Canada Kicks Ass
Even Ralph Klein knows how to improve medicare

1  2  Next

SamIAm @ Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:04 pm

Ralph proved what the Conservatives have known for years that the public system and private system can help each other without harming one another. The Liberal pussies can't find anything wrong with this system so they hide away and look for other things to cry about. On the 23 I'm sure the Conservative Party will give them plenty to cry about when we get our majority. :D

Love Always,

Samantha

PluggyRug @ Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:42 pm

Avro Avro:
Interesting that we do not have one comment on this from either the right or left.

1st time I've seen it.

Sounds like it would work.
Little bit of common sense goes a long way.

I liked the Russian chicken analogy, it's absolutely correct.
I went to five (5) different hospital departments at Oshawa and Bowmanville to discover there was nothing serious.

2Cdo @ Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:17 pm

I've been saying this for years. Don't just throw money at a problem, try to spend the money you have in a responsible manner. But nnooo, nobody listens to the right wing guy, we have to wait until the lib-friendly Toronto Star prints it! :x
You surprise me that you support an idea offered by a, gasp, conservative government Avro, don't they kill kittens and eat babies? 8O Anyways if a provincial government can figure this out, why couldn't the liberals after 13 years come up with something like this? Oh, I remember they were cutting transfer payments to the provinces for medicare, courtesy of ,,,,,,,,, Paul Martin Minister of Finance!

2Cdo @ Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:14 pm

Lily I think it is an excellent job done by the provincial conservatives in Alberta, I'm just surprised that the anti-con Avro agreed with it! Never have I stated that only conservatives have good ideas but others on this site have routinely slammed at anything offered by right as "nonsense"! You read way too much into a simple statement of surprise that an anti-con would agree with a con idea.
Once again Avro referring to "open mind", he who has permanent blinders on. By the way awesome retort, did you sit and think all day to come up with "stinky". Good to see the meds are working, keep it up! :roll:

chsh @ Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:27 am

Something that's always bugged me about government is how little it's actually run like a company. Companies regularly undergo analysis and restructuring in order to make their operations more efficient. Why isn't it mandated that all levels of government do the same? It's our money they are ultimately using.

This just goes to show what a restructuring could do. 82 weeks to ~10 weeks! To put that in perspective, that's dropping wait times from about 1 1/2 years to just over 2 months.

Persiana @ Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:30 am

Avro Avro:
$1:
Alberta project reduced wait times
In an interim report last month, the government concluded that wait times dropped dramatically — from 82 weeks under the old system to 10.7 weeks in the new.

Toronto Star

A third way.

*low whistle*

That's a HUUUUUUUUUUGE drop!!!

Any Albertans out there (or anybody at all really) who has some kind of a beef with Ralph Klein??? Reason I'm asking is because as a BC'er stuck with Gordon Campbell (who I cannot stand) and watching the federal "scandals" and catastrophe's as of late, the success that Ralph Klein is having with Alberta really sticks out for me. REALLY sticks out. So far the things I've heard, I can't really find anything to complain about other than a valid point brought forth in the papers last summer, where he decided to give money back to the people who lived in Alberta, and they felt that while it was 'nice' that the money should be put towards other things within the province...

Good for Ralph Klein.

CamTheCat @ Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:19 am

http://www.ctv.ca/generic/WebSpecials/h ... klein.html

"...Klein is known for pushing the envelope when it comes to the delivery of health care. In 1994, the province experimented with allowing private clinics to charge user fees. Ottawa retaliated by fining the province $3.6 million. Klein dropped the fees..."

http://www.cbc.ca/story/election/nation ... 40617.html

"...Klein told reporters that on June 30 he will introduce reforms that will allow for more private health care options in Alberta..."

http://www.healthcoalition.ca/fom3.pdf

http://www.healthcoalition.ca/CUPE3e.pdf

The 'Third Way' has some benefits, but these are overshadowed by it's privatisation elements.

bootlegga @ Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:22 am

Persiana Persiana:
*low whistle*

That's a HUUUUUUUUUUGE drop!!!

Any Albertans out there (or anybody at all really) who has some kind of a beef with Ralph Klein??? Reason I'm asking is because as a BC'er stuck with Gordon Campbell (who I cannot stand) and watching the federal "scandals" and catastrophe's as of late, the success that Ralph Klein is having with Alberta really sticks out for me. REALLY sticks out. So far the things I've heard, I can't really find anything to complain about other than a valid point brought forth in the papers last summer, where he decided to give money back to the people who lived in Alberta, and they felt that while it was 'nice' that the money should be put towards other things within the province...

Good for Ralph Klein.

There are plenty of Albertans who have a beef with Klein. Ask people living in rural Alberta who got screwed by power deregulation or ask college/uni students whose tuition has jumped 300% in the decade he has run the province. Teachers, nurses, doctors, there are plenty of people that Klein pisses off on a near daily basis.

He has done some things right though.

I do like the privatized registries (anyone who used the old DMV knows what I'm talking about) but I'm not a fan of private liquor stores on every corner, even though they are open later and more often. I did like his 'prosperity' rebate, even though many others didn't. I also wish he'd charge more than 1% royalties on our oil though, because the Heritage Trust fund could be worth $100 billion, not just $13 Billion as it is now.

2Cdo @ Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:32 pm

Wow Avro, you can make funnies out of peoples names! :roll: Damn you're far to smart for us mere mortals! :roll:

1  2  Next