Canada Kicks Ass
Whats the Canadian Navy realy like?

Previous  1  2  3  Next

DanSC @ Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:53 pm

The Canadian Navy, and all navies, is NOT like this, despite having plenty of boats.

ItsJustOscar @ Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:15 pm

$1:
I've been in the Navy for 24 years and wouldn't trade a day of it.

may I ask what position(s) you have held, and do you know what positions are the best, ore sailors like the most?

EyeBrock @ Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:33 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
What's the old saying about buggery and the whip?

It's rum, sodomy and the lash. You Yanks got somewhat perturbed with the RN press-ganging your sailors into this and started that little war that nobody won.

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:43 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
What's the old saying about buggery and the whip?

It's rum, sodomy and the lash. You Yanks got somewhat perturbed with the RN press-ganging your sailors into this and started that little war that nobody won.

You know those marine types. They were mean because they'd spent so much time as peg boys.

BartSimpson @ Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:21 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
You know those marine types. They were mean because they'd spent so much time as peg boys.

I never had to be mean as a Marine. Just had to make the other guy think I was. :wink:

Gunnair @ Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:23 pm

ItsJustOscar ItsJustOscar:
$1:
I've been in the Navy for 24 years and wouldn't trade a day of it.

may I ask what position(s) you have held, and do you know what positions are the best, ore sailors like the most?

When I was in the regular force, I was an Naval Electronics Tech, though I spent my first couple of years as a Naval Electronics Sensor Op (EW and Fire Control) When I transferred to the reserves, I became a boatswain since the OPs trades didn't spend as much time at sea. Since then, I've worked full time for most of my years as a naval reservist serving as a Chief Boatswain Mate on two MCDVs, Coxswain of a unit tender, Coxswain of an MCDV, CBM at Sea Training, and an instructor at seamanship division. I'm currently a CSM at NOTC (officer basic training) I've seen most of the BC coast and can confidently say I've walked in woods untouched by human feet. Been to Hawaii a couple of times, Japan, China, Mexico and most points in between.

If you want the tech stuff, go tech. I preferred OPs myself and boatswain in the reserve because they were the gunners and Port Security boat drivers. I also loved being the 2 I/C of the ship's Naval Boarding Party.

As everyone else said, it's a good time.

ShepherdsDog @ Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:14 pm

$1:
I've walked in woods untouched by human feet.

And you being a MacDonald, that ensures that they remain so.

rickc @ Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:36 am

I am curious. When you are at sea do you have internet service? Do they have a room where you use the ships satelite service to send emails back to your family?

ItsJustOscar @ Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:59 am

$1:
As everyone else said, it's a good time.

Thanks a ton, you have made this a much easier choice!

Lemmy @ Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:07 am

Choban @ Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:03 am

$1:
I am currently the senior communications petty officer on HMCS Regina

My dad was on the Regina, now on the Algonquin

raydan @ Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:19 am

Choban Choban:
$1:
I am currently the senior communications petty officer on HMCS Regina

My dad was on the Regina, now on the Algonquin

My dad was on the Algonquin, probably not the same one, though. :D

SprCForr @ Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:27 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
is the fact that unlike the boys in the army you're bunk and galley always come with you. It's kinda like going camping RVing..... but only on the ocean. :D

Fix'd that for you.

"Camping" my ass, you guys use a friggin' RV. Don't knock sleeping in muddy holes until you've tried it! :lol:

Guy_Fawkes @ Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:33 am

Im surprised no one mentioned the Soup Break the navy blokes get.

Choban @ Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:37 am

My Old man and the ship

Previous  1  2  3  Next