Canada Kicks Ass
Liberals to introduce motion for 2009 Afghan withdrawal

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Patrick_Ross @ Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:27 pm

Durandal Durandal:
Oh, I did that with many Muslims, one of them once told me "Islam is a religion of peace", but later said said "LOL LOL LOL you think you are gonna win ? We are 1.3 billion Muslims on the planet, you are never gonna win !" and also : "We are going to break you all ; more over we are reproducing like mosquitos !" (in his own words).

You know P_R, I discussed a lot with Muslims before making myself on their religion. But the most I know comes from [url=http://www.jihadwatch.org/]persons with a muslim bac
kground but that are not actually muslims[/url]

But hey, don't listen to me (and them), and in half-a-century, when our country will look like Kosovo or Nigeria, you will remember that Durandal guy.

:roll: Jihad watch -- you mean the site that Robert Spencer uses to hock his book? It would be more credible if he wasn't spreading fear of Islam in order to scare people into buying his intellectually bankrupt "literature".

Every Muslim I know -- and I know many of them -- are extremely distressed over people with small-minded attitudes just like yours.

But it's nice to get down to the truth of the matter -- you aren't denying Pakistan's cooperation in the war of terror because of any actual lack of cooperation -- you're denying it because the're a largely Muslim state.

$1:
Yep, and they make comments/actions that defame 90 % of our population EVERY DAY and ALL OVER THE WORLD, so why are our goverment not making a resolution in parliamment every day for every single shit that a muslim leader says/does ? :roll:

:roll: If you say so.

$1:
Should I quote Kadhafi (or Ahmedinajad) that both said (the Lybian was more precise) that Islam would conquer Europe, America and then rule the entire world ?

:roll: And, other than coincidentally being Muslim states, what does any of that have to do with Pakistan?

That's pretty much it, isn't it?

I thought so.

$1:
Exactly, that HAS cooperated, but that does not anymore.

According to whom? Robert Spencer?

Try citing someone credible.

$1:
Man, if Pakistan was a girl, you'd marry her wouldn't you !? :lol:

Don't be jealous. You can always marry Kevin Potvin, if you want.

$1:
:mrgreen:

"Some credible sources of information" ? You mean : information that does not contradict what you are saying.

Quoting NATO is contradicting the "Canadian, American and British intelligence" ? OK, if you say so.

Here's a good example of a credible source:

http://www.fas.org/man/crs/RL31624.pdf

$1:
Pakistan-US antiterrorism cooperation has been broad in scale and scope, and has realized tangible successes since October 2001.

And that was produced by the Congressional Research Service. Tell me more about how your claims don't contradict US intelligence -- thus actually contradicting NATO?

$1:
What tabarnack facts ? Tou keep blabling about your "facts" and repeating "cooperative-ally-cooperative-ally-cooperative-ally-cooperative-ally", but heck WHAT HAVE YOU PRESENTED TO BACK THIS UP, AND TO PROUVE THAT THE INFO I HAVE PROVIDED IS WRONG ? Nothing at all.

Look, I have posted a link that explains who people are indoctrinated in pakistani madrassas (coranic schools) and then recruited to fight our soldiers in A-stan, you can't deny that, muslim kids are put in these hate-schools all over tyhe muslim world. Then what are you going to say ? "Madrassas don't exist, no credible source says so and bla bla bla" ???

You sure did post a link -- to intellectual, counter-factual garbage. And that's what you're building your arguments on. You're barely even worth the time it takes to read your rantings, let alone respond to them.

$1:
You'r stuck on stupid with your Kevin Potvin, can't help you here.

And you're stuck on stupid with your Robert Spencer garbage, which actually makes sense because he himself is permanently stuck on stupid.

$1:
I'm putting no words in the words of any-one, I seak information, I look at news (not the MSM PC shit), and I see that many muslims - more than we think - around the word see 9/11 as a "great victory for islam" (even thaugh the think the Mossad did it :lol: ).

:roll: I'm willing to bet that someone who seeks information would be able to spell "seek". Also, "prove". Unfortunately for yourself, you're too busy "proving" yourself "stupid" to actually "seek" "information".

[quoteHa, so the falsely-called historians who say that most of Germany didn't know about the holocaust are WRONG, and the rightly-called historians who say that most Germans did know about the camps and supported them are RIGHT.

To continue with that logic, the falsely-called experts who say that most of Pakistan do not support the jihad are WRONG, and the rightly-called experts that say that many-if-not-most Pakistanis support the jihad are RIGHT.

:o

You often blast yourself like that ?[/color]

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL Given that the Pakistani state isn't involved the Jihad, that isn't a comparable example.

You often blast yourself like that?

$1:
$1:
Isn't it cool how I made you argue my point for me?

:rock: Isn't it cool how I made you argue my point for me ? :rock:

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL Well, the topic of argument has been the actions of the state of Pakistan. You brought up the Germany-Holocaust argument, then counterfactually argued that Germans didn't know about the Holocaust (they did).

You tried to use the same argument to suggest the Pakistani state is involved in something it isn't involved in. That is a counter-factual claim. So you can try to convince yourself that you're clever to your heart's content. The fact is that you have yet to even find any intellectual traction in this debate, and I really don't think you're going to.

$1:
Man, did your mummy give you enough affection ?

Did yours?

$1:
$1:
I'll ask you once more, Durandal: why do you think 9/11 was beautiful?

Answered before, your getting ridiculous.

$1:
How about it, Durandal? Why do you think 9/11 was beautiful?

Same thing here.
[/quote]

Well, according to your own logic, Canadians think 9/11 was beautiful. As a Canadian, you must think 9/11 was beautiful. And you're precisely right. This is ridiculous. The most ridiculous thing about it is this is your logic.

Bodah @ Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:52 pm

Rihx Rihx:
I find it amusing how many people forget that we are not the only country fighting the taliban or involved in rebuilding the country. We pull out, someone else in nato comes in or expands their mission.

This mission is under a United Nations mandate, has everyone forgotten how long we were in cypres? We could leave in 2009 take a brake for a few years and go back again.

The possibility of other Non-Nato countries going in under the UN banner is a very good.

I know there are the Americans, Brits and Dutch are fighting as well. And they're are many other nations in rear positions that aren't. Since our mandate is to stay there until 2009 and discuss it again then. I just think its premature and sends a bad signal about our reputation to say were out in two years no matter what. And this motion is just that were out no matter what 2009.

Imagine in WWII if we said ok no matter what happens we'll be out December 31 1941.

Schleihauf @ Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:29 pm

Good news for Afghanistan: The Liberals lost. If needed we will stay past 2009.

What puzzles me is why the NDP voted against the motion to bring our troops home by 2009.

Bodah @ Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:35 pm

Schleihauf Schleihauf:
Good news for Afghanistan: The Liberals lost. If needed we will stay past 2009.

What puzzles me is why the NDP voted against the motion to bring our troops home by 2009.

Because they want them out now, thats the reason according to them. To think that all the NDP had to do to create a major upheavel in this country was to vote in favor of this. I was following this closely and would of been very pissed and ashamed if it passed.

Patrick_Ross @ Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:39 pm

The NDP understand they can't allow the Liberals to benefit from a Democrat-esque image. That, and they're suggesting they may introduce a motion in favour of an immediate pull-out.

