Canada Kicks Ass
If you had to introduce 3 obscure bands to other CKA members

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Dayseed @ Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Jeff Martin, the dude from the Tea Party, is back with an all new band; The Armada. You can check 'em out at www.thearmada.com.

It's basically the Tea Party with a fresh coat of paint.

Rids @ Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Three bands...

Well for one: Jessica Ridley (country) - www.JessicaRidley.com or www.myspace.com/jessicaridleymusic

for two: Harmon (alt rock) - http://www.myspace.com/harmonband

for three: Jo Hikk (country) - www.johikk.com

Choban @ Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:47 pm

Gorillaz- Singer from Blur. They are a virtual band and have alot of guest apperances from mainstream musicians. They have a real Jazzy/Hip Hop mix kinda soud.

Ween- Love them, especially their songs "Piss Up A Rope", She F%^$s Me and the cover of Gin and Juice.

Long Beach Dub All Stars- What happened to Sublime when Brad Nowell died!

Wolfmother- They were pretty much unheard of until their song Woman made it on Guitar Hero

Infectious Grooves- Mike Muir from Suicidal Tendencies (I believe Robert Trujillo from Metallica/Suicidal played for them too)

And just for fun though not a band, Sepultura did one of their songs "Roots Bloody Roots" with Pavorotti, it's hard to find but fun to listen to.

Zipperfish @ Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:51 pm

Choban Choban:
Gorillaz- Singer from Blur. They are a virtual band and have alot of guest apperances from mainstream musicians. They have a real Jazzy/Hip Hop mix kinda soud.

Ween- Love them, especially their songs "Piss Up A Rope", She F%^$s Me and the cover of Gin and Juice.

Long Beach Dub All Stars- What happened to Sublime when Brad Nowell died!

Wolfmother- They were pretty much unheard of until their song Woman made it on Guitar Hero

Infectious Grooves- Mike Muir from Suicidal Tendencies (I believe Robert Trujillo from Metallica/Suicidal played for them too)

And just for fun though not a band, Sepultura did one of their songs "Roots Bloody Roots" with Pavorotti, it's hard to find but fun to listen to.

Blur was awesome. Masters of catchy songs! I'llhave to look into that one.

I used to be a huge Suicidal Tendencies fan. I still crank "Emotion #13" every now adn then.

Pimpbrewski @ Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:20 pm

Obliveon
Voivod
Alibis

Choban @ Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Pimpbrewski Pimpbrewski:
Obliveon
Voivod
Alibis

Voivod is awsome and Canadian too, they did a wicked cover of Floyd's Astronomy Domine!

llama66 @ Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Sigur Ros

Eva Cassidy

Dirty Three

Tricks @ Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:44 pm

Godsmack, it's not really obscure, but I figure if gorrilaz is obscure enough...

Choban @ Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:18 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Godsmack, it's not really obscure, but I figure if gorrilaz is obscure enough...

Godsmack rocks, When they opened for Metallica in Calgary 2 years ago they had 2 drum kits onstage and the singer got on one and played a drum duet with the drummer, the best sounding drum shit I've ever heard!

Obscure M.I.A.-Paper Planes (maybe not too obscure anymore as she just won a grammy)

TattoodGirl @ Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Gravis....great Metal band out of Vancouver...I am a little biased though... :wink:

www.myspace.com/gravisband

xerxes @ Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:00 am

Here's a bunch of Geordie's called Maximo Park:

Bat for Lashes (and odd name but some really trippy music):

A pair of DJ's called NASA.

Monkeyman @ Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:16 am

I'll stick to stuff that's somewhat accessible.

Grady - playing TONIGHT at the Tattoo Rock Parlour. I will be there.

Cynic

Biffy Clyro

Wada @ Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:18 pm

One of my friends young fella, Garrett Mason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPrvhENa ... re=related

Blue_Nose @ Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Wada Wada:
One of my friends young fella, Garrett Mason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPrvhENa ... re=related

From my hometown! We hung out with a lot of the same people, though he was a few years ahead of me in school.

Wada @ Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:22 pm

also Wintersleep http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-iW0zL2LI0

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next