Canada Kicks Ass
Covers or Originals?

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7

Robair @ Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:08 pm

llama66 llama66:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
llama66 llama66:
I hate the cover of the Cranberries "Zombie" by "Bad Wolves" they totally removed the context of the song.

There is no need to cover anything done by The Cranberries. The originals are perfect the way they are.

RIP Dolores O'Riordan. :cry:

God, I'd rep you if I could.

Did you guys know she was actually supposed to provide the vocals for that version? They were all set up to record her when she passed...

$1:
O'Riordan died this year in London on the day she was set to record her vocals for the Bad Wolves version of her song. Following her death, the band released the track with just their vocals, with the plan to donate any proceeds to her four children.

The news was announced during their sold-out show at the Gramercy Theatre in New York on 20 June, with the donation accepted by O'Riordan's sons Donny Jr. and Taylor Burton, along with their father Don Burton - on behalf of all her children.

I was hating on the cover too, thinking that was shitty timing then I learned the rest of the story. I feel differently now...

xerxes @ Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:49 pm

Here's an odd one. The Offspring doing a cover of a "song" by Joe Exotic. It's actually a lot better IMO. The higher tempo makes it really catchy.

fifeboy @ Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:44 pm

We assume we have all heard the original:
[video] https://youtu.be/RT271KaT0Rk[/video]

xerxes @ Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:49 pm

Here's a great "supergroup cover of Anthem by Rush. Featuring:

Danny Carey (Tool) - Drums
Les Claypool - Bass
Bill Kelliher (Mastodon) - Guitar
Claudio Sanchez (Coheed and Cambria) - Vocals

Neil Peart sadly is no longer with us, but I can't think of anyone better to fill in for him than Danny Carey.

This is a prog rock/metal wet dream of a lineup right here. Les Claypool as always is sublime on the bass and Mill Keliher's solo is excellent too.

Also it shows just how damn good Rush are. It takes five very talented musicians to recreate what three Canadians could do. :rock:

DrCaleb @ Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:38 am

Thanos @ Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:43 pm

I can feel a big Ministry binge coming on. Nineties forever, mafackahs.......

Thanos @ Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:54 pm

Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7