Durandal @ Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:49 pm

$1:
Every Muslim I know -- and I know many of them -- are extremely distressed over people with small-minded attitudes just like yours.

And almost every Muslim I know -- and I know many of them -- are extremely PLEASED with small-minded attitudes just like yours that can't see what's hapenning in the world and what's coming up towards them.

But hey, as I'v said, don't listen, and some morning, you'll wake up and smell the coffee. (Remember 9/11 ? Yeah... all the ones saying THAT one was coming were "counter-factual garbage guys spreading fear of Islam in order to scare people". Man, people are never gonna learn.)

$1:
According to whom? Robert Spencer?

Nope, the sources I have provided, you don't give a damn about them, too bad.

$1:
Try citing someone credible.

That's never gonna heppend because everytime I cite someone that has a different opinion than you, then "he's not credible". :roll:

$1:
And, other than coincidentally being Muslim states, what does any of that have to do with Pakistan?

Well, they are leaders that made statements just as much defamatory than the ones the pope made (and also the ones the Pakistani parliamment condemned), so I'm still wondering why the Canadian parliament does not go crazy and passes tons of resolutions condemning the statements they made, perhaps you could explain this to me ? :?

$1:
Here's a good example of a credible source:

http://www.fas.org/man/crs/RL31624.pdf

Yup, dated 2003. And I'd like to see the Saudi Arabia-U.S. Anti Terrorism Cooperation one, just for fun. I'm sure it proves with credible sources that the Saudis are doign their best to stop terrorism. :mrgreen:

Some people are REALY gonna beleive ANYTHING, as long as it makes them feel comfortable.

$1:
I'm willing to bet that someone who seeks information would be able to spell "seek". Also, "prove".

Ha ha. English is my second language and I'm doing my best. Cheap shot.

$1:
Given that the Pakistani state isn't involved the Jihad.

OMG

8O X 10000000000

That one made my day ! [sarcasm]

[bash]

$1:
Did yours?

Absolutely. :wink:

Apart from that, happy we stay there at least until 09', good to see this country is not tooooo far from the reality.

baylee @ Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:34 pm

Schleihauf Schleihauf:

DUHHH?
I know you are just a child, but really......

Patrick_Ross @ Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:27 pm

Durandal Durandal:
$1:

And almost every Muslim I know -- and I know many of them -- are extremely PLEASED with small-minded attitudes just like yours that can't see what's hapenning in the world and what's coming up towards them.

But hey, as I'v said, don't listen, and some morning, you'll wake up and smell the coffee. (Remember 9/11 ? Yeah... all the ones saying THAT one was coming were "counter-factual garbage guys spreading fear of Islam in order to scare people". Man, people are never gonna learn.)

You've already said that you recieve all your information about Islam not from actual Muslims, but from "people with a Muslim background who are not Muslim". The link connected to Jihadwatch.org, which, as I mentioned before, not only spreads the fear of Islam, but actually profits from it.

"Muslims are dangerous. By the way, buy my book." :roll:

The Ironic thing about this is that Robert Spencer has no Muslim background. He studied Christian theology, and has never studied Islam in any academic environment worthy of the name.

$1:
the sources I have provided, you don't give a damn about them, too bad.

Having cited Spencer, you've already demonstrated the standard of quality of the information you're using. It's remarkably low.

$1:
That's never gonna heppend because everytime I cite someone that has a different opinion than you, then "he's not credible". :roll:

Well, if you could only cite some sources that interpret the issue according to the facts, instead of practically fictionalizing their arguments, you'd be in business.

$1:
Well, they are leaders that made statements just as much defamatory than the ones the pope made (and also the ones the Pakistani parliamment condemned), so I'm still wondering why the Canadian parliament does not go crazy and passes tons of resolutions condemning the statements they made, perhaps you could explain this to me ? :?

Well, Stephen Harper denounced the Holocaust Denial Conference in Iran an "offence to all Canadians". Is that condemning enough for you?

$1:
Ha ha. English is my second language and I'm doing my best. Cheap shot.

Here's another cheap shot: you never said anything about the source I cited. Which, as I will remind you, is an actual credible source.

$1:
$1:
Given that the Pakistani state isn't involved the Jihad.

OMG

8O X 10000000000

That one made my day ! [sarcasm]

[bash]

So now you're going to suggest that Pakistan, a participant in the War on Terror, is also somehow involved in the Jihad as well?

You aren't terribly bright, are you?

Durandal @ Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:13 pm

Patrick_Ross Patrick_Ross:
You've already said that you recieve all your information about Islam not from actual Muslims, but from "people with a Muslim background who are not Muslim".

No, I said most of my info, not all, and what convinces me that this info is some good one is input from actual Muslims I have talked to.

$1:
The link connected to Jihadwatch.org, which, as I mentioned before, not only spreads the fear of Islam, but actually profits from it.

It DOES spread the fear of Islam, and HAS to spread the fear of Islam, because we HAVE to be scared of Islam. Tons of people profit from it.

You see, in WW2, the media made sure we were fearfull of Nazism, and that's the way things worcked back then.

But six decades later, the western civilisation has plunged into an abyss of PC, and the Media - along with most politicians - don't even dare to clearly state that we have a serious enemy and that we should be scared of it, so the only hard info we get is from people that know a lot about the enemy, but since their info is not "official", peaple like you don't listen. :(

$1:
The Ironic thing about this is that Robert Spencer has no Muslim background. He studied Christian theology, and has never studied Islam in any academic environment worthy of the name.

And what is an "academic environment worth of the name" to study Islam ? :lol: A madrassa ? One of those islamic takia/"inner-jihad" universities in Saudi Arabia or Cairo ? Please give me a break.

$1:
Having cited Spencer, you've already demonstrated the standard of quality of the information you're using. It's remarkably low.

I sited Spencer ? When ? Where ?

$1:
Well, if you could only cite some sources that interpret the issue according to the facts, instead of practically fictionalizing their arguments, you'd be in business.

LOL

Let's start with something simple for you ; here's a single sentence I have quoted from Global Security :

"The religious alliance [MMA] won an absolute majority in October 2001 regional elections."

Now please explain to my why the above sentence is "fiction" and "unfactual".

Good luck my friend. :wink:

$1:
Well, Stephen Harper denounced the Holocaust Denial Conference in Iran an "offence to all Canadians". Is that condemning enough for you?

Great, that's a good start, but we are still millenias far from the victimisation coming out of the Muslim world.

$1:
Here's another cheap shot: you never said anything about the source I cited.

Wich source ? The PDF ?

Here's what I said about it in my last post :

" Yup, dated 2003. And I'd like to see the Saudi Arabia-U.S. Anti Terrorism Cooperation one, just for fun. I'm sure it proves with credible sources that the Saudis are doign their best to stop terrorism. :mrgreen: "

$1:
Which, as I will remind you, is an actual credible source.

Could you elborate ? You only declare that everything I say/site is untrue because it is different from your own opinion ; and the only source you have provided is a PDF already 4 years old !

Who can you deny that some factions inside pakistan are providing support to the Taliban, or that children brainwashed in some Pakistani madrassas join the Jihad against the coalition ? Heck, even soldiers have accounts from Afghan villagers that some of the Taliban come from Pakistan (actually they come from all over the ummah, but that's another story)... you think you can diss that with a stupid PDF ?

I say it's not because the US government knows the Pakis have nukes, so they do the best they can to make an ally out of them because they don't want a nuclear war, but has recent events have shown, the Pakis do not always cooperate (and I'd like to know who you can cetegoraly declare that info untrue... exept by saying it's not "official") the US are still making it look like a love story between them and Pakistan because if they would not, things could be far worst (ie : Pak. could become like Iran WITH the bomb).

$1:
So now you're going to suggest that Pakistan, a participant in the War on Terror, is also somehow involved in the Jihad as well?

Yup, I suggested that on my first post on CKA and on my third post in this tread, but you seem to be veeeeeeeeeery slow in understanding asymetrical warfare.

$1:
You aren't terribly bright, are you?

Et la lumière fut. :idea:

Patrick_Ross @ Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:05 pm

Durandal Durandal:
You've already said that you recieve all your information about Islam not from actual Muslims, but from "people with a Muslim background who are not Muslim".

No, I said most of my info, not all, and what convinces me that this info is some good one is input from actual Muslims I have talked to.

[color=blue]OK. So most of your information about Muslims comes from people who have "a Muslim background who are not Muslim". Except that they don't actually have a Muslim background. Gotcha.

$1:
It DOES spread the fear of Islam, and HAS to spread the fear of Islam, because we HAVE to be scared of Islam. Tons of people profit from it.

:roll: No, we don't have to be afraid of Islam. We need to be afraid of the wingnuts who use Islam as a political ideology -- just like we should be afraid of the wingnuts who use Christianity as a political ideology.

But we need not be afraid of Islam or Christianity. We need to be afraid of those who misuse both.

$1:
You see, in WW2, the media made sure we were fearfull of Nazism, and that's the way things worcked back then.

But six decades later, the western civilisation has plunged into an abyss of PC, and the Media - along with most politicians - don't even dare to clearly state that we have a serious enemy and that we should be scared of it, so the only hard info we get is from people that know a lot about the enemy, but since their info is not "official", peaple like you don't listen. :(

:roll: During WW2, noone needed to concoct counter-factual arguments to prove the threat of Nazism. Islam is not comparable to Nazism.

$1:
And what is an "academic environment worth of the name" to study Islam ? :lol: A madrassa ? One of those islamic takia/"inner-jihad" universities in Saudi Arabia or Cairo ? Please give me a break.

How about studying Islam under an expert on Islam -- perhaps an accredited Islamic theologian? Now, to the average individual -- let alone the average academic -- this makes sense. Apparently, not to Durandal, or any of the world's other Spencer-esque self-proclaimed "experts" on Islam.

$1:
I sited Spencer ? When ? Where ?

So are you now going to pretend you didn't post a link to Jihad watch?

$1:
Let's start with something simple for you ; here's a single sentencoe I have quoted from Global Security :

"The religious alliance [MMA] won an absolute majority in October 2001 regional elections."

Now please explain to my why the above sentence is "fiction" and "unfactual".

Good luck my friend. :wink:

Ah, yes. Global Security. Directed by John Pike, another self-proclaimed expert on something or other. Citing self-proclaimed experts tends to really stretch the margins of credibility.

$1:
Great, that's a good start, but we are still millenias far from the victimisation coming out of the Muslim world.[/color]

Huh?

$1:
Wich source ? The PDF ?

Here's what I said about it in my last post :

" Yup, dated 2003. And I'd like to see the Saudi Arabia-U.S. Anti Terrorism Cooperation one, just for fun. I'm sure it proves with credible sources that the Saudis are doign their best to stop terrorism. :mrgreen: "[/color]

Well, the PDF is from the Library of Congress. To date, the best you've managed to come up with are self-proclaimed experts like Robert Spencer and John Pike.

In short, one of us has cited a credible source, based on facts. The other has cited non-credible sources, based entirely on cynicism.

That's game, set, match, any day of the week.

$1:
Could you elborate ? You only declare that everything I say/site is untrue because it is different from your own opinion ; and the only source you have provided is a PDF already 4 years old

And yet you can't seem to dispute any of the facts contained therein.

$1:
Who can you deny that some factions inside pakistan are providing support to the Taliban, or that children brainwashed in some Pakistani madrassas join the Jihad against the coalition ? Heck, even soldiers have accounts from Afghan villagers that some of the Taliban come from Pakistan (actually they come from all over the ummah, but that's another story)... you think you can diss that with a stupid PDF ?

Yes, I absolutely can diss that with a PDF from the Library of Congress.

Furthermore, you have been claiming that the Pakistani state (not factions within Pakistan) has been participating in the Jihad, and that they have not been cooperating in the War on Terror. Both are counter-factual claims, that you can't support with credible sources.

$1:
I say it's not because the US government knows the Pakis have nukes, so they do the best they can to make an ally out of them because they don't want a nuclear war, but has recent events have shown, the Pakis do not always cooperate (and I'd like to know who you can cetegoraly declare that info untrue... exept by saying it's not "official") the US are still making it look like a love story between them and Pakistan because if they would not, things could be far worst (ie : Pak. could become like Iran WITH the bomb).

If you were half the expert on foreign affairs that you would like the rest of us to believe you are, then you would know the following:

Pakistan does not possess missile technology that poses a threat to the United States. No nuclear warheads launched from Pakistan could reach the United States. Other than broad global security issues, the Pakistan's nuclear weapons pose very little threat to the United States.

Resultingly, there is no motive for the United States to cover for Pakistan were it not cooperating in the War on Terror. The official record reflects Pakistan's cooperation because Pakistan is cooperating.

$1:
Yup, I suggested that on my first post on CKA and on my third post in this tread, but you seem to be veeeeeeeeeery slow in understanding asymetrical warfare.

You seem to be veeeeeeeeeeeeery slow in admitting that you can't back up your false claims regarding Pakistan's cooperation in the War on Terror,

Durandal @ Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:07 pm

$1:
Except that they don't actually have a Muslim background. Gotcha.

"They" (ie : R.S.) comes from a Muslim country and/or his famely does, and franckly, I don't care from where he/his famely comes.

And do you sincerely thik I give a shit if my info on Islam comes from persons with a stict Muslim background ???

Man, go ask a Jehovah's Witness, and you can be sure that he will tell you tons of beatiful things about his cult, but will you really know all what you have to know ? Nope ; same for Islam.

Actually, it's not quite the same, muzzis have a doctrine called "takia" according to wich they are autorised to lie to protect their faith (ie : make it look like a religion of peace) when they are in a position of inferiority, but that's another strory.

But hey, you REALLY want some info from people with a Muslim background ? Here you go kid :

:arrow: APOSTATES OF ISLAM

:arrow: FAITH FREEDOM

Or I guess than that's "not credible" either. :mrgreen:

$1:
No, we don't have to be afraid of Islam. We need to be afraid of the wingnuts who use Islam as a political ideology

Humm, NO. Al Qaeda, the Muzzi Brotherhood, the Taleban, the French Muslims "youths", etc. all march in Muhammad's path, and they represent the REAL Islam, not the gentle/innofensive/tolerant/lovely Islam that came out as a result of two centuries of Western colonisation of muzzi lands.

