Canada Kicks Ass
$1,500 Residential School Damage Award Appealed by the Feds

Previous  1  2

Pathos @ Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:39 pm

$1:
Oh, and by the way, I know what your about to say...that your friend is a Native or your grandmother was part Iroquois.
very intuitive of you...but wrong

$1:
Who cares, I feel sorry for the Native friends of racists like you...
meh...there appears to be a consistent group on this forum who yell racist and bigot every time a dissenting remark is made...doesnt make for a good argument regardless of which side you support

$1:
Let me refresh your memory, your whole country is built on Indian land. Why would I have to pay rent on something that has always been mine?
let me refresh your obviously biased and failing memory...you did once inhabit the land..you sold it...or had it taken from you...inother words...its no longer yours

$1:
Also, many treaties that were signed under coercion or fraudulently for whatever reason.
thats the usual cry from someone who feels wronged...write to action line..maybe tony cote can resolve you to many to count issues

$1:
You perceive that we have no pride because you place no value in people who are different from you.
a man with no agrument tells another how he views...not surprising coming from you..let me set the record straight...i perceive a lack of pride based on the sorry state of the natives ive seen in towns, cities and reserves across this country..why would they work when absolutely everything is handed to them..you are your own worst enemy...you no doubt find solace in pointing the accusing fingers of hate, racism, bigotry at people like me who tend not to be politically correct...

$1:
My kids go to school and come home after hearing things like this from their friends, the kids of nearsighted racists like yourself, and we have to explain to them where these prejudices come from.
are you a complete idiot or what donny brasco...what answer do you provide...similar to the trashy tripe you posted here..lets pray they dont follow in theyre ancestors footsteps

$1:
Like, talk about a backward racist comment!
whatever that is

$1:
So we don’t need your lectures or your “get over it”s.
actually..yes you do...and more

$1:
Why not promote some positive change and teach your kids and your communities about the real history of Canada.
by your interpretation...dont think so

to many epithets of racism..bigotry...xenophobia..etc..you obviously have had your feathers ruffled and need to calm down

Donny_Brasco @ Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:11 am

Pathos Pathos:
$1:
Let me refresh your memory, your whole country is built on Indian land. Why would I have to pay rent on something that has always been mine?
let me refresh your obviously biased and failing memory...you did once inhabit the land..you sold it...or had it taken from you...inother words...its no longer yours

That’s funny...I could swear there was a plot of land with my band's name on it called a reserve somewhere. I can also recall a $100 million dollar payout from the government for one of our land claims. That’s so we don't sue your Canadian asses off in court for 3 or 4 times that. You think that's charity money, its not. You think the government isn't stacked full of lawyers telling them to settle up before you get sued so bad we'll own this whole country again? They are. And guess who gets to foot the bill...you do, either way. So don't go tell me about sold or taken away. These are your own laws that we are using to assert our right to the land.

Pathos Pathos:
i perceive a lack of pride based on the sorry state of the natives ive seen in towns, cities and reserves across this country

well, maybe you should visit a Pow-wow or one of our cultural gatherings. Maybe you should come to our schools and see our kids being taught our languages. Maybe you should stop looking down on people and start looking across at them. Its easy to find the bad in people when thats all your looking for. WE ARE VERY PROUD TO BE INDIANS!

[quote="Pathos]are you a complete idiot or what donny brasco[/quote]

I think your calling the kettle black again. Who do you think teaches your kids to tell our kids they are "Fucking Indians". Kids are not born racists. Kids learn from their parents, parents who think that see Indians like:
$1:
ive seen the drunkenness, assorted drug abuse, lackluster people without hope of a future and its frightening that a nation so once proud has been reduced to what many see as the epitome of defeat

Like, quit hanging out in the seedy bars and skid row. Bring your kids to a cultural celebration where they can see real, proud hard working Indian people celebrating and living like normal human beings.

I think the one who needs to get over it is YOU. We're not going away. We'll continue to do our own thing and practice our own culture and traditions with our without your permission.

If you are unable to grasp the true history of this country and live up to the promises contained in the treaties and in your laws then your life is going to continue to be miserable and unhappy.

If the only thing your willing to teach you children is that "white is right" then shame on you. You are a pathetic excuse for a Canadian.

I'd like to put you through what my 27 year old girlfriend suffered through in Residential School, we'll see how quickly you'll want to get over it yourself.

Gonzo @ Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:18 am

I can say the same thing about white people. Since moving to Victoria all I see is white trash, people with mullets riding old ten speed bicycles smoking at the same time. They yell and swear at there kids in public, trying to get a refund on some junk they bought a year ago so they can go buy some smokes. They have an air of defeat. Wait. I'm white too. I dont have an air of defeat.
Neither do Natives. I've been to pow wows. I've gone to the British Columbia museum and seen there history. If anything, Natives of Canada are doing a good job preserving there culture and history.
The suicide rate in Canada is highest among Native men. This is something that I havent seen any political leader talk about in a long time. Maybe there is a problem like this because of there land being taken away, forced to live on 3rd world condition reserves, and being sexualy abused by catholic teachers. How tough would you be?

Previous  1  2