Canada Kicks Ass
JWR Testifies

1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

PluggyRug @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:21 pm

Not a good day for the Liberals.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/ ... imony-live

Mowich @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:25 pm

As a Conservative, I think it is a great day for the liberals. Finally Canadians know just how far this arrogant PM will go to try and get his way and what he will do when he doesn't. I truly hope that this will finally wake-up liberal supporters to the fact that their support of this corrupt and possibly criminal government is badly misplaced.

PluggyRug @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:35 pm

Mowich Mowich:

I truly hope that this will finally wake-up liberal supporters to the fact that their support of this corrupt and possibly criminal government is badly misplaced.

I sincerely doubt that will happen.

martin14 @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:42 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Mowich Mowich:

I truly hope that this will finally wake-up liberal supporters to the fact that their support of this corrupt and possibly criminal government is badly misplaced.

I agree.
It is simple, 38% of Canadians are just .... idiots.
Soon enough, they will prove it to the rest of us.. again.

Tricks @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:53 pm

This certainly doesn't look good. Next few weeks should be interesting.

Tricks @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:02 pm

Also compared to the Cohen testimony, this is super polite (thus far). It's crazy the difference in tone.

Mowich @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:07 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Mowich Mowich:

Time will tell, Pluggy. Anyone who still supports them will be facing all kinds of difficult questions as to why they still believe the liberals should be in government.

Mowich @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:09 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Also compared to the Cohen testimony, this is super polite (thus far). It's crazy the difference in tone.

Having watched the Cohen hearings until CTV switched to the JWR hearings, I have to agree, Tricks. The Reps were all but foaming at the mouth when they went after Cohen.

Mowich @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:12 pm

Tricks Tricks:
This certainly doesn't look good. Next few weeks should be interesting.

I can hardly wait to hear how JT will respond to this, Tricks. I imagine he is burning up the phone lines hoping that his pal Buttsy will find a way to get him out of this - not that there is chance in hell of that happening. Should be highly entertaining for those of us who are NOT liberal supporters.

Tricks @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:13 pm

Mowich Mowich:
Tricks Tricks:

Having watched the Cohen hearings until CTV switched to the JWR hearings, I have to agree, Tricks. The Reps were all but foaming at the mouth when they went after Cohen.

I'm not very far into the questions, only about 30 minutes in. But JWR should be commended on her professionalism thus far. The only way I can't see this being a lasting problem for the liberals is if they basically boot out Trudeau and anyone who touched this, and make her leader to be honest. Currently she's the only one who's demonstrated any sort of integrity surrounding this.

PluggyRug @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:37 pm

Tricks Tricks:

Currently she's the only one who's demonstrated any sort of integrity surrounding this.

Yes, her demeanor is above reproach.

Tricks @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:56 pm

I may have spoke too soon on the politeness, Irqa Khalid just put her foot in her mouth pretty hard. Basically said JWR is closed minded and quickly had to back pedal.

Mowich @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Mowich Mowich:
Tricks Tricks:

I'm not very far into the questions, only about 30 minutes in. But JWR should be commended on her professionalism thus far. The only way I can't see this being a lasting problem for the liberals is if they basically boot out Trudeau and anyone who touched this, and make her leader to be honest. Currently she's the only one who's demonstrated any sort of integrity surrounding this.

Her integrity in this matter extended only so far as her refusal to bend to all the pressure. When it came to the integrity of the office she held and the pressure it and she was under, she failed to do the right thing and either come forward with her concerns or resign.
As far as a new leader for the party, Freeland would be my choice as she is the only one so far untainted by this scandal.

Tricks @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:15 pm

Mowich Mowich:
Her integrity in this matter extended only so far as her refusal to bend to all the pressure. When it came to the integrity of the office she held and the pressure it and she was under, she failed to do the right thing and either come forward with her concerns or resign.
She couldn't come forward. She was bound by privilege. And she did do the right thing. She refused to bend to pressure, was moved to a different position and then resigned. You'll also notice that she said if the next AG did bend to the pressure, she would resign, which a month after being moved, she did so.

Freakinoldguy @ Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:42 pm

Tricks Tricks:
Mowich Mowich:
Tricks Tricks:

Great if you want one of the main protagonists in all the latest Liberal scandals and controversies as PM.

The problem for the Liberals is that she's also implicated in the Admiral Norman lynching and Gerald Stanley controversy. So sure, run her for PM because she finally had a rush of conscience to the brain.

But, remember this is the same woman who went along with Trudeau for everything else and if she really had any moral scruples about the conduct of the PM's office she should have pulled the pin and resigned two controversies ago. My guess is that she figured that she'd couldn't use the taking orders excuse for this one and decided to get out before Trudeau the Titanic took her down with him.

$1:
Norman's lawyers alleged political interference at a pretrial hearing Monday and said the PCO should not be talking with the Crown about how to handle the trial. They linked it to the politically-charged controversy over SNC Lavalin. Wilson Raybould has refused to comment on the claims in the Globe and Mail article, citing solicitor-client privilege.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mark-n ... -1.5016422

1  2  3  4  5  6  Next