$1:
just like we should be afraid of the wingnuts who use Christianity as a political ideology.

Yup, and probably the only so-called "Christian" organisation that can be compared to any the of islamic terrorist organisation is the LRA in Uganda, and they should be faught just as hard as the jihadist organisations.

$1:
During WW2, noone needed to concoct counter-factual arguments to prove the threat of Nazism.

Yep, but during that time, we didn't have the PC we have today, the MSM we have today, and the self face-slapping mentality we have today in the West.

$1:
Islam is not comparable to Nazism.

That one is gonna cost you a lot. [boxing]

Let's have some fun !

:arrow: THE NAZI ROOTS OF THE MODERN JIHAD

:arrow: THE HISTORICAL COLLABORATION OF NAZIS WITH MUSLIMS/ARABS

:arrow: THE DOCUMANTATION CENTER ABOUT NAZISLAMISM

:arrow: ISLAMIC FASCISM, ISRAEL, AND THE AMERICAN LEFT

AND MUCH MORE HERE : ISLAMO-NAZISME

But hey, perhaps the pics are "nor credible" and "nor official". :mrgreen:

$1:
How about studying Islam under an expert on Islam -- perhaps an accredited Islamic theologian?

LOL, like the imams from the documantary I posted a few messages ago ? Or like Bin Laden ? Or a Saudi prince ? :lol:

The real experts of Islamic theology are persons like Robert Spencer, Daniel Pipes, Anne-Marie Delcambre, Brigitte Gabrielle, Walid Shoebat (an ex-terrorist... not "credible" enough for you ???), Melanie Phillips, Michelle Malkin, Mark Steyn, and others.

$1:

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding here. By "cite", you mean "post a link" :?: Because in French, "citer" means "quote", and didn't quote Spencer, just made a link to one of his sites.

$1:
Furthermore, you have been claiming that the Pakistani state (not factions within Pakistan) has been participating in the Jihad, and that they have not been cooperating in the War on Terror. Both are counter-factual claims.

Pakistan participates in the jihad, Saudi Arabia and Egypt do the same, but all of them also participate in the war on terror, it's the big game I'v been talking about all along.

By saying X country does this or that, it can mean their gouverment, parts of their goverment, jihadist groups based in these countries, their religious autorities, etc. so the way I'm speaking, I can say "X country does this or that" without speaking of the country as a whole, but of actions/attitudes/whatever that comes from this country ; and the groups - along with their actions - occupy an important place enough in the country so that I can simply say "X country does that".

Understand now ?

$1:
that you can't support with credible sources

OK, let's make things clear :

>>> I think you sources are not credible and have explained why (old and politically-oriented) ; I'm not going to move from my position at all.

>>> You think that my sources are not credible because they are not "official" (!?) ; you are not going to move from your position at all.

So why continue this forever ? I defenetely think your info is total crap and you think the same for me, so I suggest we both let the debate evolve into something else than the credibility of the sources.

$1:
Pakistan does not possess missile technology that poses a threat to the United States. No nuclear warheads launched from Pakistan could reach the United States. Other than broad global security issues, the Pakistan's nuclear weapons pose very little threat to the United States.

Exept to coalition forces in Iraq and A-stan (and also maybe Israel)... woooooups forgot about those ones. :mrgreen:

If the US drop support for Musharraf, he will get thrown out by the islamists, and then, BOOM ! (exept if we lunch the boom thing first)

$1:
The official record reflects Pakistan's cooperation because Pakistan is cooperating.

ROTFL

Patrick_Ross @ Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:21 pm

Durandal Durandal:
$1:
Except that they don't actually have a Muslim background. Gotcha.

"They" (ie : R.S.) comes from a Muslim country and/or his famely does, and franckly, I don't care from where he/his famely comes.

And do you sincerely thik I give a shit if my info on Islam comes from persons with a stict Muslim background ???

Man, go ask a Jehovah's Witness, and you can be sure that he will tell you tons of beatiful things about his cult, but will you really know all what you have to know ? Nope ; same for Islam.

Actually, it's not quite the same, muzzis have a doctrine called "takia" according to wich they are autorised to lie to protect their faith (ie : make it look like a religion of peace) when they are in a position of inferiority, but that's another strory.

But hey, you REALLY want some info from people with a Muslim background ? Here you go kid :

:arrow: APOSTATES OF ISLAM

:arrow: FAITH FREEDOM

Or I guess than that's "not credible" either. :mrgreen:

So, apparently, you can find sources that will denounce Islam as a hateful religion. Fair enough. And to be fair, there certainly are some sects of Islam that promote violence and hatred.

But, let's raise a point of comparison. How would you respond to the following?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

http://www.behindthebadge.net/apologeti ... uss11.html

Certainly, this is no more or no less credible than your sources. Now, shall we abide by your logic and brand Christianity as a religion of hate as well?

I wouldn't. Apparently, you will.

$1:
$1:
No, we don't have to be afraid of Islam. We need to be afraid of the wingnuts who use Islam as a political ideology

Humm, NO. Al Qaeda, the Muzzi Brotherhood, the Taleban, the French Muslims "youths", etc. all march in Muhammad's path, and they represent the REAL Islam, not the gentle/innofensive/tolerant/lovely Islam that came out as a result of two centuries of Western colonisation of muzzi lands.

:roll:

Yep, and the KKK, the church of Jesus Christ Christian and the Westboro Baptist church are all model citizens of the west,

$1:
$1:
just like we should be afraid of the wingnuts who use Christianity as a political ideology.

Yup, and probably the only so-called "Christian" organisation that can be compared to any the of islamic terrorist organisation is the LRA in Uganda, and they should be faught just as hard as the jihadist organisations.

That is entirely wrong.

Allow me to introduce you to Terry Long and the Christian Identity movement:

http://www.zundelsite.org/english/sirc/ ... ter01.html

(This group, in particular, advocates the annhiliation of all non-white, non-Christians.)

And the Final Solution Skins (of Calgary):

http://plawiuk.blogspot.com/2005_04_10_archive.html

$1:
$1:
During WW2, noone needed to concoct counter-factual arguments to prove the threat of Nazism.

Yep, but during that time, we didn't have the PC we have today, the MSM we have today, and the self face-slapping mentality we have today in the West.

No, but we apparently have bigots who are all to eager to decry "political correctness" because it challenges their hateful diatribes.

$1:
$1:
Islam is not comparable to Nazism.

That one is gonna cost you a lot. [boxing]

Let's have some fun !

:arrow: THE NAZI ROOTS OF THE MODERN JIHAD

:arrow: THE HISTORICAL COLLABORATION OF NAZIS WITH MUSLIMS/ARABS

:arrow: THE DOCUMANTATION CENTER ABOUT NAZISLAMISM

:arrow: ISLAMIC FASCISM, ISRAEL, AND THE AMERICAN LEFT

AND MUCH MORE HERE : ISLAMO-NAZISME

But hey, perhaps the pics are "nor credible" and "nor official". :mrgreen:

So you can find some pictures of a few Muslims being hateful and you want to try and use that as evidence that hate and violence are phenomenae exclusive to the Muslim world. :roll:

You wanna play the picture game? OK.

