Canada Kicks Ass
ELECTION 2021 - Trudeau calls federal election

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 30  Next

DrCaleb @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:22 am

llama66 llama66:
$1:
My opinion has always been this: If you spoil a vote or do not vote at all, you don't have the right to complain or bitch about anything. Period.

I think that's an incorrect view, and the exact reason we have such piss-poor leaders. Voting for the least incompetent or least repugnant candidate validates this cycle of mediocrity.

Would you eat a piss-poor dish at a high end restaurant? You'd send it back. Which is what we have to do with this current pathetic bunch.

You want a good leader? Demand it, don't just mindlessly vote for the scraps the cat dragged in.

R=UP

And if you think that the current crop of mouth breathers is sub standard - run for office yourself.

DrCaleb @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:27 am

Thanos Thanos:
That the Greens open anti-Semitism and support for Islamist terrorist groups doesn't get more attention from the national press is just another example of the Canadian media dropping the ball. Wanting Israel destroyed and "Palestine" turned into another wretched Muslim theocracy run by the likes of Hamas and Hezbollah is something that matters to a lot of people in their election decisions. It shouldn't be hidden with half-assed coverage along the lines of "oh, the Greens like the environment and all the other parties hate it".

What world are you living in?

https://www.greenparty.ca/en/content/stub-81

And the rift in the Green party was started by a couple members exercising their right to express an opinion.

$1:
The dust-up kicked off after Green MP Jenica Atwin directly challenged Leader Annamie Paul's position on the crisis. In a Twitter post last month, she said a statement from Paul calling for de-escalation and a return to dialogue was "totally inadequate."

"I stand with Palestine and condemn the unthinkable airstrikes in Gaza. End Apartheid!" Atwin wrote on May 11.

$1:
"We will work to defeat you and bring in progressive climate champions who are antifa and pro LGBT and pro indigenous sovereignty and Zionists!!!!!" he said in the post, which he told The Canadian Press was meant as a response to the Green MPs as well as the broader issue.

The internal rift has only widened in the week and a half since a tenuous ceasefire was reached in the 11-day war that killed more than 250 people, mostly Palestinians.

The fallout includes online accusations from prominent Green party members, such as 2020 leadership runner-up Dimitri Lascaris, who says Zatzman has defamed him, Atwin and Manly by accusing them of antisemitism.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/green-p ... -1.5451232

The Green Party is not Anti Semitic, but some of it's members may be.

Shades of 'Reform party members are racist'.

DrCaleb @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:37 am

herbie herbie:
I like the Tool's daycare plan. Tax credits, So 1983.

And creating a tax credit makes for a more complicated infrastructure that people have to navigate in order to get the credit, and the red tape ends up costing more than just giving the money to people to begin with.

This is also the Conservative plan for child care, to ensure the people who need it can't afford it.

Bigger government, less effective seems to be their way.

housewife @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:55 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Most people: "*We want equal and fair representation, and responsible government!"
Also most people: *spoil ballots* *don't vote* *vote for tiny 'parties' outside the big
three and then wonder what happened*

Can't have it both ways.

My opinion has always been this: If you spoil a vote or do not vote at all, you don't have the right to complain or bitch about anything. Period.

People in some parts of the world DIE for their right to vote and have some sort of democracy, and yet too many people on this side of the world take it for fucking granted and then bitch and moan that either the wrong people got in, and/or nothing gets done.

:evil:

-J.

I don’t know about everyone else but I’m just blowing off steam!! And yes I’m in the he’s got to go but not right now group mostly because I think we should be trying to get a handle on everything not adding new problems. Imho I think it was dangerous and selfish to call an election now. And yes I would like to vote rhino or for someone here but I won’t. I also don’t want my neighbourhood in my grandson school gym to vote! Young kids don’t have the option of vaccinations let’s not expose them to more than we have to

Zipperfish @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:54 am

I don't think the Greens are quite ready for prime time. They can't even govern their own small party.

DrCaleb @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:50 am

They have definitely stepped backward.

herbie @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:06 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
herbie herbie:

And creating a tax credit makes for a more complicated infrastructure that people have to navigate in order to get the credit, and the red tape ends up costing more than just giving the money to people to begin with.

This is also the Conservative plan for child care, to ensure the people who need it can't afford it.

If you can afford daycare, we'll give you some of the money back next year.
And that ONE MONTH exemption from the GST, boy that will sure help. You could take treat kids to McDonalds. Once.

