Canada Kicks Ass
Molson vs Bud

flyman01 @ Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:15 pm

Hey everyone I just bought a case of Molson Golden, its a geat beer I enjoy it. I also like Bud. I just want to get some feedback from everyone here which taste is prefered, Molson or Budwieser. Its a toss up for me, I think I am leaning towards Molson though.

Zipperfish @ Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:07 pm

I used to live in the States. There beer is awful. Bud is swill, and Coors is like making love in a canoe -- it's fucking close to water.

However, I did manage to dig up a couple of great finds while I was down there -- Henry Weinhard's Dark is a fantastic beer, and it is also my humble opinion that Henry Weinhard's Orange Cream Soda is the most kick-ass orange pop ever. And their root beer is also awesome. Sam Adams, I seem to recall, was pretty good also. But the big breweries -- Bud, Miller, Coors. Yuck.

In Canada the big brewers -- Molson, Labatt -- are a lot better. But I still like my small brewery beer -- Okanagan Spring, Sleeman's. And I always try to get me a Henry's Dark, but they're hard as hell to find up here.

flyman01 @ Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:20 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I used to live in the States. There beer is awful. Bud is swill, and Coors is like making love in a canoe -- it's fucking close to water.

However, I did manage to dig up a couple of great finds while I was down there -- Henry Weinhard's Dark is a fantastic beer, and it is also my humble opinion that Henry Weinhard's Orange Cream Soda is the most kick-ass orange pop ever. And their root beer is also awesome. Sam Adams, I seem to recall, was pretty good also. But the big breweries -- Bud, Miller, Coors. Yuck.

In Canada the big brewers -- Molson, Labatt -- are a lot better. But I still like my small brewery beer -- Okanagan Spring, Sleeman's. And I always try to get me a Henry's Dark, but they're hard as hell to find up here.

I will have to try those two you mentioned .

canucker @ Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:22 pm

Molson for sure. I hate the Bud.

RoyalHighlander @ Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:36 pm

The US Molson Golden is not a good representation of the Molson products you get brewed for here in Canada.. Ive tried the American version and it tatses skunky compared to the Canadian stuff.. But with Molsons you are at least on the right track LOL

PENATRATOR @ Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:42 pm

Labatts 50!!!!!!!!!!

ManifestDestiny @ Sun May 01, 2005 5:24 am

Budwieser #1 selling beer in Canada!
Look for yoursleves. Thanks for making us Number one!

http://www.macleans.ca/culture/media/ar ... 2850_82850

RUEZ @ Sun May 01, 2005 5:38 am

Don't get to excited dillhole. Bud is brewed and bottled by labatts. It's a Canadian beer using the Bud name. [B-o]

ManifestDestiny @ Sun May 01, 2005 5:42 am

ANd Labbat is owned by interbrew which I think is Dutch. Comrade. And Moloson "merged" with Coors. Nice to know your beer companies can stay in Canadian hands.

And Bud is still the best selling beer in Canada.

ManifestDestiny @ Sun May 01, 2005 5:42 am

I drink Saranac or Sam Adams anyway.

RUEZ @ Sun May 01, 2005 5:46 am

Wow you so smart. [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag] [flag]

Zipperfish @ Sun May 01, 2005 12:38 pm

Canadian Bud tastes nothing like American Bud. It's basically just Labatt's beer, only they pay Anhauser-Busch (sp?) a fortune each year to use their brand name and hitch a ride on the Budweiser marketing machine. It seems to work for them.

Pimpbrewski @ Sun May 01, 2005 1:10 pm

Here is the kind of beer I drink. But if for some reason the store is out and I got a party to go to, I'll choose Bud.

Legion @ Sun May 01, 2005 1:22 pm

all this talk about beer....yum/.....I like all beer. As long as its not zima.