So, as a point of comparison, these photos of people in the west serve as equal proof that people in the west (including Christians) can be equally as hateful and crazy as Muslims. According to your logic, this means we're all hateful and crazy over here, too.

$1:
$1:
How about studying Islam under an expert on Islam -- perhaps an accredited Islamic theologian?

LOL, like the imams from the documantary I posted a few messages ago ? Or like Bin Laden ? Or a Saudi prince ? :lol:

The real experts of Islamic theology are persons like Robert Spencer, Daniel Pipes, Anne-Marie Delcambre, Brigitte Gabrielle, Walid Shoebat (an ex-terrorist... not "credible" enough for you ???), Melanie Phillips, Michelle Malkin, Mark Steyn, and others.

:roll: Of those, Walid Shoebat actually qualifies. Like Irshad Manji, he actually does provide us with a valuable perspective on troublesome facets of Islam.

However, they do not hold a monopoly on Islam, or on anything else. For every Shoebat or Manji, there are plenty of practicing Muslims who speak out in favor of peaceful Islam, and have been for decades.

Furthermore, Daniel Pipes actually agrees with me:

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/437

Like myself, Pipes recognizes that it is not Islam itself that is dangerous and hateful, but the brand of Islam being used as a political ideology by people like Osama Bin Laden.

Ouch. That's gonna cost you.

$1:
$1:

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding here. By "cite", you mean "post a link" :?: Because in French, "citer" means "quote", and didn't quote Spencer, just made a link to one of his sites.

Never post a link for a source you aren't willing to stand by.

$1:
$1:
Furthermore, you have been claiming that the Pakistani state (not factions within Pakistan) has been participating in the Jihad, and that they have not been cooperating in the War on Terror. Both are counter-factual claims.

Pakistan participates in the jihad, Saudi Arabia and Egypt do the same, but all of them also participate in the war on terror, it's the big game I'v been talking about all along.

By saying X country does this or that, it can mean their gouverment, parts of their goverment, jihadist groups based in these countries, their religious autorities, etc. so the way I'm speaking, I can say "X country does this or that" without speaking of the country as a whole, but of actions/attitudes/whatever that comes from this country ; and the groups - along with their actions - occupy an important place enough in the country so that I can simply say "X country does that".

Understand now ?

So you want to claim that Saudi Arabia participates in the jyhad despite the fact that it exiled Osama Bin Laden and stripped him of his citizenship. Saudi Arabia has also helped American officials freeze Bin Laden's assets (although his connections with organized crime and neo Nazi crime networks tends to keep his funds flowing regardless).

You want to claim that Pakistan participates in the jyhad despite the fact that they have secured their northern border (previously neglected due to high tensions with India) so that Taliban sympathizers cannot pass across it so easily as before.

You want to do this because there are groups within each country that do happen to participate in the jihad.

I comes down to the same faulty logic I pointed out before: by your same logic (which you yourself decried as "ridiculous") we also draw the conclusion that all Canadians think 9/11 was beautiful because Kevin Potvin published comments saying that he thought so.

The logic you seek to support this with barely resembles anything worthy of the name.

$1:
OK, let's make things clear :

>>> I think you sources are not credible and have explained why (old and politically-oriented) ; I'm not going to move from my position at all.

>>> You think that my sources are not credible because they are not "official" (!?) ; you are not going to move from your position at all.

As previously stated, my sources are credible because they're official. Furthermore, they're based on actual facts and intelligence briefings. Your sources are based entirely on cynicism.

Logic trumps emotion any day of the week.

$1:
So why continue this forever ? I defenetely think your info is total crap and you think the same for me, so I suggest we both let the debate evolve into something else than the credibility of the sources.

So long as you continue to insist that you can defy the official record -- compiled by people with a lot more knowledge of the topic than you -- based simply on cynicism, that will be an absolute non-starter.

Durandal @ Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:47 pm

So, apparently, you can find sources that will denounce Islam as a hateful religion. Fair enough. And to be fair, there certainly are some sects of Islam that promote violence and hatred.

Some "sects" ? Heh, these "sects" are big and active enough to be the prime cause of world conflicts !

:arrow: Is this a WORLD problem ???

$1:

Westboro Baptist Church

My response :

1) I am myself a Baptist, son of the man who founded the Evangelical church of my hometown, and I think this church is full of shit.

2) It is one single church, not thoulsands of wahabi/kahamenist mosques scattered all over the world. Oh yes, a few guys copied them in Canada and Scandinavia, but heck, they are little isolated loonies.

3) The members of this church talk talk talk, but do they ever bomb anybody ? Nope, so exept from serving as an argument for people trying to deligitimate my faith like you, they don't cause me any problem.

$1:
Now, shall we abide by your logic and brand Christianity as a religion of hate as well?

NO, because those crazies do not fallow Christianity (exept for homosexuality), but the jihadist are just normal Muslims doing their duty as a slave of Allah.

$1:
Yep, and the KKK, the church of Jesus Christ Christian and the Westboro Baptist church are all model citizens of the west

The KKK, nope. Jesus said to love the people around you, not to convert them by force.

On the other side, Muhamad ordered all Muslims to conquer all the planet by force, and he himself massacred hundreads if not thoulsands of persons who didn't want to convert to Islam.

$1:
That is entirely wrong.

Allow me to introduce you to Terry Long and the Christian Identity movement

(This group, in particular, advocates the annhiliation of all non-white, non-Christians.)

And the Final Solution Skins (of Calgary)

LOL, and how many members do these organisations have ? They are just dirt residue from our society, have no support and are hated by everyone, especially Christians like me.

Uncomparable to, say, Hizballah and its leader Nasrallah. :wink:

And BTW, as you can see, I am a militarist AND ALSO a Christian Evangelical, and both don't get along very well for some of my relatives. Because of that, I desperately searched in the New Testament to find a verse that directly says that can kill somebody in order to defend myself/my beleifs, and I have found NOTHING yet. So when I speak to those annoying who-would-Jesus-bomb types, I have to tell them that the Bible says "policemen do not carry swords for nothing", and therefor that soldiers and policemen can carry guns and se them if needed.

So may I ask you, P_R, where do these neo-Nazi guys get their "biblical back-up" in order to say that their behaviour is - biblically speaking - legitimate ? Nowhere.

Meanwile, there are 164 Jihad verses in the Koran.

So please, P_R, stop comparing Islam and Christianity, both are COMPLETELY different !

$1:
So, as a point of comparison, these photos of people in the west serve as equal proof that people in the west (including Christians) can be equally as hateful and crazy as Muslims. According to your logic, this means we're all hateful and crazy over here, too.

1) Those pics I posted are not supposed to make people beleive that all muzzis are nazis, bat that Islamism and Nazism are connected more closely than we think.

I'v just re-opened my American Alone book, and if you think you are going to diss me with the KKK and stuff, your wrong my friend :

"In Britain, a white supremacist neo-Nazi whose writings inspired a 1999 Soho nail bombing that killed three people has since converted to Islam. David Matt, a founder of the British National Socialist Mouvement, is now Abdul-Aziz ibn Myatt. Formely opposed to non-white immigration into the UK, he now says that "the pure authentic Islam of the revival, wich recognizes pratical jihad as a duty is the only force that is capable of fighting and destroying the dishonor, the arrogance, the materialism of the West. For the West, nothing is sacred, exept perhaps Zionists, Zionism, the hoax of the so-called Holocaust, and the idols which the West and its lackeys worship, or pretend to worship, such as democracy."

But why stop there ? I'll keep pounding you on that one...

WHEN HISTORY MEETS ACTUALLITY - CLICK ON IMAGE TO VIEW PRESANTATION :

----------

$1:
So you want to claim that Saudi Arabia participates in the jyhad despite the fact that it exiled Osama Bin Laden and stripped him of his citizenship. Saudi Arabia has also helped American officials freeze Bin Laden's assets

Clin-d'oeuil clin-d'oeuil... double game as always (how many times will I have to repeat it ?).

> Many Saudi citizens participate in the global jihad (especially Iraq).

> Saudi money funds hard-core mosques and islamist lobbies all over the world.

> 9/11 - many highjackers were Saudis, This is minimal, but I'v got more, don't worry.

"Oh, and the whife of the Saudi ambassador to America 'accidently' funded the September 11 killers : Princess Haifa makes monthly payments of several thousand dollars by cashier's check from the the Riggs Bank in Washigton to Majeda Ibrahim, an allegedly financially strapped woman in Virginia sge supposedly doesn't know, and Majeda Ibrahim sings at least some of those checks over to a friend of hers who's married to a guy in San Diego who's paying the rent for Khalid Almidhar and Nawaf Alhamzi, who subsequently fly Flight 77 into the Pentagon. Pure coincidence.

[...] For a bunch of ramshackle bedouin, the Saudis got the hang of global networking quicker than the Camadians and Scandinavians."

But you are still "safe", P_R, you know why ? Because this info is not "official", see, Mark Steyn explains :

"And Barbara Bush, wife of the first President Bush, and Alma Powell, wife of Colin, call the princess to comiserate at all this unnesessary publicity."

ROTFL

$1:
Like myself, Pipes recognizes that it is not Islam itself that is dangerous and hateful, but the brand of Islam being used as a political ideology by people like Osama Bin Laden.

As I said earlier, the gentle/innofensive/tolerant/lovely Islam we know today and used to flourish a century ago came out as a result of two centuries of Western colonisation of muzzi lands.

But what before that ? Muslims were very militant, just like today. And why ? Because of the teachings of the Koran, transmitted by the Prophet Muhammad. The same Koran that is used to endoctrinate children in madrassas all over the globe today. The Koran hasn't changed, Islam hasn't changed, only Muslims changed with the eradiction of their fanatical autorities (replaced by colonial autorities).

Let me continue with America Alone :

"The Saudis, whose state religion is Wahhabism, export their faith and affiliated local strains in lavish endowed schools and mosques all over the world and, as a result, traditionnally moderate Muslims populations from the Balkans to South Asia have been dramatically radicalised."

And what is Wahhabism ? A form of fundementalist Islam = Islam right out of the Koran = jihad/sharia = REAL Islam.

In the article you made a link to, Pipes said :

"The terrorism of al Qaeda, Hamas, the Iranian government and other Islamists results from the ideas of such contemporary radicals as Osama bin Laden and Ayatollah Khomeini, not from the Koran."

Well, according to *ME*, he gets this one WRONG, and many of the persons I talked about earlier disagree with his above statement.

Pipes presents the following arguments :

1) "Mild Islam: Like other sacred writings, the Koran can be mined for quotes to support opposing arguments [...] gentler passages from the Koran."

I can easely destroy that argument, but all my documentation on the matter is in French. I speaked of "takia" in my previous message ; the following documentary explains everything about those "gentle Koran passages" and Walid Shoebat is part of it...

:arrow: ISLAM - DIFFERENT BEHAVIOR FOR DIFFERENT SITUATIONS

:arrow: TRAILER - ISLAM : WHAT THE WEST REALLY NEEDS TO KNOW

:arrow: FULL MOVIE (FRENCH SUBTITLES)

Yes, anti-jihad theologians can be wrong some times, Pipes was wrong on that one, but hey, even if the jihadists distort the "real" Islam, they still represent a heck of a big treat and their doctrines MUST be faught ! (So it all boils down to the same thing.)

Oh, and I spoke about western colonisation's role, well, this part of the ducumentary explains further...

:arrow: ISLAMIC CONSTISTANCY

2) "Mild Muslims: There have been occasions of Muslim moderation and tolerance."

Muslim actions don't affect in any way Islamic law and dictrines, which - according the Holy Koran - were never created and will never be destroyed/are ETERNAL.

$1:
For every Shoebat or Manji, there are plenty of practicing Muslims who speak out in favor of peaceful Islam, and have been for decades.

Yup, and it's nice to see some of these folks take on Spencer...

Spencer vs. Armstrong : http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/ ... _Armstrong

$1:
Ouch. That's gonna cost you.

Almost, almost. :lol:

$1:

Because I'm not willing to stand by Robert Spencer ? You just invented that ?

$1:
Pakistan [bla bla] they have secured their northern border [bla bla] so that Taliban sympathizers cannot pass across it so easily as before.

Good God, you want to claim that NOW, the border is secure, with a PDF from 2003 ?

Woooooush ! Give me a break !

Patrick_Ross @ Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:17 am

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Looks like someone's starting to get upset. It isn't any fun being proven wrong, is it?

Durandal Durandal:

Some "sects" ? Heh, these "sects" are big and active enough to be the prime cause of world conflicts !

:roll: That is such a ridiculously stupid comment I'm not going to go anywhere near it.

$1:
$1:

Westboro Baptist Church

My response :

1) I am myself a Baptist, son of the man who founded the Evangelical church of my hometown, and I think this church is full of shit.

2) It is one single church, not thoulsands of wahabi/kahamenist mosques scattered all over the world. Oh yes, a few guys copied them in Canada and Scandinavia, but heck, they are little isolated loonies.

3) The members of this church talk talk talk, but do they ever bomb anybody ? Nope, so exept from serving as an argument for people trying to deligitimate my faith like you, they don't cause me any problem.

My response to your response:

1) All the Muslims I know also believe that Al Qaida and all the other Islamic sects that preach violence and hatred are full of shit. So, for any credit you believe is due to you for that belief, is also due to my Muslim friends as well.

2) Still allegedly a Christian demonination. Still spreading hate. The argument you're trying to use is something the rest of us would describe as a difference without distinction.

3) People like yourself do more than enough to deligitimize your faith. Furthermore, aren't you the wingnut trying to deligitimize Islam?

$1:
$1:
Now, shall we abide by your logic and brand Christianity as a religion of hate as well?

NO, because those crazies do not fallow Christianity (exept for homosexuality), but the jihadist are just normal Muslims doing their duty as a slave of Allah.

According to the belief of the WBC, Muslim suicide bombers are actually doing god's work when they bomb American soldiers.

The point is very simple: it's just been demonstrated that Islam doesn't have a monopoly on crazies taking religion out of context. You can deny that if you want, but at your own peril. It's factual.

