Canada Kicks Ass
$11,000 Generator helps keep Quebec in Canada

RUEZ @ Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:07 am

Geez this crap makes me angry. Another sponsorship screwup. When will the people of this country wake up and boot out the idiot politicians that let this happen. What does a generator have to do with keeping Quebec in Canada?

ofaolain @ Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:09 pm

I think that alot of what is going on here will be swept under the rug since the man who was signing these cheques at the time is now running or fine nation.

AdamNF @ Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:54 am

The federal government should forcefully abolish the separatist party in QB and prosicute all its members as trators. In no other place in the world will you find a country willing to deal with trators buy handing them your money.

Streaker @ Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:50 pm

Godz46 and AdamNF: Wow!..you guys are both totally out to lunch on this.
Oh Christ...where to begin...

Adam: Are you serious about "forcefully" abolishing the PQ? I'm no fan of the PQ or separatists but this is a democracy, right? As for your second point,
the money from the sponsorship programme was actually going to fight the separatists, O.K.? You can carp all you want about the waste and mismanagement of the programme and I will be in complete agreement with you, but if you think that Quebec separatists were getting rich off the sponsorship programme you're deluding yourself...

Godz46: Since when was the sponsorship programme about appeasing separatists? Man, you've got it totally backwards! It was, in fact, one of the few instances of the federal government trying to directly counter separatist propaganda. Need I remind you that for at least a couple of decades the federal approach was to ignore separatist propaganda and hope that it would eventually just go away? Well, look where that approach got us: the separatists nearly won the '95 referendum. Do you think that the Clarity Act is another instance of appeasing separatists? It is irresponsible of you to go shooting your mouth off like that when you are not sufficiently aware of the facts. and your ignorance of this subject is especially distressing given that you live in Montreal-you have no excuse for being so oblivious to political realities in Quebec.

Optinum @ Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:14 am

lets the bird go!!! or meaby the best counter-separatist propanga should be translate the beer ''i am canadians'' to ''je suis canadiens'' :arrow: yeah right :) or better.. burn all french-home in quebec just like after the patriot revolt.

but the best is to stop the quebec bashing and stop consider quebec as a person and promoting canada unity with english-french.

Dan74 @ Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:47 am

When the PEOPLE of Quebec stop acting like lil brats and cry over every lil thing that they feel is a attempt to rob them of their culture.(whatever the hell that is,surrendering maybe)Than the rest of Canada will stop treating them like 4 year olds

Optinum @ Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:45 am

that what did you learn from the media?

constitution or statut quo? :roll:

Dan74 @ Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:35 am

I am much too rightwing for the Canadian Media and really hate CNN.
All I got is newspapers that are a little too left for me but The Toronto Sun has Hot chicks but is a tabloid.Some good columnists I must give them that.
Besides the Media was begging Quebec too stay.I thought it was a joke the vote to seperate.
Quebec still wanted to use Canadian Money,Stamps and a few other things.oh and the politions still wanted their federal pension in Ottawa. :lol: :lol:
It would be funny if not so pathatic.

Optinum @ Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:46 am

how many time in a years that canadians news show Good news comming from quebec?

Dan74 @ Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:51 am

bout the same as Alberta

AdamNF @ Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:43 am

$1:
Adam: Are you serious about "forcefully" abolishing the PQ? I'm no fan of the PQ or separatists but this is a democracy, right? As for your second point,
the money from the sponsorship programme was actually going to fight the separatists, O.K.? You can carp all you want about the waste and mismanagement of the programme and I will be in complete agreement with you, but if you think that Quebec separatists were getting rich off the sponsorship programme you're deluding yourself...

Oh please. Don't give me the 'free country' routine. Hate speach and actions of hate are not legal. Becasue people are free doesnt give them the right to do whatever they want. I dont like most French people, seeing this is a free country i should be able to kill them on site if i want. :roll:

Optinum @ Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:21 am

so lets build a wall for newfie.
i dont like adamnf so im defenitly dont like the most newfie.

Streaker @ Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:29 am

...wow...Adam, with all due respect, your last post was deeply retarded.
You know as well as anyone that nobody in their right mind would support the decriminalisation of murder in the name of freedom! The argument you're trying to make here is completely specious!

Your suggestion that the PQ perpetrates hate speech and "actions of hate", whatever those are, is false. As an anglo Montrealer I have every reason to despise the PQ (and I pretty much do), but believe me, they are not as bad as you make them out to be...