Canada Kicks Ass
Rage Against the Machine to Reunite!

xerxes @ Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:55 am

Confirmed: Rage Against The Machine To Reunite In 2020, Headline Coachella

$1:
Christmas has come early for rock fans. One day after My Chemical Romance announced they will reunite for one night in Los Angeles, December 20, Rage Against The Machine announced a series of dates for 2020, including Indio, California on the two weekends Coachella 2020 has been announced.

The dates were announced under the radar this morning on their social media. Wayne Kamemoto, a longtime associate of the band just said, "The band's social media is accurate."

The iconic band, who formed in 1991, haven't played together since their 2011 L.A. Rising show at the Los Angeles Coliseum. In May of 2016, guitarist Tom Morello, drummer Brad Wilk and bassist Tim Commerford teamed with Public Enemy's Chuck D and Cypress Hill's B-Real for Prophets Of Rage.

Frontman Zack de la Rocha, who last released solo material in 2016, has reportedly been working on new solo music for some time.

At the time Prophets Of rage formed, Morello and others involved with the new supergroup expressed publicly they were forming the new group in response to the 2016 presidential election. So it is surely no coincidence that Rage, who first reunited in 2007, a year before the 2008 election, are coming back for a series of dates, starting in El Paso, Texas, March 26, 2020, eight months before the 2020 election.

Nor is it likely coincidence that thus far all the dates that have been announced are in the Southwest and near border towns.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebaltin/2019/11/01/confirmed-rage-against-the-machine-to-reunite-in-2020-headline-coachella/#6ce34bdf12b1

This has been a good year for rock fans.

- New Tool album
- My Chemical Romance returns
- Rage Against The Machine returns
- New Slipknot album
- New Ozzy album confirmed
- Metallica announces insane festival shows

DrCaleb @ Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:13 am

:rock:

llama66 @ Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:16 am

stratos @ Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:31 pm

:rock:

Thanos @ Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:49 pm

Is getting ranted at by someone as obnoxious as de la Rocha something that needs to make a comeback, or to be celebrated? :?

xerxes @ Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:24 pm

Better him than some air headed pop diva. Plus, Tom Morello is responsible for some of the most scorching riffs of my generation.

Thanos @ Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:29 pm

Their best song was Renegades Of Funk and that's because the lyrics were by George Clinton, not Zach. I loved Audioslave but RATM always leaves me cold. Don't like being yelled at by some wealthy Marxists, I guess.

xerxes @ Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:47 pm

Yeah I kinda know what you mean. My politics have certainly moved past theirs but I still like their music.

Though, their video for Bombtrack always pissed me off, as monstrous as the opening riff is.

Thanos @ Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:53 pm

I do put Renegades as one of the greatest rock covers of all time. Commerford's bass just shredded on that track, making him IMO one of the best bassists of all time on the same level as Peter Hook or Les Claypool.

rickc @ Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:55 pm

I am totally opposed to their politics, but their music is like a Sunday punch to your face. Bulls on parade may be the best use of a wah wah pedal ever!!! Some of the most amazing scratching I have ever heard and yet no one is using a turntable!!! Every time I hear this song, I want to start tossing empty beer kegs through a third story window.

rickc @ Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:09 pm

Who can forget this awesome moment in music history? I was hoping the damn thing would tip over on live tv. This is what rock and roll was all about when it started back in the day, and what it should be about today: the youth of the world giving the middle finger to the powers that be. That is the heart of rock and roll. It is sadly lacking in todays music.

rickc @ Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:32 pm

In todays ultra PC world full of safe spaces for everyone, I seriously doubt that Down Rodeo would ever be played on the radio.

Thanos @ Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:48 pm

Correction. This was Afrika Baambaata's invincible creation. I thought it was originally by Parliament Funkadelic.

First heard this on an old mega-bass system. Been in love with it ever since. Just fucking shreds! :rock:

Speaking about Baambaata for another second, because he's a genuine motherfuckin' genius who deserves nothing but praise from everyone, this is one of the greatest hard edge songs from the 1980's that he did in partnership with Johnny Rotten. As fucking prophetic as what Matt Johnson was doing around the same time with The The and what Rage would do later on in the 1990's and 00's:

Longer HQ version here: