Canada Kicks Ass
JWR Testifies

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Freakinoldguy @ Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:03 pm

Saskanna Saskanna:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Coach85 Coach85:
You're mixing words which is diluting your point.

Yeah, there's a lot of unnecessary bafflegab coming from the liberal side. I think of it as diversion.

When explained clearly the scandal is pretty basic.

That's who should be leading the CPC and our next Prime Minister! If only.

Interestingly enough, the sides seem to have been picked and are ready for battle.

$1:
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's former right-hand man has requested to testify at the House of Commons justice committee on the rapidly unfolding SNC-Lavalin affair.

Gerald Butts sent a letter to the committee's chair, Liberal MP Anthony Housefather, saying he believes his "evidence" will help the committee as it evaluates the explosive testimony it received Wednesday from former attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould.

He closed the message by saying he needs a "short period of time" to receive legal advice on that evidence.

So now I wait with bated breath for Mr. Butt's rebuttal to JWR's testimony and if I was a betting man I'd say that it's going to be completely contrary to what's been stated before and he'll be rebutting this accusation:

$1:
After Prince said that would amount to interference in the case, Butts allegedly told her "there is no solution that does not involve some interference.''

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2019/02/2 ... _23680898/

Unfortunately with this type of testimony it becomes nothing more than a he said she said type of kangaroo hearing and the only way we're ever going to know the truth is if there's a full blown RCMP investigation like Scheer wants. But, even then we may never truly know the full extent of the manipulation and corruption the Trudeau gov't participated in.

Freakinoldguy @ Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:16 pm

martin14 martin14:
Mowich Mowich:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
I honestly believe this whole scandal is being manipulated behind the scenes by the unseen power part of the Liberal Party who, like most of Canada have become more than a little disturbed at the antics of the self serving monster they put into power. And because of this concern they and JWR made the decision to sacrifice Trudeau on the alter of political scandal so they can find someone new and unsullied by this administrations controversies to run in the next federal election.

Well, Freakin' this is most certainly a different take on the scandal and a very interesting one at that. I guess time will tell whether it is right or not.

The lieberals have no one to put in place of Dopey who will not have been touched
by this typical leftie scandal.

And that was the point of my first post. This debacle along with the Norman controversy isn't going to leave alot of survivors. But remember, JWR has had designs on becoming the PM since the 1980's and her dad even went on TV when talking to Trudeau Sr and said as much. So, this whole SNC Lavalin affair might just be a palace coup orchestrated by the Liberal power brokers that's designed to remove socks and replace him with someone more amenable like that nice native lady who he so badly mistreated. ROTFL

Think about it, Trudeau's lost his voter base. So, nothing would get more of the politically correct left wing votes back to the Liberal fold than running a woman, especially if she's a native. Hey it's a chance for them to "make history" (ala Camelot in America) by electing the first woman and the first native to Canada's highest office and given most of them are so vapid they could care less about the questions of potential past digressions it's a perfect fit.

N_Fiddledog @ Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:29 pm

I wasn't paying particular attention but I was reading something that seemed to suggest if Trudeau is ousted Chrystia Freeland takes over. Any truth to that?

Is there any line of succession in Canadian politics? Like with the Americans it's Trump to Pence to Pelosi.

Freakinoldguy @ Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:41 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
I wasn't paying particular attention but I was reading something that seemed to suggest if Trudeau is ousted Chrystia Freeland takes over. Any truth to that?

Is there any line of succession in Canadian politics? Like with the Americans it's Trump to Pence to Pelosi.

I would have thought that it would be the Deputy PM but apparently there's no line of succession in Canada so my guess would be that the Party could put anyone they wanted into the PM's position.

So that fact may just give even more credence to my JWR shooting for the moon with the backing of the power brokers theory. ROTFL

Saskanna @ Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:08 pm

https://youtu.be/sjC1LnGtBq4

Coach85 @ Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:29 pm

BeaverFever BeaverFever:

I never said it was “right”. I just said that words like “corruption” and “criminal” are over the top. Even JWR said it wasn’t criminal.

They aren't over the top. When you break it down, it looks terrible. Corruption, criminal, obstruction, etc.

1. SNC lobbys the government for the last 3-4 years to change the criminal code to add DPA's.
2. Government changes criminal code to include DPA's
3. Prime Minister and his office pressure and threaten AG to use the DPA SNC lobbied for. For partisan political reasons.
4. She does not use the DPA.
5. She is demoted to VA.
6. New AG is told his first conversation with the PM is about SNC.

I know for a fact had this been Stephen Harper or Andrew Sheer, you'd be singing a different tune. Can we not play partisan politics with this one?

BRAH @ Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:42 pm

The Trudeau Media are circling the wagons.

Douwe @ Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:39 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

I wouldn't worry about it. Changing party leaders over a scandal this minor would be disastrous. With more than eight months to go until the next election the chances are that most of the Canadian public will have forgotten about the issue, provided they even paid attention to it in the first place.

But to answer your question, no, if Trudeau resigned the party caucus would select an interim leader who would lead until there was a leadership convention.

N_Fiddledog @ Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:30 am

How would this Scandal differ in effect from the Sponsorship Scandal the last time the Liberals were in power then?

$1:
In the national spotlight, the scandal became a significant factor in the lead-up to the 2006 federal election when, after more than twelve years in power, the Liberals were defeated by the Conservatives, who formed a minority government that was sworn in February 2006.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sponsorship_scandal

Hell, that one didn't even have hookers. Or did it?...

N_Fiddledog @ Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:41 am

Beaverton tops itself. ROTFL

Trudeau announces Canada to partner with NASA to send Jody Wilson-Raybould to moon

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2019/03/tr ... d-to-moon/

PluggyRug @ Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:57 am

...and Trudeau to deep space to find that which has been missing from the Liberal party for generations..... the mythical race of Ethics.

martin14 @ Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:16 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
But remember, JWR has had designs on becoming the PM since the 1980's and her dad even went on TV when talking to Trudeau Sr and said as much. So, this whole SNC Lavalin affair might just be a palace coup orchestrated by the Liberal power brokers that's designed to remove socks and replace him with someone more amenable like that nice native lady who he so badly mistreated. ROTFL

Think about it, Trudeau's lost his voter base. So, nothing would get more of the politically correct left wing votes back to the Liberal fold than running a woman, especially if she's a native. Hey it's a chance for them to "make history" (ala Camelot in America) by electing the first woman and the first native to Canada's highest office and given most of them are so vapid they could care less about the questions of potential past digressions it's a perfect fit.

That would require the whole party to turn on Dopey and gangstab him in the back, right now.

The federal Liberals dont have a reputation for doing that.
Although, still early days. :P

martin14 @ Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:27 pm

Douwe Douwe:
I wouldn't worry about it. Changing party leaders over a scandal this minor would be disastrous. With more than eight months to go until the next election the chances are that most of the Canadian public will have forgotten about the issue, provided they even paid attention to it in the first place.

But to answer your question, no, if Trudeau resigned the party caucus would select an interim leader who would lead until there was a leadership convention.

Oh wow, I guess we finally found a poster who will admit to voting for PM Groper. [cheer]

Douwe @ Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:34 am

martin14 martin14:
Douwe Douwe:

Oh wow, I guess we finally found a poster who will admit to voting for PM Groper. [cheer]

Wrong. Haven't voted Liberal in five decades. However, I have no problem in pointing out the short attention span of the Canadian public or the fact that most voters ignore politics, but then go out and vote anyway.

PluggyRug @ Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:44 pm

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next