$1:
$1:
Yep, and the KKK, the church of Jesus Christ Christian and the Westboro Baptist church are all model citizens of the west

The KKK, nope. Jesus said to love the people around you, not to convert them by force.

On the other side, Muhamad ordered all Muslims to conquer all the planet by force, and he himself massacred hundreads if not thoulsands of persons who didn't want to convert to Islam.

Well, according to Hazrat Mirza Tahir Ahmad (an actual Muslim scholar), proper Muslims aren't allowed to spread belief in Islam by the sword.

$1:
$1:
That is entirely wrong.

Allow me to introduce you to Terry Long and the Christian Identity movement

And the Final Solution Skins (of Calgary)

LOL, and how many members do these organisations have ? They are just dirt residue from our society, have no support and are hated by everyone, especially Christians like me.

Uncomparable to, say, Hizballah and its leader Nasrallah. :wink:

You're the one who claimed that there was only one Christian group like the Muslim groups you've been citing as evidence for your claims. In case you didn't notice, I've proven you wrong.

$1:
And BTW, as you can see, I am a militarist AND ALSO a Christian Evangelical, and both don't get along very well for some of my relatives. Because of that, I desperately searched in the New Testament to find a verse that directly says that can kill somebody in order to defend myself/my beleifs, and I have found NOTHING yet. So when I speak to those annoying who-would-Jesus-bomb types, I have to tell them that the Bible says "policemen do not carry swords for nothing", and therefor that soldiers and policemen can carry guns and se them if needed.

So may I ask you, P_R, where do these neo-Nazi guys get their "biblical back-up" in order to say that their behaviour is - biblically speaking - legitimate ? Nowhere.

They find it as surely as people like Osama Bin Laden (and, in fact, yourself) find such things in the Koran.

$1:
Meanwile, there are 164 Jihad verses in the Koran.

So please, P_R, stop comparing Islam and Christianity, both are COMPLETELY different !

COMPLETELY different, huh? If we were to accept your view, Christianity and Islam would be about as different as Islam and Nazism.

Allow me to direct you to the Skeptic's Annotated Bible. Here they cite the various verses of the Bible (858 in all) that either involve violence or, if we do as you do with the Koran and take them out of context, advocate violence.

Tell me more about how different Islam and Christianity are.

$1:
$1:

1) Those pics I posted are not supposed to make people beleive that all muzzis are nazis, bat that Islamism and Nazism are connected more closely than we think.

And, as the photos I posted demonstrate, according to your same logic (which you yourself dismiss as "ridiculous") Christianity and Nazism are connected more closely than we think as well.

$1:
I'v just re-opened my American Alone book, and if you think you are going to diss me with the KKK and stuff, your wrong my friend :

"In Britain, a white supremacist neo-Nazi whose writings inspired a 1999 Soho nail bombing that killed three people has since converted to Islam. David Matt, a founder of the British National Socialist Mouvement, is now Abdul-Aziz ibn Myatt. Formely opposed to non-white immigration into the UK, he now says that "the pure authentic Islam of the revival, wich recognizes pratical jihad as a duty is the only force that is capable of fighting and destroying the dishonor, the arrogance, the materialism of the West. For the West, nothing is sacred, exept perhaps Zionists, Zionism, the hoax of the so-called Holocaust, and the idols which the West and its lackeys worship, or pretend to worship, such as democracy."

But why stop there ? I'll keep pounding you on that one...

He converted to Islam after he committed a mail bombing that killed three people. Until that time, he was an Aryan.

This proves nothing about Islam.

Fool.

$1:
$1:
So you want to claim that Saudi Arabia participates in the jyhad despite the fact that it exiled Osama Bin Laden and stripped him of his citizenship. Saudi Arabia has also helped American officials freeze Bin Laden's assets

Clin-d'oeuil clin-d'oeuil... double game as always (how many times will I have to repeat it ?).

> Many Saudi citizens participate in the global jihad (especially Iraq).

> Saudi money funds hard-core mosques and islamist lobbies all over the world.

> 9/11 - many highjackers were Saudis, This is minimal, but I'v got more, don't worry.

Once again, holding a state absolutely responsible for the behaviour of individual citizens is an untenable position, especially when those citizens are demonstrably defying the state in order to do so, and especially when you aren't willing to apply it universally.

This all just comes down to how you thought that 9/11 was beautiful (and according to your logic, you do).

$1:
"Oh, and the whife of the Saudi ambassador to America 'accidently' funded the September 11 killers : Princess Haifa makes monthly payments of several thousand dollars by cashier's check from the the Riggs Bank in Washigton to Majeda Ibrahim, an allegedly financially strapped woman in Virginia sge supposedly doesn't know, and Majeda Ibrahim sings at least some of those checks over to a friend of hers who's married to a guy in San Diego who's paying the rent for Khalid Almidhar and Nawaf Alhamzi, who subsequently fly Flight 77 into the Pentagon. Pure coincidence.

[...] For a bunch of ramshackle bedouin, the Saudis got the hang of global networking quicker than the Camadians and Scandinavians."

But you are still "safe", P_R, you know why ? Because this info is not "official", see, Mark Steyn explains :

"And Barbara Bush, wife of the first President Bush, and Alma Powell, wife of Colin, call the princess to comiserate at all this unnesessary publicity."

ROTFL

So then you're with Michael Moore on his theory that Bush is helping the Saudi royal family cover up their alleged complicity in 9/11?

If you're siding with Michael Moore -- all right then. :roll:

$1:
$1:

As I said earlier, the gentle/innofensive/tolerant/lovely Islam we know today and used to flourish a century ago came out as a result of two centuries of Western colonisation of muzzi lands.

Wrong. Precisely the opposite is true. The dark ages didn't end in Europe until after Christian forces defeated encroaching Muslims in Hungaria. Yet, the Ottomans continued to occupy large portions of Europe, and the Western World just happened to benefit from the various things that the Muslims had brought with them.

Not only are you a poor student of common logic, you're a poor student of history, too.

Now, other than this, why so little to say about why one of the world's only "experts" on Islam agrees with me, and not with you?

Furthermore, why your insistence that none of the world's experts on Islam are actually Muslims?

What about these folks? Seem pretty expert to me.

http://www.islamonline.net/

$1:
$1:
But what before that ? Muslims were very militant, just like today. And why ? Because of the teachings of the Koran, transmitted by the Prophet Muhammad. The same Koran that is used to endoctrinate children in madrassas all over the globe today. The Koran hasn't changed, Islam hasn't changed, only Muslims changed with the eradiction of their fanatical autorities (replaced by colonial autorities).

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/87/story_8753_1.html

$1:
Let me continue with America Alone :

You're favourite book, apparently.

But I love the fallacy of the title alone.

America Alone:
Except for Britain
...And Australia
...And Canada...
...And Denmark...
...And Belgium...
...Bulgaria...
Czech Republic...
...Estonia...
...France...
Germany...
...Hungary, Iceland, Italy...
...Lativa...
...Lithousania...
...frickin' Luxembourg...
...Netherlands, Poland...
...Norway...
Portugal...
...Romania...
...Slovakia...
...Slovenia...
...Spain...
...Turkey...

