Canada Kicks Ass
ELECTION 2021 - Trudeau calls federal election

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 30  Next

housewife @ Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:16 pm

So far I’m not really liking anyone. My riding is conservative and there’s a conservative sign on my lawn so I will probably just hold my nose and vote for them. I can’t vote for trudoop and no way can I vote ndp. The rhinos is just a waisted vote. So unless something really really stupid happens I will stay in my rut

Zipperfish @ Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:52 pm

I'm in a Conservative rural riding (for the first time; been a city slicker all my days).

I was going to vote for the party that gave the most to the military. Because we're going to need them the way things are going.

llama66 @ Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:03 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I'm in a Conservative rural riding (for the first time; been a city slicker all my days).

I was going to vote for the party that gave the most to the military. Because we're going to need them the way things are going.

Sadly, Military neglect (and mismanagement) is a proud Federal Government Tradition practiced by both the Right and the Left in this country.

herbie @ Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:50 pm

Everyons says there shouldn't be an election now, it's inconvenient.
Simply write my name as a candidat on your ballot and check it. If I win in 170 ridings, I will guarantee that you'll never be bothered having to go out and vote again. That's a promise I will keep buahh hah hah....

CDN_PATRIOT @ Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:54 pm

Most people: "*We want equal and fair representation, and responsible government!"
Also most people: *spoil ballots* *don't vote* *vote for tiny 'parties' outside the big
three and then wonder what happened*

Can't have it both ways.

My opinion has always been this: If you spoil a vote or do not vote at all, you don't have the right to complain or bitch about anything. Period.

People in some parts of the world DIE for their right to vote and have some sort of democracy, and yet too many people on this side of the world take it for fucking granted and then bitch and moan that either the wrong people got in, and/or nothing gets done.

:evil:

-J.

herbie @ Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:03 pm

Speaking of rural, my Hillbilly friend is voting Tory because Trudeau won't let him carry handguns across the border or to gun shows anymore.
I pointed out that if we had a plebiscite 80% of canadians would probably vote to lock you up without trial if you were even seen with a handgun. Single issues, like guns in a country the NRA doesn;t own all the politicians are losers.
He went on about how when he lived in Manitoba his gun club got together and they tossed that gun control Kim Campbell right out of office.
There was no point continuing the conversation.
He went back to discussing how 'all he had to do' was pull the engine from the old van abandoned in the weeds, drop it into his dead 1990 Dodge, cut the 5th wheel assembly from the bed of the other abandon parts truck and maybe find a supercab and shortbox to swap onto it - then he could drive 1200 miles to Alberta and retrieve the 5th wheel that's been sitting in his kid's yard for 6 years and fix the roof and insises.
Hyuk hyukk....

Thanos @ Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:32 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Tricks Tricks:
Conservatives too stuck in the 1950s.

So it comes down to the liberals, NDP and Greens I guess. Will have to hear their platforms.

The way the Greens have been behaving over an assistant expressing some free speech over Israel, I don't think they will ever be a viable party for me again.

The Greens are hard-left extremist assholes. Always have been, always will be.

llama66 @ Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:13 pm

$1:
My opinion has always been this: If you spoil a vote or do not vote at all, you don't have the right to complain or bitch about anything. Period.

I think that's an incorrect view, and the exact reason we have such piss-poor leaders. Voting for the least incompetent or least repugnant candidate validates this cycle of mediocrity.

Would you eat a piss-poor dish at a high end restaurant? You'd send it back. Which is what we have to do with this current pathetic bunch.

You want a good leader? Demand it, don't just mindlessly vote for the scraps the cat dragged in.

Scape @ Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:32 pm

Spoiling the ballot is still exercising your will. Not voting at all is not.

The biggest problem in my mind to the modern political movements in western countries today is tribalism. They will justify and excuse any action so long as they are on the same team and if you are not no-hold are barred and there is zero scruples. This means honest intellectual debate is impossible as it is debased before it can even begin. There are no set ground rules for anyone to agree upon and agreeing upon anything is seen as a betrayal to the tribe as it gives an advantage to someone not of the tribe.

The outcome is nothing can be agreed upon and the loudest voices in the room control the narrative. This creates a house of cards that will crumble at the merest pushback when reality set in. AKA Afghanistan policy.

herbie @ Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:28 pm

Been saying for years: the Greens aren't left or right. More like up/down
Don't care if you're socially conservative or liberal. Don't care who runs the economy so long as it's regulated to environmental extremes.
Which is completely different than regulated to best serve the public. the modern limp wristed Dipper compromise

Thanos @ Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:39 pm

That the Greens open anti-Semitism and support for Islamist terrorist groups doesn't get more attention from the national press is just another example of the Canadian media dropping the ball. Wanting Israel destroyed and "Palestine" turned into another wretched Muslim theocracy run by the likes of Hamas and Hezbollah is something that matters to a lot of people in their election decisions. It shouldn't be hidden with half-assed coverage along the lines of "oh, the Greens like the environment and all the other parties hate it".

Thanos @ Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:56 pm

fifeboy @ Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:48 pm

llama66 llama66:
fifeboy fifeboy:
llama66 llama66:
I'll be either voting for myself, spoiling the ballet, or worst case... voting for my cat.

What breed?

She's a Bombay Smoke. Black overcoat, white undercoat.

Sounds like my truck

herbie @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:45 am

I like the Tool's daycare plan. Tax credits, So 1983.
Just like his 1983 climate plan.
And he'll create jobs by helping your Boss. Not you.
Allowing unvaxxed candidates is another good one.
But amazingly, 24 hours into the election - no promise of new unconstitutional Crime Bills every day of his term of office.

DrCaleb @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:20 am

Thanos Thanos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Tricks Tricks:
Conservatives too stuck in the 1950s.

So it comes down to the liberals, NDP and Greens I guess. Will have to hear their platforms.

The way the Greens have been behaving over an assistant expressing some free speech over Israel, I don't think they will ever be a viable party for me again.

The Greens are hard-left extremist assholes. Always have been, always will be.

Never have been, can't say they never will be*.

https://www.greenparty.ca/en/our-vision

Nothing there is different than any other party, except the little bits about wanting to continue with the species and not wiping ourselves out with a climate disaster.

*We really need a party that will get very authoritarian on the climate file. No one else will.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 30  Next