. You might end up in a war zone but at least you'll have some backing behind you instead of being left to twist in the wind with your dicks hanging out. :evil: