Canada Kicks Ass
GEORGIA ABSORBS IN NATO

1  2  Next

Tomass @ Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:03 am

The President of Georgia Giorgi Margvelashvili in an interview with the "Poland" radio expressed the hope that Warsaw will support Eurointegration aspirations of Tbilisi. He also intends to sign a Memorandum of cooperation with the President of Poland Andrzej Duda, who is in Georgia with a three-day visit.
Recently Duda has come up with an idea of a revival of the anti-Russian project GUAM (Georgia—Ukraine—Azerbaijan—Moldova) and again has called upon to let Kiev and Tbilisi join the NATO. Judging by the increased diplomatic dynamics in Georgian direction, the West and Poland, in particular, started to take Georgia in hand again.
But will this bring happiness to the Georgians? The expansion of NATO at the expense of the former Soviet Union space, including Georgia and Ukraine, is fraught with huge political and military risks associated with unsolved territorial disputes and socio-economic problems of the candidate countries.
Georgia's NATO membership will inevitably change the balance of power in the Caucasus region, which will negatively affect the security of Armenia and Azerbaijan. This can lead to the thawing of the Karabakh conflict, as each of the parties will take steps to ensure their own safety, taking into account changed environment, not to mention that Georgian society is not unanimous concerning NATO membership, that fact can cause internal division, as it has already happened in the Ukraine.
THE GEORGIANS WON’T BE HAPPY TO TURN THEIR COUNTRY INTO A SECOND UKRAINE
Foreign NGOs also consider Tbilisi membership of the North Atlantic alliance as a hasty question. The presence of the territorial disputes, corruption, discrimination of the national minorities, growing economic inequality can cause serious internal political conflicts and strike at the reputation of the NATO.
Tbilisi's joining to the alliance is categorically supported only by Washington, hoping to use the territory of Georgia to attack Iran. But Iran can give it back and hit the territory of Georgia. Georgians have something to think about before they go to the NATO.
Georgia has a strategically important location and the West is not averse to use it in their games. Thus, the disarmament channel of the countries participating ISAF in Afghanistan through Georgia, was used by NATO countries in order to fill Georgia with weapon and military equipment. Perhaps, for the further operation against Iran?
THE CIRCASSIAN QUESTION
For Americans, one way of loosening the situation in the Caucasu is the Circassian question. Unfortunately, Washington diplomacy managed to draw Georgia into these speculations. Tbilisi operates in cohesion with such American organizations as the Jamestown Foundation, USAID and a number of European NGOs.
Georgia violates its obligations concerning the repatriation of Meskhetian Turks, sabotaging the process of their return to the republic. Kvemo-Kartli Azerbaijanis living in the region faced with the oppression by the Georgian authorities and Baku pretends that nothing is happening, not wanting to spoil the relations with Tbilisi due to the presence of joint energy projects.
Few people are interested in the development of South Ossetia and Abkhazia as a stable and friendly States. Escalation of the anti-Russian policy in connection with the Circassian problem is also profitable for Turkey. For Turkey Abkhazia is a convenient bridgehead for reaching the North Caucasus and good opportunity to enhance its influence.
Ankara seeks to create its own lobby in Abkhazia, involving the Abkhazian officials into the implementation of the economic projects. For Ankara promising Abkhazian youth is a building material to create a Pro-Turkish elite. In addition, Turkish influence in Abkhazia is accompanied by the spread of Islam, though 64% of Abkhazians consider themselves Christians. Under discussion are plans concerning the construction of a mosque in Abkhazia on Turkish money. Who and how will preach there is not clear yet.

DrCaleb @ Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:32 am

Wow, you Putinistas aren't getting any smarter, are you?

And what does this incoherent rant have to do with Canadian Politics?

herbie @ Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:39 am

Stan and Josh Schmenge are outraged!

BartSimpson @ Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:40 am

Translation: Russia is getting ready to invade and annex Georgia so they need to use propaganda to justify the attack that they're planning.

CDN_PATRIOT @ Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:13 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Translation: Russia is getting ready to invade and annex Georgia so they need to use propaganda to justify the attack that they're planning.

Is there any concrete proof of this? I wouldn't be overly surprised if it did happen, but Russia is walking a fine line out there.

-J.

Thanos @ Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:20 pm

The MAGA's are all for it if it means a new Trump hotel gets built in Tblisi.

BartSimpson @ Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:41 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Is there any concrete proof of this? I wouldn't be overly surprised if it did happen, but Russia is walking a fine line out there.

-J.

The OP is certainly proof of the Russians running a psyop to garner Canadian sympathy for some sort of action against Georgia.

Given that their invasion of Georgia in 2008 was only turned around after the Georgians used a few Javelins to ronson some of their armor I think they'd have annexed Georgia back then.

I don't think Georgia is the actual objective. I think the objective is that by seizing Georgia then the Russians can put troops on the Turkish boarder to give the Turks a reason to pause before they continue their aggressions against Syria. Who knows? Georgia may even negotiate a Russia base to stave off a full invasion.

fifeboy @ Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:25 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

-J.

The OP is certainly proof of the Russians running a psyop to garner Canadian sympathy for some sort of action against Georgia.

Given that their invasion of Georgia in 2008 was only turned around after the Georgians used a few Javelins to ronson some of their armor I think they'd have annexed Georgia back then.

I don't think Georgia is the actual objective. I think the objective is that by seizing Georgia then the Russians can put troops on the Turkish boarder to give the Turks a reason to pause before they continue their aggressions against Syria. Who knows? Georgia may even negotiate a Russia base to stave off a full invasion.

I sure as hell hope not. Give them a vershok and they will take a versta!

BartSimpson @ Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:33 pm

Politics in that part of the world is insane by our standards. People will do the most self-defeating things and it somehow makes sense to them even if they end up dead for doing it.

xerxes @ Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:53 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Politics in that part of the world is insane by our standards. People will do the most self-defeating things and it somehow makes sense to them even if they end up dead for doing it.

The same can be said for all the Trump fan boys who are going to lose their health coverage in the name of MAGA

herbie @ Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:11 pm

Politics insane? Fuck you should try living in BC....

DrCaleb @ Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:35 am

herbie herbie:
Politics insane? Fuck you should try living in BC....

Pffft! Dude, BC is quite sensible compared to places like Romania or Albania. Like Bart says, they will do self defeating stuff there, even it it gets them killed.

BartSimpson @ Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:39 am

xerxes xerxes:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

The same can be said for all the Trump fan boys who are going to lose their health coverage in the name of MAGA

I keep saying this over and over:

Health insurance is not health care. Losing a health insurance plan that costs too much to actually use is not a loss at all.

Obamacare is health insurance but it was designed in such a way that only the absolutely destitute could use it. Working people are faced with monthly premiums of up to 800% higher than what they had before and their deductibles went up to as much as $10,000 per year....as if working people can afford that.

That's why Obamacare is going broke all over the USA and if you pulled your head out of your biased ass for just a minute you'd see this.

rickc @ Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:13 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
xerxes xerxes:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I keep saying this over and over:

Health insurance is not health care. Losing a health insurance plan that costs too much to actually use is not a loss at all.

Obamacare is health insurance but it was designed in such a way that only the absolutely destitute could use it. Working people are faced with monthly premiums of up to 800% higher than what they had before and their deductibles went up to as much as $10,000 per year....as if working people can afford that.

That's why Obamacare is going broke all over the USA and if you pulled your head out of your biased ass for just a minute you'd see this.

R=UP I would rep if I could!!!

BartSimpson @ Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:32 am

Also today: Senator Rand Paul is proposing an alternative law that instead of creating a government health insurance program will allow insurance companies to offer a functional health insurance plan for as little as $1 per day.

That's the kind of legislation we really need instead of this GOP idiocy that replaces a bad plan with another bad plan.

1  2  Next