Canada Kicks Ass
Charge Moore

1  2  3  Next

thirdEye @ Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:37 am

Charge Moore

He broke a law. Charge him.

Hopper @ Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:25 am

Ralph Nader suggested to Canadians the difficulties they would have if they elected a government who didn't offer the same protections for peoples basic human rights as well. Should we charge him as well?

Maybe Bush should get charged for invading Iraq without cause first - or Sharon for building that frigging wall - or Putin for the atrocities in Chechnya - or the Chinese for their human rights violations on the Tibetans...

In the big scheme of things, Moore's opinions won't sway a few voters to the Liberals - Harper did that all on his own......

Rev_Blair @ Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:14 am

Go ahead...I'm sure that $2000 fine will just break his heart.

Man these guys on the right are bitter about losing the election. They'll blame anybody but themselves. Wake up, boys and girls. The Conservatives lost because they do not represent the values of most Canadians.

twiztidklown @ Sun Jul 11, 2004 9:48 am

Geez, Is this for real? :roll:

they need to quit there bickering. I don't think Moore said anything more then what we allready knew about them (to my knowledge, i could be wrong?). Maybe he isn't canadian, but he does seem to spend sometime studying canada...America and Canada are both free countries with freedom of speech (to an extent) We all have opinions on the US government, and i'm sure some of us try to sway our neighbours to not vote Bush in the next American election.. the only difference is moore did it publicly..

DMP08 @ Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:59 pm

This is just they type of thikng that just bugs me. People will lose something/get feelings hurt or someting like that then they'll go out of their way to try and bring someone else down. Why doesn't his person just go, "Oh darn, we lost, better luck next time" But instead he's going "DAMN! We lost. All because of that Moore guy, he swayed every voter away from us"

Scape @ Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:41 am

Charge the bastard, I don't want Americans thinking they can use the podium to spout their view on how we should run our country during our election. Moore is a professional propagandist for the American Left and he knew full well what he was doing. He should be fined for his arrogance and if I hear free speech rights remind him of what side of the 49th he lives on. He is more than welcome to come up and share his side of the argument on any and every topic but piss off with the election. This will serve to be a shot across the bow to the left and right that some lines are not to be crossed.

Zenfisher @ Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:10 am

If he broke the law he should be charged.

Rev_Blair @ Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:15 am

$1:
I don't want Americans thinking they can use the podium to spout their view on how we should run our country during our election.

But we feel free to spout our views about them during their election.

I'm not saying he should't be charged...as I said make him pay a $2000 fine. So what? Seeing as how Cellucci was guilty of much the same thing, give him the fine too. Maybe we should track down all the CEOs whose companies tried to influence things too. We can fine them too.

I'm pretty sure that Moore is the only one who would pay his fine and move on though.

Milton @ Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:34 am

Well I am saying that he shouldn't be charged. Zenfisher, if you think the death penalty is an effective deterrent, have a look at the USA or do you work for a gas chamber company?

Zenfisher @ Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:56 am

I don't consider the death penalty to be a deterrent. You are missing the point of my signature. More to the point what does that have to do with Moore?

Any person who is not a citizen of that country,who is not a resident of that country, should not be trying to influence the outcome of an election. This applies to all democracies. If Moore either knowingly or unknowingly broke this law he should be charged.

This law is in place to prevent elections from being bought by other countries, corporations, or individuals that have a specific agenda that could do harm to Canada. All persons or companies that seek to subvert or influence in any country should be charged.

Don't get me wrong, I like Moore, I don't think that this was his intention. I think he was merely ignorant of the law. Even in the US that's not an excuse.

karra @ Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:08 pm

Charge him I say - throw away the key too! Subject him to truth verification indoctrination as well. Make him repay the dollars paid by the willingly duped masses at the box office.

Why I can actually remember Elections Canukistan charging bus companies that drove good people to Montreal during the last referendum - why the question just begs to be asked. . . . .

Rev_Blair @ Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:30 pm

It's a $2000 fine, Karra...not what ever freedom-hating bull you would choose to impose.

If Moore broke the law, let that be proven in court. Apply it equally though. Cellucci gave a speech or two, many CEOs expressed their preferences. Let's put them on trial too. Up there in public with their cheque books hanging out.

karra @ Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:42 pm

$1:
Cellucci gave a speech or two, many CEOs expressed their preferences. Let's put them on trial too. Up there in public with their cheque books hanging out.

Yes indeed - never any specifics - simply simple rants about vague vagaries - I 'spose if we follow your desires we may as well start rounding up you and other non-entities too numerous to name on this hate-filled fora of America and its fine citizens.

Typically you continue to confuse free speech with lies, lies, more lies and double standards - nothing new attol, si?

So you want access to their check booques too dew ewe? Silly question and quite rhetorical. Of course you do. Always in search of the free ride that never arrives. . . .

Rev_Blair @ Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:39 pm

:roll:

polemarch1 @ Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:28 pm

Charge him.

Rev if your worried about Cellucci and co. start your own petition or what not.

1  2  3  Next