Canada Kicks Ass
Memorial Topic: Remember your veterans and those we lost.

Previous  1  2

Hyack @ Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:27 pm

My grandfather......served with the PPCLI

William Henry Cooper

21-10-1892

6-13-1958

Haven't been able to trace his record with the PPCLI and his Attestation Paper is blurred only showing the date as February 1, 191_?

BRAH @ Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:32 pm

From a friend:
"Toughest day of the year for me. Wish I could hear these jangle on my Dad again. Headed to the cenotaph without him."

BartSimpson @ Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:04 pm

I don't know about Canada but down here it is acceptable to wear a loved-one's medals on special occasions so long as you're clear that you're doing so in memory of someone.

The custom is to wear them on a civilian blazer or jacket and to wear them on the right side to distinguish them from medals that would have been awarded to you which would be worn on the left.

DrCaleb @ Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:28 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I don't know about Canada but down here it is acceptable to wear a loved-one's medals on special occasions so long as you're clear that you're doing so in memory of someone.

The custom is to wear them on a civilian blazer or jacket and to wear them on the right side to distinguish them from medals that would have been awarded to you which would be worn on the left.

That can be done here too. Except on a Legion uniform. We can only wear our own service (Armed Forces, RCMP etc.) medals on the left and Legion medals on the right.

A 'Silver Cross' mother, for example is able to wear her medal on the right, because it was presented to her on recommendation of the child she lost in battle. In that sense, she earns it.

Previous  1  2