Canada Kicks Ass
Taylor Swift fans

tritium @ Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:49 pm

Is there any Taylor Swift fans here?? (that's a country music singer) :wink:

http://www.gactv.com/gac/ar_az_taylor_swift <<- New Video out on GAC TV.

Tricks @ Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:53 pm

Yup.

DerbyX @ Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:07 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Yup.

You a country fan? 8O

Say it ain't so! :wink:

westmanguy @ Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:14 pm

I like her song, "Teardrops on My Guitar", gives me chills everytime.

ShepherdsDog @ Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:13 pm

First I've heard of her. I watched a couple of videos on YouTube and found her to be pretty cookie cutter. She's cute, but nothing about her really stands out, especially her voice, and being generic doesn't take you too far.

tritium @ Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:14 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
First I've heard of her. I watched a couple of videos on YouTube and found her to be pretty cookie cutter. She's cute, but nothing about her really stands out, especially her voice, and being generic doesn't take you too far.

How about the fact that she writes all her own music and she's what, 16 or 17 years old. That's not cookie cutter, that's brilliant.

http://www.shoutmouth.com/index.php/new ... _seriously

wildrosegirl @ Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:29 pm

Awwwwwww geeez.... of all threads to trip over.

If anyone loves country music it's me.

Taylor Swift is a very talented song writer (irregardless of her age), and I'll give her all the credit in the world for her achievements there, but honestly - I find her to be a mediocre vocalist. I really don't think she'll make the long haul as an artist.

I think once all of the "child star" hype dies down, she'll make her living as a writer.

CrazyCanuck007 @ Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:11 pm

didn't know she was a country singer til i opened the thread....

i'll close it now...

novachick @ Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:22 am

proudcanukchick proudcanukchick:
Awwwwwww geeez.... of all threads to trip over.

If anyone loves country music it's me.

Taylor Swift is a very talented song writer (irregardless of her age), and I'll give her all the credit in the world for her achievements there, but honestly - I find her to be a mediocre vocalist. I really don't think she'll make the long haul as an artist.

I think once all of the "child star" hype dies down, she'll make her living as a writer.

Agreed, while her lyrics are very well done, her musical range is limited. I find every song tends to sound the same.

novachick @ Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:23 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
Tricks Tricks:
Yup.

You a country fan? 8O

Hey now Babycakes I'm going to have to call off ummmm ferret hunting with you if you don't like country music 8O :P

Tricks @ Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:10 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
Tricks Tricks:
Yup.

You a country fan? 8O

Indeed I am. There are few kinds of lyrics I do not like.