DrCaleb @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:30 am

Taking kids to McChokeandPuke should be considered abuse.

xerxes @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:50 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
herbie herbie:

Not to mention it’s wholly inadequate. That credit is good for like three months worth of daycare. It’s better than nothing but it’s a tired old policy yet again from the Tories.

bootlegga @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:22 pm

llama66 llama66:
$1:

I think that's an incorrect view, and the exact reason we have such piss-poor leaders. Voting for the least incompetent or least repugnant candidate validates this cycle of mediocrity.

Would you eat a piss-poor dish at a high end restaurant? You'd send it back. Which is what we have to do with this current pathetic bunch.

You want a good leader? Demand it, don't just mindlessly vote for the scraps the cat dragged in.

Yep, it is my right to decide what I want in a party, and if they don't give it to me, then I can tell them to fuck off however I choose to.

The problem is not people, it's an antiquated system that does a terrible job of electing candidates.

I live in an area where it doesn't matter who I vote for because the Conservative will ALWAYS get 60% of the vote. So if I'm not a Conservative supporter, where's my incentive to vote? It just feels like I'm wasting an hour of my day to drive to the polls, stand in line, get my ID validated, stand in another line, vote, then drive back home.

It's a disincentive for non-conservatives in most of western Canada and conservatives in large urban centres to vote, because they often feel like their vote means nothing in the whole scheme of things.

If politicians actually wanted higher voter turnout, they'd bring in some form of PR, but that won't happen because it would mean they actually have to do a good job and govern for the people, instead of their supporters and friends.

I can say right now that I won't spoil my ballot in the federal election, but I certainly will be doing it in the Mickey Mouse 'Senate election' Alberta is holding later this fall.

DrCaleb @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:05 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
I can say right now that I won't spoil my ballot in the federal election, but I certainly will be doing it in the Mickey Mouse 'Senate election' Alberta is holding later this fall.

Same for me with the 'daylight time' question, if there is no 'standard' option.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/sleep-exp ... -1.5161957

JaredMilne @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:31 pm

I haven't decided who I'm voting for yet, but then like DrCaleb, Boots and Thanos I live in a riding where as the saying goes a fence post could get elected if it was painted Tory blue.

I'm going purely off gut instinct here, without looking at polls, but I wouldn't be surprised if this election leaves us right back where we started. Trudeau would win, but he only gets a minority government and O'Toole and/or Singh gain at his expense. The Greens potentially implode for particularly stupid reasons which don't even have anything to do with Canadian issues.

At the end of the day, people wonder what the hell we spent several hundred million dollars on the election and no one is satisfied with the result. Justin Trudeau loses some political capital because he still couldn't get a majority, while O'Toole and/or Singh gain some when their parties do better than expected.

Thanos @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:25 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

The real one, where the hard-left has as many anti-Semetic creeps in their ranks as the crazy right does. And all of this was convincingly illustrated by Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party in Britain, which is held out as a "could have been a great government for the people!" by far too many Canadians in both the federal NDP and Greens. That Green who crossed the floor to join the Trudeau Liberals? She was one of the worst Israel-bashers in the Green ranks, and Trudeau is going to have trouble with her because if pressed hard enough I doubt she'll be able to keep her mouth shut even if her doing so was part of the deal for her changing parties. The left is no different than the right in far too many ways, and that especially includes in only being able to make the real haters stifle themselves for a limited amount of time before they pop and spout of their real beliefs.

DrCaleb @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:22 pm

Thanos Thanos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

The real one, where the hard-left has as many anti-Semetic creeps in their ranks as the crazy right does. And all of this was convincingly illustrated by Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party in Britain, which is held out as a "could have been a great government for the people!" by far too many Canadians in both the federal NDP and Greens. That Green who crossed the floor to join the Trudeau Liberals? She was one of the worst Israel-bashers in the Green ranks, and Trudeau is going to have trouble with her because if pressed hard enough I doubt she'll be able to keep her mouth shut even if her doing so was part of the deal for her changing parties. The left is no different than the right in far too many ways, and that especially includes in only being able to make the real haters stifle themselves for a limited amount of time before they pop and spout of their real beliefs.

You are talking individuals, but blaming parties. :idea:

If that MP were to spout her anti-Israel mouth, it would be hers, not the Liberal parties.

Thanos @ Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:33 pm

Elizabeth May hanging out with the wavers of the Hezbollah flags was enough for me to make up my mind. And what I believed got confirmed when Anamie Paul got backstabbed by those who want the anti-Israel position of the party to continue unchallenged.

The Greens are extremist assholes, period. Both the party itself and the bulk of it's membership & candidates. When someone tells you and shows you what they are, believe them.

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 30  Next