Other than that, America totally alone.

$1:
"The Saudis, whose state religion is Wahhabism, export their faith and affiliated local strains in lavish endowed schools and mosques all over the world and, as a result, traditionnally moderate Muslims populations from the Balkans to South Asia have been dramatically radicalised."

And what is Wahhabism ? A form of fundementalist Islam = Islam right out of the Koran = jihad/sharia = REAL Islam.

In the article you made a link to, Pipes said :

"The terrorism of al Qaeda, Hamas, the Iranian government and other Islamists results from the ideas of such contemporary radicals as Osama bin Laden and Ayatollah Khomeini, not from the Koran."

Well, according to *ME*, he gets this one WRONG, and many of the persons I talked about earlier disagree with his above statement.

Pipes presents the following arguments :

1) "Mild Islam: Like other sacred writings, the Koran can be mined for quotes to support opposing arguments [...] gentler passages from the Koran."

I can easely destroy that argument, but all my documentation on the matter is in French. I speaked of "takia" in my previous message ; the following documentary explains everything about those "gentle Koran passages" and Walid Shoebat is part of it...

According to you Daniel Pipes is one of the world's top experts on Islam (and, once again, interesting how you think all the world's Islam experts are non-Muslim). Suddenly he's wrong because he disagrees with you?

Buddy, you can't even keep your own ridiculous (by your own admission) logic straight! And you want to challenge the opinion of someone you yourself labelled as an expert?

According to Daniel Pipes, I'm right and you're wrong. Suck it up, princess.

$1:
Yes, anti-jihad theologians can be wrong some times, Pipes was wrong on that one, but hey, even if the jihadists distort the "real" Islam, they still represent a heck of a big treat and their doctrines MUST be faught ! (So it all boils down to the same thing.)

Oh, and I spoke about western colonisation's role, well, this part of the ducumentary explains further...

:rolll: Pipes, "the expert" wrong. So says you. Somehow, this doesn't hurt my confidence on little bit.

And god forbid Western countries should colonize the rest of the world, then be considered somewhat responsible for what happens there. :roll:

$1:
2) "Mild Muslims: There have been occasions of Muslim moderation and tolerance."

Muslim actions don't affect in any way Islamic law and dictrines, which - according the Holy Koran - were never created and will never be destroyed/are ETERNAL.

Which is precisely the same thing that Baptists say about the Bible.

$1:
For every Shoebat or Manji, there are plenty of practicing Muslims who speak out in favor of peaceful Islam, and have been for decades.

Yup, and it's nice to see some of these folks take on Spencer...

Spencer vs. Armstrong : http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/ ... _Armstrong

Interesting. Let's take a look at a portion of Armstrong's review that Spencer didn't address:

$1:
Professor Tariq Ramadan has studied Islam at the University of Geneva and al-Azhar University in Cairo and is currently senior research fellow at St Antony’s College, Oxford. The Messenger is easily the most scholarly and knowledgeable of these four biographies of Muhammad, but it is also practical and relevant, drawing lessons from the Prophet’s life that are crucial for Muslims and non-Muslims alike. Ramadan makes it clear, for example, that Muhammad did not shun non-Muslims as ”unbelievers” but from the beginning co-operated with them in the pursuit of the common good. Islam was not a closed system at variance with other traditions. Muhammad insisted that relations between the different groups must be egalitarian. Even warfare must not obviate the primary duty of justice and respect.

When the Muslims were forced to leave Mecca because they were persecuted by the Meccan establishment, Ramadan shows, they had to adapt to the alien customs of their new home in Medina, where, for example, women enjoyed more freedom than in Mecca. The hijrah (”migration”) was a test of intelligence; the emigrants had to recognise that some of their customs were cultural rather than Islamic, and had to learn foreign practices.

Ramadan also makes it clear that, in the Koran, jihad was not synonymous with ”holy war”. The verb jihada should rather be translated: ”making an effort”. The first time the word is used in the Koran, it signified a ”resistance to oppression” (25:26) that was intellectual and spiritual rather than militant. Muslims were required to oppose the lies and terror of those who were motivated solely by self-interest; they had to be patient and enduring. Only after the hijrah, when they encountered the enmity of Mecca, did the word jihad take connotations of self-defence and armed resistance in the face of military aggression. Even so, in mainstream Muslim tradition, the greatest jihad was not warfare but reform of one’s own society and heart; as Muhammad explained to one of his companions, the true jihad was an inner struggle against egotism.

The Koran teaches that, while warfare must be avoided whenever possible, it is sometimes necessary to resist humanity’s natural propensity to expansionism and oppression, which all too often seeks to obliterate the diversity and religious pluralism that is God’s will. If they do wage war, Muslims must behave ethically. ”Do not kill women, children and old people,” Abu Bakr, the first caliph, commanded his troops. ”Do not commit treacherous actions. Do not burn houses and cornfields.” Muslims must be especially careful not to destroy monasteries where Christian monks served God in prayer.

Ramadan could have devoted more time to such contentious issues as the veiling of women, polygamy and Muhammad’s treatment of some (though by no means all) of the Jewish tribes of Medina. But his account restores the balance that is so often lacking in western narratives. Muhammad was not a belligerent warrior. Ramadan shows that he constantly emphasised the importance of ”gentleness” (ar-rafiq), ”tolerance” (al-ana) and clemency (al-hilm).

It will be interesting to see how The Messenger is received. Ramadan is clearly addressing issues that inspire some Muslims to distort their religion. Western people often complain that they never hear from ”moderate” Muslims, but when such Muslims do speak out they are frequently dismissed as apologists and hagiographers. Until we all learn to approach one another with generosity and respect, we cannot hope for peace.

Spencer runs through all his typical talking points (they're apologists, they're slaves to political correctness, I'm only saying what Islam is) yet fails to respond when someone engages his writing based on the facts.

Yet Spencer claims that no one challenges him on the facts. Ramadan clearly did. Where's the response, Robert? Maybe the next time Durandal sees mr Spencer, he'll ask.

$1:
$1:

Because I'm not willing to stand by Robert Spencer ? You just invented that ?

You tried to claim that you didn't cite Robert Spencer, or Jihad watch. But who posted the link?

$1:
Pakistan [bla bla] they have secured their northern border [bla bla] so that Taliban sympathizers cannot pass across it so easily as before.

Good God, you want to claim that NOW, the border is secure, with a PDF from 2003 ?

Woooooush ! Give me a break ![/quote]

Let's just take a step back and look at this:

-The PDF, dated 2003 states the Pakistani border is secure.

-In 2007, you can't demonstrate otherwise, and have failed to make a credible attempt to do so.

I don't know if you're a glutton for punishment or if you just think that sticking out in the savage ass kicking I'm dealing you long enough to get the last word will make you the winner of the argument, but frankly, watching you try to dissemble your own faulty logic is actually worth the wasted time.

And trust me: you are a waste of my time.

biopiracy @ Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:20 am

The NDP understand they can't allow the Liberals to benefit from a Democrat-esque image. That, and they're suggesting they may introduce a motion in favour of an immediate pull-out.

they all need white feathers
http://www.cafepress.com/freepioneer.128284470

Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next