Canada Kicks Ass
Best Metallica song

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Chumley @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:43 pm

Anyone at the Metallica concert in Edmonton last night?

martin14 @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:49 pm

gotta agree with Robair, Whever I may Roam :)

Unforgiven is good too.

maybe a poll ??

TattoodGirl @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:40 pm

Choban Choban:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Did anyone else go to Metallica last night in Vancouver?

OMFG!!! it was incredible...im still deaf i still cant speak...which I think a few folks are happy about :lol:

It was INSANE AWESOME!!!!!! XD XD XD :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

It was also the first time Hetfield has been in Vancouver and preformed Sober...KUDOS!!

I'm seeing them tomorrow in Calgary, it will be my 5th time and I have always loved it.
I first saw them in Winnipeg for Justice For All, My uncle took me and I've been a fan ever since (I was 11)
Next I saw them in Halifax for the Black Album tour
Then Calgary twice
Friday will be # 5 :rock:

Soooo...Tell us how was it?....I loved the gig!! XD

llama66 @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:44 pm

I saw Metallica years ago, during the Summer Sanitarium tour, my favorite song is "One"

Tricks @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:32 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Tricks Tricks:
How about turn the page, even if it's a cover? I've always really liked that song.

And pretty much the entire S&M album was awesome.

Covering tunes is the death knell for a band. It's like Guns and Roses if they released an album of Frank Sinatra cover tunes. lol It means they gave up, they have nothing left to offer, but they still need that new Ferrari.

Like Robair says, the Black album to St. WhinyBitch are good rock albums. Some people really liked them. I liked bits of them. But they aren't 'Metallica' albums.

I wouldn't go that far. A lot of really good bans do covers.

Chumley @ Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:25 pm

The Edmonton show rocked!!!! :rock: :rock:

brittly @ Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:00 am

Awesome songs... Well my metallic song collection is very small. I included all them

Choban @ Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:16 am

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Choban Choban:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Did anyone else go to Metallica last night in Vancouver?

OMFG!!! it was incredible...im still deaf i still cant speak...which I think a few folks are happy about :lol:

It was INSANE AWESOME!!!!!! XD XD XD :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

It was also the first time Hetfield has been in Vancouver and preformed Sober...KUDOS!!

I'm seeing them tomorrow in Calgary, it will be my 5th time and I have always loved it.
I first saw them in Winnipeg for Justice For All, My uncle took me and I've been a fan ever since (I was 11)
Next I saw them in Halifax for the Black Album tour
Then Calgary twice
Friday will be # 5 :rock:

Soooo...Tell us how was it?....I loved the gig!! XD

Wicked Cool, I was front row (alot of sweat). Great set list, I am glad they cut the crap out!!!! I much prefer the older stuff. I think the Justice For All Tour was the best I've seen though! They Still Rock

Axeman @ Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:00 pm

Fade to Black is my fave. I like the Ride the Lightning sound with Hetfield's Gibson Explorer and Hammet's Strat playing off one another. Master of Puppets was their best album. The production on ..And Justice For All was atrociously shitty. That album had some good tunes, but they're wasted because the production is so aweful. Is there even a bass player on that album? You can't hear one. After that, the production got too 'digital' and Hammet fell in love with and over-used the Wah-wah pedal. They've basically become an uninteresting sell-out, at best, and a total, laughable embarassment at worst (did no one listen to their recording of Turn the Page before they released it? EEEEEKKK, embarassing).

uwish @ Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:21 pm

Pimpbrewski Pimpbrewski:
That Death Magnetic album is pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of5J2ci8tB0

yup one of their best, feels allot like back to the basics.

LOVE cyanide

:)

saw them live here in Calgary in Dec. Fantastic show!

Dayman @ Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:50 am

llama66 llama66:
I saw Metallica years ago, during the Summer Sanitarium tour, my favorite song is "One"

AGREED!

Zipperfish @ Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:48 pm

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
[stupid] ....Those are definately the best....and dont forget Am I evil?
I absolutely love playing Metallica too....Cliff Burton was amazing, too bad he had to go :( ....He was one of the biggest reasons I picked up the bass

I actually played bass for Seek and Destroy once. The band was called Drunk ("Hi, tonight we're Drunk, tomorrow we'll be Hung Over"). Anyways, their bass player did a monster amount of mushrooms before he went on. I tried to warn him, but you can't talk no sense to a bass player, is one thing I've learned over the years.

Anyways, right after the opening riff he looks art me (i'm in the front row) with these wild eyes, rips of his bass, throws it at me and runs off stage. Luckily the bass kind of follows the guitar line in that song, so I managed to get through!

Robair @ Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:24 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Anyways, their bass player did a monster amount of mushrooms before he went on. I tried to warn him, but you can't talk no sense to a bass player, is one thing I've learned over the years.

Anyways, right after the opening riff he looks art me (i'm in the front row) with these wild eyes, rips of his bass, throws it at me and runs off stage. Luckily the bass kind of follows the guitar line in that song, so I managed to get through!

:lol: :lol:
I've got a similar story only I took over the last set for a drunk drummer... and it was a country/rock/rodeo/bar band at a rodeo dance so.. a lot easier to fake. [B-o]

Oh, and I didn't have to take over in the middle of a tune either! :lol:

No wait! It was a wedding dance at the rodeo grounds. THAT'S how it went. Long time ago.

Axeman @ Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:01 pm

[quote="Zipperfish"][I actually played bass for Seek and Destroy once. The band was called Drunk ("Hi, tonight we're Drunk, tomorrow we'll be Hung Over"). Anyways, their bass player did a monster amount of mushrooms before he went on. I tried to warn him, but you can't talk no sense to a bass player, is one thing I've learned over the years.
quote]

You know how you can tell when the stage is level? Drool's running out both sides of the bass players mouth.

Zipperfish @ Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Axeman Axeman:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
[I actually played bass for Seek and Destroy once. The band was called Drunk ("Hi, tonight we're Drunk, tomorrow we'll be Hung Over"). Anyways, their bass player did a monster amount of mushrooms before he went on. I tried to warn him, but you can't talk no sense to a bass player, is one thing I've learned over the years.
quote]

You know how you can tell when the stage is level? Drool's running out both sides of the bass players mouth.

Ooh, wait till Tatood Girl gets back--you are going to be Riding the Lightning, Trapped Under Ice and Unforgiven.

Previous  1  2  3  4  Next